Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    Ok here is the problem. I was running CM10 on me TP for 2or 3 months with absolutely no problem. Booting between WebOS 3.0.5 and CM10 (occasionaly) and wifi always worked. Sometime back at the beginning of July it just stopped working under CM10 WebOS still works fine. I have doctored and wiped Android at least three times and still nothing works. The devs on the Rotzwiki have not been able to help.

Can anyone think of a reason this would happen? Differing wifi chips, WebOS Doctor killing android installs? I reaching out for anything here.

Thanks.
    I find mine does that every once in awhile. I usually go into Settings/Wifi and just hit the refresh button. A minor PITA, but it works.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    When I go to settings I see that the wifi just keeps trying to "see" the wireless networks. It never shows any networks.
    dies every time on reboot?, or are you talking about 1 of the long standing (sometimes fixed/sometimes not) bugs that caused wifi to die/malfunction after the device was woken up after sleep/screen off?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Remy X likes this.
    I think this is "normal".. I've seen it on a Nexus7

(to proper forum)
  7.    #7  
    @geekpeter, Ther is absolutely no connection at all from the instant after flashing the rom. I've tried multiple reboots letting it sit for hours on the connecting wifi message and I have not had any luck with a wifi connection. If I boot into WebOS I have an instant connect to my network and I can "see" at least 10 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Hess View Post
    @geekpeter, Ther is absolutely no connection at all from the instant after flashing the rom. I've tried multiple reboots letting it sit for hours on the connecting wifi message and I have not had any luck with a wifi connection. If I boot into WebOS I have an instant connect to my network and I can "see" at least 10 more.
    do you know which particular CM release/build you used for android?

ive used the followign on 4 touchpads now and havent had any issues, as such ive not "upgraded" to newer ones as im a firm believer of if it aint broke or peeving me off, then leave it.

Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
    ^ CM10 that works for my 2 touchpads and my sister/bro-in-law's touchpads, mines fine, and neither of them has reported any game breaking issues, and their both diehard mobile nutters and use them all over the house.

my main touchpad has that release of CM10, native Ubuntu13, and webOS, wifi works perfectly in all 3.

if you re-install your own version or another, remember to clean up/wipe all caches/etc from clockworkmod rather than installing over the top right away.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<