Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by ennu View Post
    followed first page to no luck, only short black screen and back to webos
    I need your logcat.txt and "dmesg" output(dmesg.txt) to investigate problem. You should enable logging by replacing init.rc in root.ext3(see post #22, post #24)
    You can get dmesg.txt(with kernel info) by executing this after issue:
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/AndroidChoot
    cat /proc/version > dmesg.txt
    dmesg >> dmesg.txt
  2. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Yes, I've compiled it, but didn't have time to test. I will see it next week, but it needs some efforts(not just compiling).
    Hi Nin_ru,
    I know you've been busy with your PhD, but was wondering if you've managed to make any progress in managing to recompile cm7 to allow sound? I hope your studies/research is going well.

cheers

vgg
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    Hi Nin_ru,
    I know you've been busy with your PhD, but was wondering if you've managed to make any progress in managing to recompile cm7 to allow sound? I hope your studies/research is going well.

cheers

vgg
    No, I've not worked on sound yet. Reasons: I decided to move to new fast pc, so I had to setup build environment from scratch. Taking this opportunity, I set up environment for cm9(I hoped it wouldn't be hard to port it, and work on sound there, as sound code may had changed). As it turned out, in cm9, graphics code was significantly rewritten(for hw acceleration), so I can't get screen to work properly(for now). To solve this error it's necessary to deep dive into the code(a lot of time), so maybe I should temporarily forget about cm9 and work on cm7's sound.
    Honestly, I've never worked with sound, so it also may take a lot of time.
    Offtopic: Studies are ok, thanks. But they have no relation to PhD, I'm too ignorant and young for it.
    vgg likes this.
    Given the recent Skype problem, I was wondering if anyone had run the Android version under this. But I guess sound support would be needed ;-)

What about messaging? Anyone tried?
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Given the recent Skype problem, I was wondering if anyone had run the Android version under this. But I guess sound support would be needed ;-)

What about messaging? Anyone tried?
    I've tried it today(not used skype for year before). Android version loads, messaging works.(of course, very slowly, not everyday solution).
    Sorry again for sound support, can't work on it now, but it's highest priority for freetime.
    Preemptive, vgg and Rnp like this.
    There is no need to apologise! No one is being paid to support webOS! ;-)
    Rnp likes this.
    I finally decided to give this a whirl and it was fairly easy, except Step 3 really hung me up, I kept trying to put it in Recovery Mode and try doing the novacom boot mem:// < uImage.android through a command line in WebOS QuickInstall...it was only after I took a step back I realized I should be trying it on my PC...my mind is cooked from too many hours in the office.
    Just a heads up if anyone else makes my dire mistake...which is doubtful but oh well.
    So far so good on the Chroot front

3. Install and run android.

Install the ipk-file using WebOSQuickInstall or Preware and reboot your Pre3 into recovery mode by restarting the phone and holding the “volume up” button until you see the big USB symbol on the screen.

In the terminal/command line, navigate to the directory containing Novacom (when not accessible from current directory) and make sure to have uImage.android in the same folder and run:
    Code:
    novacom boot mem:// < uImage.android
    NIN_ru and Rnp like this.
    Whatsapp... there is somebody that has tested?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Hi, all,

I just wanted to report another success using the initial post's directions. My Pre 3 is currently running Android in a card, very neat. Thanks so much for the development and documentation of this.

However, I'm having a little difficulty following the instructions for being able to boot into Android without a computer. Do I just copy "bootr-nofob-master.zip" and "uImage.android" to /media/internals/AndroidChroot, then run the commands NIN provided in post #62? Or Do I need more preparation? I have never used bootr before.

Sincerely,
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 09/02/2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
  10.    #170  
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    However, I'm having a little difficulty following the instructions for being able to boot into Android without a computer. Do I just copy "bootr-nofob-master.zip" and "uImage.android" to /media/internals/AndroidChroot, then run the commands NIN provided in post #62? Or Do I need more preparation? I have never used bootr before.
    Yes, you are right, you need just to copy those files and run commands.
    I updated first post with instructions about bootr, uberkernel, and some notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp
    Whatsapp... there is somebody that has tested?
    Sorry, as for me, I don't use it, but see no reason why it should not work.

As for sound problem:
    One possible way to solve it is to connect android sound output to webOS pulseaudio server. It is pretty simple(see "Direct connection" on Network), but I'm frustrated while trying to connect touchpad pulseaudio with pc. It would be great if someone is able to connect ubuntuchroot pulseaudio server with pc one, and share settings. This also possibly will let to enable sound from ubuntuchroot.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

After moving "bootr-nofob-master.zip" and "uImage.Android" to media/Internal/AndroidChroot, I plugged my Pre 3 into my Windows PC in recovery mode, navigated to cd\Program Files\Palm, Inc (where I would launch Android from my computer) and executed your command. This is what I got:

Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Theodore>cd\Program Files\Palm, Inc

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>cd /media/internal/AndroidChroot
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>cp uImage.android /boot/uImage.Android
    'cp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>mkdir tmp
    Access is denied.

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>unzip bootr-nofob-master.zip -d tmp
    'unzip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>cp -rf tmp/bootr-nofob-master /boot/bootr

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>sh /boot/bootr/bin/install.sh install
    'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>mount -o remount,rw /boot
    'mount' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>cp /boot/sbin/init.webos.bootr /boot/sbin/init.androi
    d.bootr

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>rm -fr tmp
    I'm sure it's a foolish mistake, but I'm pretty hung up.

Thanks Again,
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 09/04/2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    After moving "bootr-nofob-master.zip" and "uImage.Android" to media/Internal/AndroidChroot, I plugged my Pre 3 into my Windows PC in recovery mode, navigated to cd\Program Files\Palm, Inc (where I would launch Android from my computer) and executed your command. This is what I got:
    You don't need to put pre3 into recovery mode. Those commands should be run on the pre3 shell. If you want, you can get it without novaterm, e.g. from WOSQI, or wterm and xterm on the pre3.
    So, your mistake is that you executed commands in the pc shell, not pre3's.(you simply forgot to launch novaterm first, commands should be run in it's window). Hope this helps.
    You don't need to put pre3 into recovery mode. Those commands should be run on the pre3 shell. If you want, you can get it without novaterm, e.g. from WOSQI, or wterm and xterm on the pre3.
    So, your mistake is that you executed commands in the pc shell, not pre3's.(you simply forgot to launch novaterm first, commands should be run in it's window). Hope this helps.
    I went and made that all too complicated, didn't I? I executed your command in WOSQI and got it running flawlessly. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    ~Ted
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

Will I be able to install it on a HP Pre 2 as well? So I could use my old Pre 2 for testing...

Best regards

gsfx
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    Hello,

Will I be able to install it on a HP Pre 2 as well? So I could use my old Pre 2 for testing...

Best regards

gsfx
    There were some attempts to run it on pre2, but they have ended because pre2's kernel is too old and doesn't support android.
    However, it will be good if you can test uImage.pre2 from #121(by membooting, it is safe for phone). If it can properly boot webOS(without crash as suddenly fading display), then there will be chances.
    You also can play with native android for pre2: http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...i-success.html
  16. vgg

Sorry, as for me, I don't use it, but see no reason why it should not work.

As for sound problem:
    One possible way to solve it is to connect android sound output to webOS pulseaudio server. It is pretty simple(see "Direct connection" on Network), but I'm frustrated while trying to connect touchpad pulseaudio with pc. It would be great if someone is able to connect ubuntuchroot pulseaudio server with pc one, and share settings. This also possibly will let to enable sound from ubuntuchroot.
    Hi Nin_ru,
    did you ever get the sound worked out?

cheers
    v2
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    Hi Nin_ru,
    did you ever get the sound worked out?

cheers
    v2
    No. I failed to connect pulseaudio from touchpad(or pre3) to pc. I now work on another project, but if someone can connect them, i will try to help.
    Sorry again, vgg.
  18. vgg
    No. I failed to connect pulseaudio from touchpad(or pre3) to pc. I now work on another project, but if someone can connect them, i will try to help.
    Sorry again, vgg.
    OK thanks for the update
    Don't let die this post!!! I'm very surprised with this achievement on the Pre 3!!! Any update for the sound or any update (CM9 or anything else?).

Thanks for this post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Tried this today on my spare Pre 3. Stock device, freshly Doctored. Bypassed activation and have only installed this. My simplified steps, to be sure it's right:

1) Copy *.tar.gz and scripts to folder on Linux machine. Ran scripts to generate *.ext3 files in /out. Then also ran gapps script.
    2) Create /media/internal/AndroidChroot, /media/internal/AndroidChroot/root, /media/internal/AndroidChroot/sdcard
    3) Copy the ext3 files from /out (on PC) to /AndroidChroot (on Pre 3)
    4) Install AndroidChroot ipk with WOSQI
    5) Boot revovery mode, use novacom to boot with uImage.android, device boots
    6) Run AndroidChroot

But it doesn't work. I push Start, a new card comes up, usually all black. Sometimes see a little digital pixel glitch on the blackness. Then the black card immediately closes itself and it goes back to AndroidChroot card with Start available and Stop disabled. Did I miss something?

ext3 files made: cache (200 MB), data (500 MB), root (100 MB), swap (500 MB), system (300 MB)
    How did you manage to run AndroidChroot I have the same problem that you had!!! Please some help!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast