Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree111Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    Well, i have figured it out! It turns out, novacom is not compatible with Windows 10.. webOS Dr functions fine, it's just if i wanted to run a novacom command prompt (like in the exact circumstance i am in) it will force close.. :/

So, since that's the case, there is no way at all i can install the kernel with a script through webOSQI? And if so, any chance you'd be able to help me with that?

sj

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    wait, in your case WebOSQI can connect to the device, it means that novacom is working properly.
    So,
    1. put uImage.android in directory containing novacom
    2. open cmd.exе (PC's command prompt)
    3. navigate in it to mentioned directory
    4. execute the command to memboot kernel.
    PS. This is not an installation of kernel, this kernel will be lost after reboot. If all goes ok, you will be able to install it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    wait, in your case WebOSQI can connect to the device, it means that novacom is working properly.
    So,
    1. put uImage.android in directory containing novacom
    2. open cmd.exе (PC's command prompt)
    3. navigate in it to mentioned directory
    4. execute the command to memboot kernel.
    PS. This is not an installation of kernel, this kernel will be lost after reboot. If all goes ok, you will be able to install it later.
    I'll try what you mentioned and give it a shot.
    I'll keep you posted.

sj

**update: 6/7/16 - well, i am having trouble figuring out how to navigate to a connected device in cmd prompt. Step #3 above is where i am getting stuck..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 06/07/2016 at 09:36 PM.
    OK, I was totally wrong about veer.
    While compiling veer kernel with android configs, one problem appeared - file lowmemorykiller.c doesn't want to compile. It seems that Palm replaced oomkilladj with oom_adj, but ignored android files. So, I see 2 logical ways to solve it. First - manually change oomkilladj to signal->oom_adj, and second - to use lowmemorykiller.c from pre3 sources. I think it's better to use first kernel. If you have unnecessary veer and want to try AndroidChroot, then follow the instruction, just with these files:
    com.nizovn.androidchroot_1.0.0_veer.ipk
    uImage.veer_modified
    uImage.veer_pre3(use it only if first kernel doesn't work)
    I will see pre2 sources later(maybe tomorrow).
    Is this still working for the veer? Would like my veer to run android.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickydfo View Post
    Is this still working for the veer? Would like my veer to run android.
    Nobody has confirmed that it works on veer, but I think the chances are high (with fix in #116).
    I've simplified installation instructions a little for you, enabled logging, included mentioned fix.
    So, you will need to create /media/internal/AndroidChroot directory on your veer, download veer.tar.gz and put it there.
    Then unpack it using command line terminal on veer (it will take 1.6G):
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/AndroidChroot
    tar --strip-components=1 -pzxvf veer.tar.gz
    Then install com.nizovn.androidchroot_1.0.0_veer.ipk using Preware or WebOSQuickInstall.
    And memboot your veer using uImage.veer_modified.
    I'm interested as well to know whether it works on veer, so please try this.
    Preemptive, mickydfo and eKeith like this.
    Nobody has confirmed that it works on veer, but I think the chances are high (with fix in #116).
    I've simplified installation instructions a little for you, enabled logging, included mentioned fix.
    So, you will need to create /media/internal/AndroidChroot directory on your veer, download veer.tar.gz and put it there.
    Then unpack it using command line terminal on veer (it will take 1.6G):
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/AndroidChroot
    tar --strip-components=1 -pzxvf veer.tar.gz
    Then install com.nizovn.androidchroot_1.0.0_veer.ipk using Preware or WebOSQuickInstall.
    And memboot your veer using uImage.veer_modified.
    I'm interested as well to know whether it works on veer, so please try this.
    Thanks ! Id be happy to try this out or any others anyone can batch up. I followed all steps correctly , but as to the last step , i keep getting the "error password required"
    the command im using novacom.exe boot mem:// < uImage.veer_modified. Am i using the wrong command.
    Remind you im using windows .
    I was able to get the command to run but the veer reboots back to web os .
    Now i tried the 2
    novacom boot mem:// < uImage.android does the chroot as its successfull but the reboots back to the rom/triangle
    & novacom boot mem:// < uImage.veer_modified reboots to webos
    am i missing something or is the the dead end testing that was expected.
    A clear picture of what i did with the files was i extracted the veer.tar.gz file to the media/internal/androidchroot directory
    installed the ipk file through quick install
    then accessed the recovery mode and imputing novacom.exe boot mem:// < uImage.veer_modified .
    results to rebooting to webos
    performed multiple times!
    I hope someone is atleast taking some time with this . seems great and a nice android project
  7.    #207  
    Yes, this looks like expected behavior. AndroidChroot is not exactly plain android, it's running android inside a card in webOS (similar to chroid and ACL).
    It's better idea than plain android because we don't have android drivers for pre3/etc (so calls, sms, gps, camera wouldn't work), but at the cost of greater cpu and memory usage.
    So this kernel should boot phone into webOS, and you can then launch android through the app (see #5 in the first post). You can also check out video (seems the forum got broken and it's not parsed in the first post, at the same time I can't add a simple link to it here :/ ):

PS. You might want to check that you have extracted files to "/media/internal/AndroidChroot", so it should be visible as "AndroidChoot" directory in the first level of mounted storage partition on PC.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011