Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So I picked up a couple of used 32GB Touchpads. Both were stuck at the setup screen waiting for WiFi to find a network. They would just continually scan.

So I bypassed the setup, neither WiFi or Bluetooth will turn on. I tried a few fixes I found on the internet with no luck. Enable then Disable Airplane mode, Leave it running trying to turn on BT and WiFi overnight on a charger. I rolled it back to 3.0.0 then back up to 3.0.5 one by one with the same results.

I decided to go ahead and try CWM and see what happens. WiFi and Bluetooth work perfectly in CM9 and CM10??!!?? Not a single issue. So I went back to WebOS and since I don't have WiFi I used WOSQI to install Uberkernel and Govnah, thinking maybe a new kernel would fix it. The same results as before.

For the life of me I am stuck. Sure Android works perfect but I would still like to figure out where the problem is.

I have done tons of searching on the web and the closest I have come is a douchy posts saying he knows how to fix it, but won't tell because he be l33t and we mere mortals are not worthy.

Anybody have any ideas?
    Did you try a secure erase and then a fresh doctor to 3.0.5?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Did you try a secure erase and then a fresh doctor to 3.0.5?

Yeah it's almost like some of the files aren't being overwritten. I am trying the old 3.0.0 manual downgrade now to see if that does anything.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Manual to 3.0.0 and debrick didn't fix it.
    If it were me I would log into webOS, do a Secure Full Erase and then doctor to 3.0.5. That blanks everything out back to stock.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Do any of the utils or Doctors out there try to flash the radios? Maybe the previous owner did something like that and killed some of the comms? /wag
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    If it were me I would log into webOS, do a Secure Full Erase and then doctor to 3.0.5. That blanks everything out back to stock.
    I did that then the manual rebuild back to 3.0.0, rolled to 3.0.5, then again but straight to 3.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Do any of the utils or Doctors out there try to flash the radios? Maybe the previous owner did something like that and killed some of the comms? /wag
    I was wondering that myself but so far none I can find. And it is a more common issue if you dig around. Some it was right out of the box, others the wifi quit after a factory reset. I think a lot of people get it confused with some of the wifi issues in CM version.

I have been searching for ways to flash the Atheros chip through Novacom but no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by kairnage View Post
    I did that then the manual rebuild back to 3.0.0, rolled to 3.0.5, then again but straight to 3.0.5

When you rolled back to 3.0.0, was wifi working then and then it broke again when you went back to 3.0.5?

btw i remember seing a patch in preware for fixing touchpad wifi. not sure if it is for this problem though.
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    When you rolled back to 3.0.0, was wifi working then and then it broke again when you went back to 3.0.5?

btw i remember seing a patch in preware for fixing touchpad wifi. not sure if it is for this problem though.
    Nah the patch just rolls the Touchpad wifi back to 3.0.4's version. It helped my TP stay connected to my Wifi at home more consistently but something tells me it won't make wifi come to life.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 10/01/2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: can't type
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So far nothing has worked. I have backed up the working tokens from another Touchpad and replaced them and still not working.

I know the problem is in there somewhere because when I flash any version and let it boot I can go into novaterm and do and if config and get eth0 and a mac. But under the tokens the WiFi and BT mac is 00:00:00:00:00:00 and there is no WiFi at all under iwconfig. I change the mac in eth0 but it doesn't affect the WiFi token.

I have even tried mounting the good tokens to no result.
    If you can find a broken TP on the cheap you could use the guides here HP TouchPad Repair - iFixit to swap out the parts to make it work...I'm afraid without functioning tech support or warranties that you might be out of luck at this point.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I used to fix people's Wi-Fi tokens over Skype...

It seems to happen to demo TPs, IIRC.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I used to fix people's Wi-Fi tokens over Skype...

It seems to happen to demo TPs, IIRC.

What's the method? I have deleted the tokens, replaced them with good from other TPs. Nothing seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kairnage View Post
    What's the method? I have deleted the tokens, replaced them with good from other TPs. Nothing seems to work.
    I have the exact same problem only reversed. WebOS works fine but no version of Android will get past the "Turning WiFi on" screen. I miss being able to dual boot.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Hess View Post
    I have the exact same problem only reversed. WebOS works fine but no version of Android will get past the "Turning WiFi on" screen. I miss being able to dual boot.
    When you say no version you have tried going from 10 acmeuninstall, then back to 9? I had a similar issue but going back to 9 fixed it. Now I pretty much only use the jcsullins releases.

As far as my issue all we have heard is some brag and no fact for a solution.
    I'm facing the same problem. I've tried all the versions of android. I've moved from webos 3.05 to 3.00 and then went back to 3.05. NO way. android still stucking on turning on WIFI. I tought my touchpad was bricked so I used several time guide how to completely fix a Bricked Touch Pad. No way.

(to proper forum)
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I am also having problems with WiFi. I just tried to install Android KitKat with three different ROMs and GApps and recoveries. Same problem each time, installation goes fine, but when I am trying to set it up, WiFi just says "Turning WiFi on..."

If I boot into WebOS, it can detect the the networks just fine, though I am not able to activate the tablet as the servers are no longer there to connect to.

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?

Thanks,

S
    So you are saying you can't connect to wifi using Android? Can't help you there... unless... I think there maybe certain frequencies or channels preferred by the tablet - can't remember the numbers. Maybe you need to set your router to a friendlier channel?

As for webOS, here is how to bypass activation: https://pivotce.com/2015/06/24/tip-h...ss-activation/
    Also: https://pivotce.com/2014/10/21/guide...n-2014-part-1/

The links below maybe useful too.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    It doesn't even show my wifi network, just says "turning wifi on..."

I tried three different versions of kitkat, one version of lollipop and just loaded jellybean and all give me the same error: "turning wifi on..." It never gets past that.

Weird thing is bluetooth works fine and can detect other bluetooth devices but no luck with wifi.

When my touchpad was running webos, it had no problem connecting to my router and no changes have been made to the router, all that changed was I did a wipe of the touchpad as was recommended. Hopefully I can at least get webos working again.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast