Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by PANDA_roken View Post
    Attachment 68101
    I just change the kernel name to "nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage",because when it was named "uImage.pre2" it return bad or error response from other side: 'err -1 bad command string'
    Is it effect the all things?
    If the klog.txt is wrong,please tell me ,I will do again
    klog.txt seems to be right, but it doesn't have any useful information. Kernel is wrong, very old, I can't find any android kernel sources for this version. So, I think it's senselessly to work on it without both device and any sources. If you find anywhere working webos kernel with android patch(maybe from chinese developers), I will be happy to help.
    Anyway, you can play with native android for pre2: http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...i-success.html
  2. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.

You can enable tablet UI by replacing system.ext3/framework/framework-res.apk with framework-res.apk and system.ext3/app/SystemUI.apk with SystemUI.apk.
    Click to view quoted image

Also you can return status bar to top or manage keys in tablet tweaks settings.
    No sound yet, it seems I need to make clean build of cm7, this is very long.

Sorry, this guide is the best that I can write in english. You can install AndroidChroot without linux computer, but I see that it doesn't work on pre2 now.

I need your logcat.txt and maybe dmesg output to investigate problem. You should enable logging by replacing init.rc in root.ext(see post #22, post #24)

files.sh in first post already has this fix. Make sure you have no error during creating ext3 files and you have successfully booted android kernel.
    Hi Nin_ru,

did you ever recompile cm7 to enable sound?

cheers

vgg
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    Hi Nin_ru,

did you ever recompile cm7 to enable sound?

cheers

vgg
    Yes, I've compiled it, but didn't have time to test. I will see it next week, but it needs some efforts(not just compiling).
  4. vgg
    Many thanks Nin_ru....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    please help.....I had closed the app directly ,without shutdown and no its not working
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chodraju Aditya1 View Post
    please help.....I had closed the app directly ,without shutdown and no its not working
    If I understood correctly, you had closed app and pre3 freezed and refused to launch it again(and other apps too).
    You can shutdown android using novaterm:
    Code:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.androidchroot/scripts
    ./kill.sh
    ./umount.sh
    or you can simply reboot pre3.
    @NIN_ru: did you have any luck on the Veer? I did submit a log back then, but never heard of you again... I'd be glad to help you advance in supporting the Veer.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    @NIN_ru: did you have any luck on the Veer? I did submit a log back then, but never heard of you again... I'd be glad to help you advance in supporting the Veer.
    I've answered you in #116(see UPDATE) and waited for your new test. That file can also be used on pre3 to change battery icon from "unknown" to full.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru
    Yes, I've compiled it, but didn't have time to test. I will see it next week, but it needs some efforts(not just compiling).
    So, I tested it a little. There is a small progress: now alsa appeared in logs and I can search for this error. Hope it's caused by missing(or wrong) alsa settings.
    Code:
    E/ALSALib ( 2905): external/alsa-lib/src/control/control.c:882:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL AndroidOut
    W/AudioHardwareALSA( 2905): Unable to attach mixer to device AndroidOut: No such file or directory
    E/ALSALib ( 2905): external/alsa-lib/src/control/control.c:882:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL AndroidIn
    W/AudioHardwareALSA( 2905): Unable to attach mixer to device AndroidIn: No such file or directory
    E/AudioHardwareALSA( 2905): ALSA Module not found!!!
    W/AudioHardwareInterface( 2905): Using stubbed audio hardware. No sound will be produced.
    D/AudioHardwareInterface( 2905): setMode(NORMAL)
    vgg likes this.
    I have asked the Chinese who make out the android on pre2. He said he can't find the files. He doesn't make it for a long time .Can you rebuild the cernel by yourself for pre2?I have asked the Chinese who make out the android on pre2. He said he can't find the files. He doesn't make it for a long time .
    I really want to use the android on pre2 with card! (Because if it can work,then I needn't buy a pre3)
    Can you rebuild the kernel by yourself for pre2?
    Thanks for all you did
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by PANDA_roken View Post
    I have asked the Chinese who make out the android on pre2. He said he can't find the files. He doesn't make it for a long time .
    I really want to use the android on pre2 with card! (Because if it can work,then I needn't buy a pre3)
    Can you rebuild the kernel by yourself for pre2?
    Thanks for all you did
    I can build it, but I need some information. Can you ask Chinese developers where did they get kernel sources(palm sources or android, maybe just the same as in android-on-pre project), also any info about kernel config is appreciated. When I tried myself to merge webos kernel + android part from android-on-pre kernel, you see I failed.
    Also I just realized that I don't understand why did you get "bad or error response", it should be independent of name while membooting. Just to be sure, did you use another method?(anyway klog shows that kernel is broken)
    I don't know whether card version is possible because kernel should boot both webos and android, but native android should work(with right kernel sources).
    And AndroidChroot can't be main reason to buy pre3, it's very slow, you will be disappointed.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    does this work on touchpad 4g ?
    will love if its work
    Quote Originally Posted by nemogamo View Post
    will love if its work
    But you can have ACL AND dual boot Cyanogenmod! You want this too?! ;-)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    But you can have ACL AND dual boot Cyanogenmod! You want this too?! ;-)
    kind of tired switching/restart, now my knob bit loose
    any change update to CM9?
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by nemogamo View Post
    will love if its work
    In theory, it should work. I've tested it 2 times long time ago(on wifi version), but it had problem with minimizing card gesture - cm7 tablet UI with bottom statusbar treated it like opening statusbar so screenoff code worked incorrectly(not tested with using only home button, though).
    If you want to try, you should enable tabletUI: #132 and use this kernel: uImage, but there is no much sense.
    I can't work on AndroidChroot now, because I'm busy by many reports, until the end of June.
    In the instruction there's a 500mb swap file created due to the Pre3 limited memory.
    I wonder if it wouldn't be more efficient use of space to just increase the Pre3 native swap file instead of creating another swap file, which will only get used when android is running? Would there be a big performance impact?
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by hangover#WN View Post
    In the instruction there's a 500mb swap file created due to the Pre3 limited memory.
    I wonder if it wouldn't be more efficient use of space to just increase the Pre3 native swap file instead of creating another swap file, which will only get used when android is running? Would there be a big performance impact?
    Yes, increasing webos swap partition is more efficient usage of space, but it's a little dangerous, and may cause problems when doctoring,etc. Also, webos doesn't use swap in normal state due to compcache. And swap.ext3 remains "on" after android shutdown. I think it will be no performance impact.
    Super excited by this news!
    I have a Veer, Pre3 and a Touchpad. Is it possible to completely replace WebOS with Android on the two phones?
    And if yes, what functions will no longer work?
    Also, would it be possible to create a basic equivalent of Touchpad Toolbox for the Pre3 and Veer?
    Touchpad Toolbox - xda-developers
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by krumbs View Post
    Super excited by this news!
    I have a Veer, Pre3 and a Touchpad. Is it possible to completely replace WebOS with Android on the two phones?
    And if yes, what functions will no longer work?
    Also, would it be possible to create a basic equivalent of Touchpad Toolbox for the Pre3 and Veer?
    Touchpad Toolbox - xda-developers
    Thanks!

completely remove webOS? I never do that. I love my touchpad with webos and my pre2. android not change. because you want to replace webos on android?

enviado desde mi chingadera esta usando algo que no se que es!, jeje
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    In Australia and bought a UK Pre 3 replacement via Austria mail forwarding because of you.
    Wish I could help with development/packaging.

Can't wait to get apps for the Pre 3 and webOS that it deserves.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    followed first page to no luck, only short black screen and back to webos
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast