Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes
    b
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    There is a donation link in the first post:
    (Pre3) AndroidChroot - run android inside webOS
    If I click the link it goes to Paypal, but text is all in Russian. Finally sitting down to go through it anyway (I've seen this page before), but tried to find a way to trick it into English for webosnation-dwellers including FF Translate and URL editing.

Might cause some to hesitate, but don't know how to clear this up.

Edit: Whoops! After you type a dollar amount and log in, the next page goes back to English.*facepalm*
    Last edited by ananimus; 02/13/2014 at 11:34 PM.
    Use screenshot as an example for passing Russian PayPal page:
    • input the desirable amount [100 - on screenshot]
    • input email for your PayPal account [your@mail.com - on screenshot]
    • input password below email
    • press Yellow button below password to enter your account
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    It works!! Amazing.
    What I really need is Uberkernel- and keyboard-support and GPS would be nice.

Great work. Will donate it soon.
    Tried this today on my spare Pre 3. Stock device, freshly Doctored. Bypassed activation and have only installed this. My simplified steps, to be sure it's right:

1) Copy *.tar.gz and scripts to folder on Linux machine. Ran scripts to generate *.ext3 files in /out. Then also ran gapps script.
    2) Create /media/internal/AndroidChroot, /media/internal/AndroidChroot/root, /media/internal/AndroidChroot/sdcard
    3) Copy the ext3 files from /out (on PC) to /AndroidChroot (on Pre 3)
    4) Install AndroidChroot ipk with WOSQI
    5) Boot revovery mode, use novacom to boot with uImage.android, device boots
    6) Run AndroidChroot

But it doesn't work. I push Start, a new card comes up, usually all black. Sometimes see a little digital pixel glitch on the blackness. Then the black card immediately closes itself and it goes back to AndroidChroot card with Start available and Stop disabled. Did I miss something?

ext3 files made: cache (200 MB), data (500 MB), root (100 MB), swap (500 MB), system (300 MB)
    Minor observation: After booting with uImage.android, cannot put Pre 3 in USB drive mode. It showed the USB drive picture, then fails and returns to Just Charge mode. Of course rebooting as normal restores it.
  6.    #46  
    Are you sure that you run scripts under root and there were no errors?
    Also I've just tried to copy files to pre3 - and there were I/O errors while loading data.ext3, 3 times(i always have problem transfering files to pre3 from computer). It will be nice if you enable logging as in #22 and #24, also dmesg will be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus
    Minor observation: After booting with uImage.android, cannot put Pre 3 in USB drive mode. It showed the USB drive picture, then fails and returns to Just Charge mode. Of course rebooting as normal restores it.
    This may be result of not unmounting ext3 files, e.g. after improper shutdown of android.
    I spent half of day working on cm7 for touchpad(it works, but there are system crashes after some time), also with these files, so problem maybe not in source tar.gz files.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Are you sure that you run scripts under root and there were no errors?
    Yes, scripts run through sudo. At first there were some errors from my dumb mistakes. After cleaning up, ran with just one error: Could not rmdir var because it contained files. But I ignored that.

Also I've just tried to copy files to pre3 - and there were I/O errors while loading data.ext3, 3 times(i always have problem transfering files to pre3 from computer). It will be nice if you enable logging as in #22 and #24, also dmesg will be useful.
    I erased everything and tried copying a second time already. First time was copying to partition via Windows. Second time was in Linux. Both times it failed.

Thank you for the log hints, I'll check that. I'll also just try running in full su. (naughty, naughty)

I noticed the behavior (card that disappears) is the same whether I'm using your uImage or rebooted to the regular kernel also.
    Okay, ran the scripts on the PC again as root. Doesn't look different. Still did not work.

So I went in to mod for logging, per Post #24. Noticed something strange...
    Code:
    root@webos-device:/# cd /media/internal/AndroidChroot
    root@webos-device:/media/internal/AndroidChroot# mount root.ext3 root
    root@webos-device:/media/internal/AndroidChroot# mv root/init.rc root/init.rc.bak
    mv: can't rename 'root/init.rc': No such file or directory
    Wait, what?
    Code:
    root@webos-device:/media/internal/AndroidChroot# ls root
    lost+found
    root@webos-device:/media/internal/AndroidChroot# umount root
    root@webos-device:/media/internal/AndroidChroot# ls root
    root@webos-device:/media/internal/AndroidChroot#
    Should there be only lost+found in root.ext3 and no existing init.rc?
    Oh... actually everywhere the script issues a mount command, there is this error:

Code:
    mount: [path]/out/system.ext3 is not a block device (maybe try `-o loop'?)
    EDIT: That did it! Added '-o loop' option to all mount commands in the script. I'm now looking at Android!

Oh man, this is bizarre. Any chance of adding the keyboard driver...?
    Last edited by ananimus; 02/15/2014 at 06:47 PM.
    eKeith and NIN_ru like this.
    Awesome and what I saw. I'm very excited. Pongo pre2 available to any test.

Put this on pivotCE is very important

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L usando Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by joshua764; 02/15/2014 at 10:14 PM.
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Herrie, I see you were on github for bootr-nofob. Could you maybe point to some safe instructions on how to install Pre 3 dual boot for this?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    That did it! Added '-o loop' option to all mount commands in the script. I'm now looking at Android!
    Glad to see it worked for you. I'm waiting for your pull-request on github.
    I've updated files.sh with your fix and new file sizes. It now required 950MB of storage.
    If you want to "speed up" your feelings, try to wait about 5min after boot&&enabling wifi, as it will be high cpu usage for syncing, etc... Also you may want to wait some time after android boot.
    Oh man, this is bizarre. Any chance of adding the keyboard driver...?
    Got keyboard working: it needs only to comment one line in init.rc. You can download init.rc, or just comment line #29(about event1). However, special key layout in android differs from hw keyboard, I'll work on it later.
    ananimus likes this.
    ...special key layout in android differs from hw keyboard, I'll work on it later.
    I wouldn't mind working on the keymap. I was actually trying to look through xndcn's Veer stuff since he must have done the whole keymap.

And don't know if you'll see me pull. I'm not a developer (yet!). Working in physics, I only know enough C and Linux to make hacky analysis programs. I've spent so much time in Matlab the last few years I think I forgot how to run a compiler.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Most Pre3-User need to reboot once a day, me too. And then there is no PC with novacom available.
    So, I have to wait to use Android again.

And there is the anoying message "to many cards" again. Havent seen it for years, thanks to Uberkernel.

What I wnat to say: Is there a way to use this kernel all the time or maybe to put it in Uberkernel?
    Hello in pre2 someone managed to install?

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L usando Tapatalk 2
  16.    #56  
    I wouldn't mind working on the keymap. I was actually trying to look through xndcn's Veer stuff since he must have done the whole keymap.
    Good idea, and it seems to work!(except & sign works as +). You need replace folders inside system.ext3 usr/keylayout with keylayout and usr/keychars with keychars. Also, I reversed file sizes, as it seems to be unstable.
    I'm working in physics too But i prefer c language(maybe because I know only it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga
    Most Pre3-User need to reboot once a day, me too. And then there is no PC with novacom available.
    So, I have to wait to use Android again.
    And there is the anoying message "to many cards" again. Havent seen it for years, thanks to Uberkernel.
    What I wnat to say: Is there a way to use this kernel all the time or maybe to put it in Uberkernel?
    You can use bootr-nofob to boot uImage.android without computer. I have tried to compile uberkernel some time ago, but failed because build process was too much automized(I need to configure kernel manually). This problem is solvable, though.
    As for using android kernel all the time - I don't know how it will effect on battery time.(I removed all wakelock code from android, though).
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764
    Hello in pre2 someone managed to install?
    There is a problem(post #39):
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru
    I've tried pre2 sources, but it seems that its kernel is old and sources doesn't have android patch.
    So, I need to think what to do with it.
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    You can use bootr-nofob to boot uImage.android without computer.
    But how and where?
    ananimus likes this.
    Good idea, and it seems to work!(except & sign works as +). You need replace folders inside system.ext3 usr/keylayout with keylayout and usr/keychars with keychars.
    Actually, already fixed. I didn't change the keylayout. I edited the hex keychars kcm file (attached) to fix the ALT characters and @ key. Copied to /media/internal/AndroidChroot on Pre 3, then over novacom updated with

Code:
    cd /media/internal/AndroidChroot
    mkdir system
    mount system.ext3 system
    cp system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin.bak
    cp qwerty.kcm.bin system/usr/keychars/.
    umount system
    rmdir system
    This is of course after commenting the line in init.rc as you said before to enable the keyboard device. And that did it! Not changing one or two weird keylayouts is kind of cheating. But all the buttons work as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    But how and where?
    And I agree. I've seen these boot loaders before. But I can't find clear instructions for loading bootr-nofob for the Pre 3. It seems like we need some. Don't want mistakes on the boot process!

Edit: Oh neat! With the fixed keychars, the physical keyboard works in the calculator nicely. Just type numbers it works. Also *+-/. (oh, simple pleasure)

Edit 2: For those who want to quickly hex edit kcm files, I used Bless hex editor instead of decompiling or making a new one. I typed all the symbols to see what key made what ALT. Then directly edit the bin following this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1475283

For NIN's package, qwerty appeared to correspond to the ALT functions, so I just edited that. But I did not fix the base keylayout to fix the old 0 code mapping to the @ symbol. I instead just changed the output of the 0 press in the keychars (kcm). I also don't know how to change which keymaps are being used, so overwriting qwerty settings seemed okay.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ananimus; 02/16/2014 at 07:12 PM.
    eKeith likes this.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    And I agree. I've seen these boot loaders before. But I can't find clear instructions for loading bootr-nofob for the Pre 3. It seems like we need some. Don't want mistakes on the boot process!
    Maybe here is the solution:

https://github.com/k3dar/bootr-nofob

But I really recommend a solution inside the Uberkernel. Isnt the developer here in this forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Maybe here is the solution:

https://github.com/k3dar/bootr-nofob

But I really recommend a solution inside the Uberkernel. Isnt the developer here in this forum?
    Yes, the doc/README has general instructions. They look helpful, but I don't quite understand them. Specific note for using NIN's uImage and this loader would be great.

And the devs may be around. But NIN would have to explain the differences in his kernel too. It may be they aren't compatible.

Another Edit: Cut the Rope brings the poor phone to its knees. It seems you started with Xperia Arc CM7, NIN. I wonder what other hardware besides keyboard you disabled. GFX? Accelerometer sensor? GPS? Not sure what they map to, but if you point me at them....
    Last edited by ananimus; 02/16/2014 at 05:14 PM.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast