Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By fatclue_98
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I just got a new Verizon pre 2 that I updated to 2.2.4 and have paired it with my Touchpad(under webos). Text messaging from the TP works. I also have my TP setup with CM10.1 and was wondering if there is an equivalent solution for android. I haven't been able to find an app that offers MAP support on android.

(to proper forum)
    Quote Originally Posted by the3rdlevel View Post
    Hi all,
    I just got a new Verizon pre 2 that I updated to 2.2.4 and have paired it with my Touchpad(under webos). Text messaging from the TP works. I also have my TP setup with CM10.1 and was wondering if there is an equivalent solution for android. I haven't been able to find an app that offers MAP support on android.
    I have never seen this functionality with any other device/tablet pair...

webOS was ahead of it's time and still is ahead of it's time...

SMS sharing is only used with webOS (iOS has iMessage but they go thru Apple's interface and only if the devices are on a shared Apple profile via iCloud), Android I have have not played enough with two Android devices, but I have not been able to do it...

I would love to know if someone got this to work Android to Android, or webOS to Android, etc...

Also the ability to call from my Touchpad thru the phone via Bluetooth is awesome...
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post

SMS sharing is only used with webOS (iOS has iMessage but they go thru Apple's interface and only if the devices are on a shared Apple profile via iCloud), Android I have have not played enough with two Android devices, but I have not been able to do it...

I would love to know if someone got this to work Android to Android, or webOS to Android, etc...

Also the ability to call from my Touchpad thru the phone via Bluetooth is awesome...
    The app to use for that on Android is MightyText. I've used it for a while now. Not only can you send and receive text messages from your Android tablet but they have a Chrome plugin that shows your messages on your PC and they have a website too. MightyText | SMS From Computer or Tablet And it's all free without ads. No other OS integration that I know of though.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post

Android to Android can be done through TexTab.
    Rnp likes this.