Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    How did you manage to run AndroidChroot I have the same problem that you had!!! Please some help!!!
    Probably this is because android files are not properly installed. Could you show contents of AndroidChroot directory(by "ls -la")?, just to check file sizes. Were there any error messages during installation of android files?
    Also such behavior may occur on webOS stock kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Any update for the sound or any update (CM9 or anything else?).
    No updates here
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Probably this is because android files are not properly installed. Could you show contents of AndroidChroot directory(by "ls -la")?, just to check file sizes. Were there any error messages during installation of android files?
    Also such behavior may occur on webOS stock kernel.

No updates here
    I have installed the Uber Kernel and the proper file posted at the beginning of this post. I had no error message with the installation.

Later I'm going to post the photos you mentioned with the file sizes.

Thanks in advance!!!
    I am having trouble with getting this to work. I thought i followed the exact process to the T, but i missed something somewhere. This is what i did:
    I first webOS Dr my pre3 to stock 2.2.4 (i have developer device that was through AT&T if it makes a difference). I then downloaded all the files in this thread (root.tar.gz, data.tar.gz, system.tar.gz, image.Android and the uber kernel, files.sh). I put all the files in media/internal/AndroidFiles, i installed the Android chroot app first through webOSQI, then opened the Linux command line to run the files.sh script. It ran successfully without errors. I then downloaded gApps file and script and ran it. I then rebooted and tried the chroot app, it says the root.ext3 file isn't found. Any ideas?

Long time webOS user from back in the day, had to start running rooted Android 4 years ago, but i miss webOS and recently got a touchpad (running dual boot webOS and Android).. I just wish i could get this Android setup running on my pre3.

Thanks for your help
    sj

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I too have android via cyanogen on TP but never got anything to go on my beloved Pre3... now using the only PKB phone out there ...BlackBerry Priv (had a Passport but BlackBerry abandoned the bb10 OS... sound familiar?), but would return to the Pre3 in a ny minute were there a viable solution... would need to be an updatable android that runs everything to get me there... will follow with interest to see if you're successful...

BTW, riversharks are gone though obviously not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I am having trouble with getting this to work. I thought i followed the exact process to the T, but i missed something somewhere. This is what i did:
    I first webOS Dr my pre3 to stock 2.2.4 (i have developer device that was through AT&T if it makes a difference). I then downloaded all the files in this thread (root.tar.gz, data.tar.gz, system.tar.gz, image.Android and the uber kernel, files.sh). I put all the files in media/internal/AndroidFiles, i installed the Android chroot app first through webOSQI, then opened the Linux command line to run the files.sh script. It ran successfully without errors. I then downloaded gApps file and script and ran it. I then rebooted and tried the chroot app, it says the root.ext3 file isn't found. Any ideas?

Long time webOS user from back in the day, had to start running rooted Android 4 years ago, but i miss webOS and recently got a touchpad (running dual boot webOS and Android).. I just wish i could get this Android setup running on my pre3.

Thanks for your help
    sj

sjsharksfan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I too have android via cyanogen on TP but never got anything to go on my beloved Pre3... now using the only PKB phone out there ...BlackBerry Priv (had a Passport but BlackBerry abandoned the bb10 OS... sound familiar?), but would return to the Pre3 in a ny minute were there a viable solution... would need to be an updatable android that runs everything to get me there... will follow with interest to see if you're successful...

BTW, riversharks are gone though obviously not forgotten...
    oh HP, how you kill just about everything you touch.. I was devastated the day Palm announced they were bought by HP.. It was a sad sad day.. :/

I will continue to peck away trying to get the chroot to work and run android successfully. I might even start over from scratch again to see if it helps. I will keep you posted.

sj

Rnp and Mutoidi like this.
  6.    #186  
    You should put all files in /media/internal/AndroidChroot directory, and manually create also /media/internal/AndroidChroot/sdcard and /media/internal/AndroidChroot/root directories.

Also seems you forgot to memboot the pre3 with android kernel, see 3.(you will be able to make a dual-boot setup, if the app satisfies you).
    Ah, yes, this is what i needed, I'll try to fix ASAP and post back thanks for the reply, it's too often when i come across dead threads, I'm glad this one is still alive and kickin
    sj

MudShark22 likes this.
    I'm done with work stuffs in an hour and a half, i can't wait till i get my pre3 in my hand to fix the Android install

I was also curious, how difficult would it be to get a more updated version of cyanogenmod working (or is cm7 the latest that this device will run due to hardware limitations)

sj

dkirker likes this.
    You should put all files in /media/internal/AndroidChroot directory, and manually create also /media/internal/AndroidChroot/sdcard and /media/internal/AndroidChroot/root directories.

Also seems you forgot to memboot the pre3 with android kernel, see 3.(you will be able to make a dual-boot setup, if the app satisfies you).
    So, I'm home early!! Woot woot! So i created the AndroidChroot directory in media/internal, i also created the sdcard folder in that directory as well, i moved all the files into the media/internal/AndroidChroot folder. I have my pre3 in recovery mode, plugged into PC, PC recognizes the device no problem. I forget how to get to the pre directory in cmd prompt. Once i get to the pre, I'll be able to navigate but i just forget how to change to the pre.. (I can't run the command to install kernel from webOSQI Linux commandline?)

sj

10.    #190  
    I tried to run cm9 long time ago, and some work definitely needs to be done. They changed code responsible for graphics, so I had android drawing into wrong framebuffer. I think it's possible to port it, but for sure it will demand more memory and probably will be slower.
    Have no clues about cm10 and newer, but most likely they require hw acceleration.

Ah, maybe I was not clear, you don't need uImage.android to be on pre3. It should be in the directory containing novacom (on PC). You will then be able to execute command to memboot this kernel.(the command should be executed in PC shell).

It's just sitting for 3 mins, should this part not take too long?

sj

12.    #192  
    no, novacom should be run from PC shell (not from "webos-device"), just in cmd.ex e.
    no, novacom should be run from PC shell (not from "webos-device"), just in cmd.ex e.
    Thank you, so when i put pre in recovery and connect to PC, when i open cmd prompt, how do i change the directory to pre, or do i just run the novacom boot mem:// <image.android command just from the c prompt?

14.    #194  
    Thank you, so when i put pre in recovery and connect to PC, when i open cmd prompt, how do i change the directory to pre, or do i just run the novacom boot mem:// <image.android command just from the c prompt?

right, just run "novacom ..." in pc shell, from directory containing novacom.exe, and uImage.android also should be in that directory.
    right, just run "novacom ..." in pc shell, from directory containing novacom.exe, and uImage.android also should be in that directory.
    :/ I'm not sure the exact process.. :/

16.    #196  
    :/ I'm not sure the exact process.. :/

I'm not on windows, so don't know exact path. Maybe Memboot - WebOS Internals will be helpful.
    I'm not on windows, so don't know exact path. Maybe Memboot - WebOS Internals will be helpful.
    Thanks, I'll take a look, it's the part where i need to go from the CD: prompt to the palm directory in the cmd window.. That's what i need to figure out

(Maybe at c prompt i type novacom by itself first?)

sj

Last edited by sjsharksfan; 05/10/2016 at 04:26 PM.
    Not having any luck, i even tried dragging the webOS device from my device list (while in recovery mode) to the cmd prompt and it asks "open device with cmd prompt" but doesn't open.. :/

I'm super bummed, i am only 1 step away from getting this to work.

I have a webOS Dr for pre3 - 2.2.4, so i can extract anything needed from there, but i have a feeling that all i need to do is figure out how to change directories to the webOS device within the cmd prompt, and I'll be able to run the kernel installation and run Android on the device..

fingers crossed i find it..

sj

Last edited by sjsharksfan; 05/10/2016 at 07:16 PM.
    Well, i have figured it out! It turns out, novacom is not compatible with Windows 10.. webOS Dr functions fine, it's just if i wanted to run a novacom command prompt (like in the exact circumstance i am in) it will force close.. :/

So, since that's the case, there is no way at all i can install the kernel with a script through webOSQI? And if so, any chance you'd be able to help me with that?

sj

Does win10 have that compatibility mode feature? Maybe you could run what you need as if it's winXP or something?

Alternatively, maybe you can stick a Linux disc in your optical drive, boot to a Linux distro and do it from there.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast