Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    I dont have a linux system to use for install, so am using my Pre3 but i can't get gapps.sh to run, when i try it gives error
    Archive: zip flags 1 and 8 are not supported

I am confused about where to actually put the gapps files on the pre as you say place in archive folder , i have placed them in the same "out".
    Put in "Source" folder. On executing it will modify "System.ext3" in the "out" folder.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    This is awesome How on earth are you drawing to the framebuffer successfully? I tried an android kernel and chroot a while back but couldn't get beyond a black card. Android was up, I could get shell access and run adb, etc, but none of the GUI stuff launched. Are you indirecting the display via something like vnc, or did you find an SDL way?

I look forward to trying this out

Oh, and how are you customizing the rootfs after install? It looks like the clever uinput hack (nice!) means you don't need any android-side event client, but is there anything else customized about the chroot environment?
    Last edited by Jonny.A; 02/24/2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Put in "Source" folder. On executing it will modify "System.ext3" in the "out" folder.
    No matter where i put it I get error.

I going to download and run SliTaz Linux, it a tiny version about 40MB i can live boot via USB or DVD and run in memory on my PC.

I will use this to run the linux scripts then copy to Pre3.

Thanks for all the help

www.slitaz.org

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install...-from-windows/
    Last edited by Firepower; 02/24/2014 at 10:32 PM.
  4.    #104  
    I dont have a linux system to use for install, so am using my Pre3 but i can't get gapps.sh to run, when i try it gives error
    Archive: zip flags 1 and 8 are not supported.
    Yes, it seems webOS has busybox version of unzip, that doesn't support this achieve. Some time ago, I just unziped achieve on computer and then zipped it back, and that repacked version worked on pre3, so you can try this without linux. It seems I don't have rights to share working zip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.A
    This is awesome How on earth are you drawing to the framebuffer successfully? I tried an android kernel and chroot a while back but couldn't get beyond a black card. Android was up, I could get shell access and run adb, etc, but none of the GUI stuff launched. Are you indirecting the display via something like vnc, or did you find an SDL way?
    At the beginning, I was using virtutal framebuffer and opengl to show it on screen. But then, while trying to speed it up, I realized that PDK apps just shows fb1. So, android just uses fb1(maybe the fastest method, almost as native), and clients work is to update the screen. But there is a problem - double buffering is not supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.A
    Oh, and how are you customizing the rootfs after install? It looks like the clever uinput hack (nice!) means you don't need any android-side event client, but is there anything else customized about the chroot environment?
    Maybe I didn't understand question properly. webOS rootfs customized only with services to run client app with root access to fb1, and to manage android start/shutdown. I used cm touchpad touchscreen driver sources to create virtual input device(touchscreen, gestures) inside android(keyboard just works, as /dev/input/event1).
    You can fully understand this by looking on main.cpp - first client version, only 250 lines.
    Last edited by NIN_ru; 02/25/2014 at 12:10 AM.
    unzip and zip again on Pc allowed gapps.sh to run when copied back to Pre3

Thank You

It's working can run android in a card.
    Last edited by Firepower; 02/25/2014 at 07:07 AM.
    eKeith likes this.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Maybe I didn't understand question properly. webOS rootfs customized only with services to run client app with root access to fb1, and to manage android start/shutdown. I used cm touchpad touchscreen driver sources to create virtual input device(touchscreen, gestures) inside android(keyboard just works, as /dev/input/event1).
    You can fully understand this by looking on main.cpp - first client version, only 250 lines.
    I was meaning the Android rootfs image/system image - eg those ext3 images you're providing. Are they 'standard' cyanogenmod images, or do you modify them heavily?

mount $ROOT_PATH/ramdisk.ext3 $ROOT_PATH/root
    mount $ROOT_PATH/system.ext3 $ROOT_PATH/root/system
    mount $ROOT_PATH/data.ext3 $ROOT_PATH/root/data
    mount $ROOT_PATH/cache.ext3 $ROOT_PATH/root/cache

^ Those files

I've tried pre2 sources, but it seems that its kernel is old and sources doesn't have android patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Geronimo!
    HW-Keyboard and Uberkernel-UImage works great!
    hhm if Pre2 standard kernel was to old, but now Pre3 uberkernel works - would it now be possible to use Pre2 uberkernel or am i completely wrong?
  8. vgg
    Just an update with regards to my hw keyboard problem using the uberkernel uImage.Android verion. I reinstalled everything, created new root,system,data,cache and swap.ext3 files and now hw keyboard is working.
    yay.
    I'm still having problems with regards to pdk games after running androidchroot so am probably gonna have to read up about frame buffers to investigate further.

I have a question with regards to sound - I can't seem to get any sound from android. Does the android kernel image have the sound modules installed or is this a problem with android accessing or communicating with the hardware?

cheers

vito
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    Just an update with regards to my hw keyboard problem using the uberkernel uImage.Android verion. I reinstalled everything, created new root,system,data,cache and swap.ext3 files and now hw keyboard is working.
    yay.
    I'm still having problems with regards to pdk games after running androidchroot so am probably gonna have to read up about frame buffers to investigate further.

I have a question with regards to sound - I can't seem to get any sound from android. Does the android kernel image have the sound modules installed or is this a problem with android accessing or communicating with the hardware?

cheers

vito
    Where do you find the uberkernel uImage.Android verion ?
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.A View Post
    I was meaning the Android rootfs image/system image - eg those ext3 images you're providing. Are they 'standard' cyanogenmod images, or do you modify them heavily?
    Modified files are:
    root/init.rc - rename fb1 to fb0, remove buttons
    system/build.prop - to simulate sony lt15i
    system/etc/vold.fstab - to mount pre3 flash memory as sdcard
    system/etc/permissions/* - to have full market access
    system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin - pre3 hw keychars(maybe system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl will be modified in future)
    added root/AndroidChroot folder with scripts and pipe nodes to sleep/wakeup start/shutdown android
    removed system/init.local.rc - it has unnecessary compcache entry
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21
    hhm if Pre2 standard kernel was to old, but now Pre3 uberkernel works - would it now be possible to use Pre2 uberkernel or am i completely wrong?
    No, uberkernel is the same kernel version with some patches and tweaks. But it seems android-on-pre kernel works on pre2 and have android patch. I will see it at weekend.
    It seems that pdk games problem not because of framebuffer. I think some games directly talks with video card, and maybe android while booting somehow broke its settings.
    As for sound, I just didn't work with it. Maybe it's very simple to add it, maybe not.
    Where do you find the uberkernel uImage.Android verion ?
    It is in #72. It seems that it's tested enough to put in 1 post, though.
    Sorry about keyboard update delays. Other things, as always.
    Thanks for all the help, I now have my pre3 dual booting WebOS UK or Android UK (UK = UberKernel)
    I had to do all this using Xecutah Xterm on my pre3, as Novaterm refuses to work most of the time on my win7 64bit,
    occasional it works , but it too frustrating, pre3 Xterm is just easier, I just make commands list into script and run in Xterm.

thanks again for all the help , I love WebOS and all the users and devs , good job :-)
    vgg and eKeith like this.
    I ask you, is impossible to install Android in pre2?

Enviado desde mi la chingada hasta allá,
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    ... as Novaterm refuses to work most of the time on my win7 64bit...
    I have a similar problem... on executing novaterm under win7 64-bit I get the "overflow" error.

I therefore installed the Palm SDK onto my ubuntu 13.10 and it ran without issue. I also now have the dual-boot facility. Thanks again!

PS
    Note that novaterm is found under /opt/Palm/novacom/
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Ok, so I managed to find time to test this. Really great. Performance on a Pre3 is much better than I expected. Yeah.

I have a slight issue with the keyboard, though. It is a QERTZ device (i.e. german keyboard layout, not US/UK QWERTY one). This is not reflected by the android system, no matter if I switch the system to german or english.

Then I played a bit with the Veer. WebOS boots both veer kernels fine, but Android never manages to boot... it seems to be hanging in a boot loop. I created a logcat.txt, find it attached. It got quite big (6MB, >400kb zipped) and you probably don't need most of it... It went through the boot loop quite some times, until I recognized the android-screen flickering.

Would be really cool if we can get this working on a Veer, too.

BTW: This is a Veer with webOS 2.1.1 (EU version) and stock kernel, mem boot with the veer_modified kernel.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Preemptive likes this.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Sorry about keyboard update delays. Other things, as always.
    No problem, I'm busy too. Between, it seems I fixed keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    I have a slight issue with the keyboard, though. It is a QERTZ device (i.e. german keyboard layout, not US/UK QWERTY one). This is not reflected by the android system, no matter if I switch the system to german or english.
    OK, you should replace system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl with qwertz.kl(but it should be named qwerty.kl) and system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin with qwerty.kcm.bin. You may also want to choose german onscreen layout under settings>language&keyboard>android keyboard(onscreen)>input languages.

qwerty users should use qwerty.kcm.bin above and qwerty.kl(if you don't know how to replace these files, follow post #58)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764
    I ask you, is impossible to install Android in pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru
    But it seems android-on-pre kernel works on pre2 and have android patch. I will see it at weekend.
    I have looked through android-on-pre sources, and they seems to be right. I need to patch them with palms pre2 patch, but I need some more time. I failed to find official android kernel 2.6.24, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    Then I played a bit with the Veer. WebOS boots both veer kernels fine, but Android never manages to boot... it seems to be hanging in a boot loop. I created a logcat.txt, find it attached. It got quite big (6MB, >400kb zipped) and you probably don't need most of it... It went through the boot loop quite some times, until I recognized the android-screen flickering.

Would be really cool if we can get this working on a Veer, too.

BTW: This is a Veer with webOS 2.1.1 (EU version) and stock kernel, mem boot with the veer_modified kernel.
    Thank you for such useful testing. I also need some time to think.
    UPDATE: It is exactly the same problem described here(missing battery): NITDroid userland update II - FIRST BOOTABLE FROYO IMAGE!!!! | Season of Code
    So, you need to replace system/framework/services.jar with services.jar. Hope this will work.
    Last edited by NIN_ru; 03/02/2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Preemptive and ananimus like this.
    No problem, I'm busy too. Between, it seems I fixed keyboard.

OK, you should replace system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl with qwertz.kl(but it should be named qwerty.kl) and system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin with qwerty.kcm.bin. You may also want to choose german onscreen layout under settings>language&keyboard>android keyboard(onscreen)>input languages.

qwerty users should use qwerty.kcm.bin above and qwerty.kl(if you don't know how to replace these files, follow post #58)
    Excellent, nice work. Still buried here. Bad news is, no time for hobbies. Good news is, it's because I may get a promotion on Tuesday! Busy busy.
    Preemptive, NIN_ru and vgg like this.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I got problems to connect to any wifi-hotspot if im using Androidchroot.

When im connected to a wifi-hospot and start Android&Client, everything works fine.
    But when im not connected to a wifi-hotspot, start Android&Client and using it for a while i couldnt connect to any wifi-hotspot. WebOS found no wifi anymore, but there are many hotspot around.

BTW: Any solution for using BT, GPS or camera?
    OK, I was totally wrong about veer.
    While compiling veer kernel with android configs, one problem appeared - file lowmemorykiller.c doesn't want to compile. It seems that Palm replaced oomkilladj with oom_adj, but ignored android files. So, I see 2 logical ways to solve it. First - manually change oomkilladj to signal->oom_adj, and second - to use lowmemorykiller.c from pre3 sources. I think it's better to use first kernel. If you have unnecessary veer and want to try AndroidChroot, then follow the instruction, just with these files:
    com.nizovn.androidchroot_1.0.0_veer.ipk
    uImage.veer_modified
    uImage.veer_pre3(use it only if first kernel doesn't work)
    I will see pre2 sources later(maybe tomorrow).
    I am a Chinese,sorry,my English isn't good.I want to konw,when will you give us the android card for pre2?
    Thanks all you did for webOS
    will android for pre2? say that if!

Enviado desde la chingada, hasta allá!!