Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 207
Like Tree111Likes
  1. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #61  
    Android Inside!

    Side-loaded a couple favs with success:

    Speedtest - found server and ran upload/download test without problems

    TinyCamMonitor Pro - Linked Dropbox account, downloaded cameras' config... worked!

    Enough playing tonight...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    ananimus likes this.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    And I agree. I've seen these boot loaders before. But I can't find clear instructions for loading bootr-nofob for the Pre 3. It seems like we need some. Don't want mistakes on the boot process!
    You are right again, there are mistakes in bootr(just tried it). It seems it was designed only for android-on-pre project, and seems I've tried it before only for native build, not AndroidChroot.
    However, right instructions:
    Download bootr-nofob-master.zip and put it under /media/internals/AndroidChroot, put uImage.android in the same folder.
    Execute in novaterm:
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/AndroidChroot
    cp uImage.android /boot/uImage.Android
    mkdir tmp
    unzip bootr-nofob-master.zip -d tmp
    cp -rf tmp/bootr-nofob-master /boot/bootr
    sh /boot/bootr/bin/install.sh install
    mount -o remount,rw /boot
    cp /boot/sbin/init.webos.bootr /boot/sbin/init.android.bootr
    rm -fr tmp
    "uImage.Android" - not mistake. It seems post on webosnation can't contain "rm -rf", but can -fr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus
    It seems you started with Xperia Arc CM7, NIN. I wonder what other hardware besides keyboard you disabled. GFX? Accelerometer sensor? GPS? Not sure what they map to, but if you point me at them....
    No, I've started from scratch, but pre3 simulate it for full market access. I also disabled double buffering, as I failed to synchronize android and client(screen flickering); nothing else. Don't know what they map too, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus
    And the devs may be around. But NIN would have to explain the differences in his kernel too. It may be they aren't compatible.
    I didn't make any changes to kernel, only enabled android configs. Thanks for your work on keyboard!
    ananimus and Garfonso like this.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    You are right again, there are mistakes in bootr(just tried it). It seems it was designed only for android-on-pre project, and seems I've tried it before only for native build, not AndroidChroot.
    However, right instructions:
    Excellent, thanks! Will try it out soon.

    No, I've started from scratch, but pre3 simulate it for full market access.
    Ohhhhh, I see. Clever.

    I didn't make any changes to kernel, only enabled android configs.
    Oh! Well then yeah, I wonder if it could be added to UberKernel if it isn't already. *turns on the homebrew Bat-Signal*
  4. Palmiga's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Oh! Well then yeah, I wonder if it could be added to UberKernel if it isn't already. *turns on the homebrew Bat-Signal*
    That would be awesome!!

    @NIN_ru Did you insert the knowledge about the hardware-keyboard and the new flash-mem-size in the first post of this thread? Would be great for all new user.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    That would be awesome!!

    @NIN_ru Did you insert the knowledge about the hardware-keyboard and the new flash-mem-size in the first post of this thread? Would be great for all new user.
    Yeah! Or maybe update the posted version with the commented init.rc line and fixed keymap files?
  6. Palmiga's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    You are right again, there are mistakes in bootr(just tried it). It seems it was designed only for android-on-pre project, and seems I've tried it before only for native build, not AndroidChroot.
    However, right instructions:
    Download bootr-nofob-master.zip and put it under /media/internals/AndroidChroot, put uImage.android in the same folder.
    Execute in novaterm:
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/AndroidChroot
    cp uImage.android /boot/uImage.Android
    mkdir tmp
    unzip bootr-nofob-master.zip -d tmp
    cp -rf tmp/bootr-nofob-master /boot/bootr
    sh /boot/bootr/bin/install.sh install
    mount -o remount,rw /boot
    cp /boot/sbin/init.webos.bootr /boot/sbin/init.android.bootr
    rm -fr tmp
    "uImage.Android" - not mistake. It seems post on webosnation can't contain "rm -rf", but can -fr.
    If I do this my Pre3 use this Androidkernel only or did i get a boot-menu with both kernels (Uberkernel and the Androidkernel?). How could I use the boot-menu if available?
  7. #67  
    This is directions to dual boot without a computer. Once installed, to select which kernel, you use volume keys to pick one and power button to continue.

    If NIN got directions right on the first try. I haven't tried it yet.

    Wondering if we know for sure how to remove bootr also, though. Will have to look at the install script and see how to reverse it.
  8. #68  
    I mean, for real???!!!

    ...this community is just simply, plainly, unmistakably, undeniably, amazingly, ¨heartbreakingly¨ the mother f$%&/ing BEST community of ALL!!!!!
    I just wish you all speak in english... man, I'm just ¨lost in translation¨ when y'all talking in chinese here!
    For dummies please...

    Man, I want to cry ...you're awesome...
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    eKeith likes this.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    @NIN_ru Did you insert the knowledge about the hardware-keyboard and the new flash-mem-size in the first post of this thread? Would be great for all new user.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus
    Yeah! Or maybe update the posted version with the commented init.rc line and fixed keymap files?
    Yes, I'll update it later this day. I reverted new sizes, as it need testing(may be unstable).
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus
    Wondering if we know for sure how to remove bootr also, though. Will have to look at the install script and see how to reverse it.
    Code:
    sh /boot/bootr/bin/install.sh uninstall
    But if you installed uberkernel, you will need to uninstall bootr and uberkernel in the same order as installed them(they both do backups).
  10. #70  
    This is Awesome, Will give it a try. :-)

    I have on question does Google Location Services work on this?
    Reason is Google Location Services does not work on WebOS in southern hemisphere on Pre3 and Touchpad.
    get lat of 402 instead of -27, long is correct.
    But when i use CM9 or CM10 android on Touchpad Google Location Services works correctly.
    hoping this allow me to use Goggle Location Services on pre3
    Last edited by Firepower; 02/18/2014 at 05:27 PM.
  11. #71  
    Android chroot | pivotCE

    I hope you like it... or tell me what I got wrong! ;-)

    Oops! Missed out Herrie's work on the bootloader! Updated!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/18/2014 at 11:10 AM.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Android chroot | pivotCE
    I hope you like it... or tell me what I got wrong! ;-)
    Oops! Missed out Herrie's work on the bootloader! Updated!
    Thank you, very good article! Hovewer, there is small inaccuracy -"root" in this case means directory, not user. Also you didn't mention k3dar7 work on bootr-nofob. And the word "physicist" is to huge for me - I only work for half-year(I'm student). Also including video would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru
    But if you installed uberkernel, you will need to uninstall bootr and uberkernel in the same order as installed them(they both do backups).
    Not sure if I wrote it clearly. I meant the order should be: install UK->install bootr->uninstall bootr->uninstall UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus
    Oh! Well then yeah, I wonder if it could be added to UberKernel if it isn't already. *turns on the homebrew Bat-Signal*
    OK, It's ready now: uImage.Android, but you need uberkernel ipk installed, as I compiled only uImage, without modules. Also, I updated files in first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower
    hoping this allow me to use location on pre3
    No, gps doesn't work.
  13. Palmiga's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post

    OK, It's ready now: uImage.Android, but you need uberkernel ipk installed, as I compiled only uImage, without modules. Also, I updated files in first post.
    Could you please be a little more specific? What is this file and how could we use it? Is it a part of Uberkernel?
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    No, gps doesn't work.
    Sorry, I not asking about GPS but the Google Location Services that give you approxamate location when GPS is turned off, it is the location data via wifi or 2G/3G cell.

    I having trouble getting Novacom working on my win7 64bit so may try again with the uber kernel boot loader.

    Thanks again for your great work and for those helping out, good to see webOS getting lot of love lately.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Thank you, very good article! Hovewer, there is small inaccuracy -"root" in this case means directory, not user. Also you didn't mention k3dar7 work on bootr-nofob. And the word "physicist" is to huge for me - I only work for half-year(I'm student). Also including video would be nice.
    Ok, some tweaks: I meant that the admin or root account allows access to the root directory and have hopefully clarified that. I've credited K3dar & Slyon on the bootr-nofob. I think anyone who works in physics a is a physicist, but I have re-worded that! ;-)
  16. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #76  
    Can you please clarify the procedure for installing GApps?

    "... put in a folder with the archives"... what does that mean? Where please?

    Thanks,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  17. vgg
    vgg is offline
    vgg's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Can you please clarify the procedure for installing GApps?

    "... put in a folder with the archives"... what does that mean? Where please?

    Thanks,
    Keith
    When I tried this I placed the 2 gapps files listed on page 1 (the zip file and .sh script file) in the same directory as the original root.tar.gz, system.tar.gz, data.tar.gz files on my linux box. When I ran the files.sh script, this then created the relevent.ext3 files. If you then run the gapps.sh script it unzips the gapps zip file, mounts system.ext3 file and then copies the required files to the appropriate directories in the newly mounted system.ext3. The script automatically unmounts system.ext3 once it's finished and you can then copy the ext3 files to your AndroidChroot folder on your pre3 as per the instructions and you'll be good to go.

    Please feel free to correct any misunderstanding I might have but it worked for me (I used the scripts to as a recipe and ran them one command at a time so that I could see what was going on)...

    Good luck

    Vito
    ananimus likes this.
  18. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    When I tried this I placed the 2 gapps files listed on page 1 (the zip file and .sh script file) in the same directory as the original root.tar.gz, system.tar.gz, data.tar.gz files on my linux box. When I ran the files.sh script, this then created the relevent.ext3 files. If you then run the gapps.sh script it unzips the gapps zip file, mounts system.ext3 file and then copies the required files to the appropriate directories in the newly mounted system.ext3. The script automatically unmounts system.ext3 once it's finished and you can then copy the ext3 files to your AndroidChroot folder on your pre3 as per the instructions and you'll be good to go.

    Please feel free to correct any misunderstanding I might have but it worked for me (I used the scripts to as a recipe and ran them one command at a time so that I could see what was going on)...

    Good luck

    Vito
    Thanks vito!

    I looked at the script but was not sure if to execute it on the device (using WOSQI Terminal) or on my Linux VM first before transferring the files. I suspect it actually does not matter once done before booting...

    ... will give it a try later.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  19. vgg
    vgg is offline
    vgg's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    #79  
    I think the only difference would be in terms of speed. Obviously the linux box(virtual or otherwise) will be quicker than running the scripts on the pre3. Good luck anyway. I've just uninstalled as I'm missing uberkernel so will reinstall the new UK friendly uImage and recreate the updated ext3 files to see how that works out...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ananimus likes this.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga
    Could you please be a little more specific? What is this file and how could we use it? Is it a part of Uberkernel?
    You need just to use uberkernel uImage.Android instead of uImage.android in first post(or in #62, if you want dual boot).
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Sorry, I not asking about GPS but the Google Location Services that give you approxamate location when GPS is turned off, it is the location data via wifi or 2G/3G cell.
    I just have tried google maps and 2 other map apps - location unavailable.
    I found that options in settings>cyanogenmod settings>performance seems to work and may slightly accelerate android.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02/20/2013, 04:19 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12/16/2011, 03:03 PM
  3. If Amazon Buys webOS, They Could Make it Run Android Apps
    By deesugar in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09/30/2011, 05:39 PM
  4. Run iOS and Android apps on webOS.
    By sherard in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03/30/2011, 05:46 PM
  5. Will we be able to run Android Apps on webOS?
    By JED-WEB-OS in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01/15/2011, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions