Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I have CM9 installed on my touchpad and a ton of webos apps and android apps installed. My device is 95% full. If I delete apps on the webos side will this free up memory on the cm9 side? Or are they completely separate?
    if you remove webOS apps then you free space only on the "SD-Card" part of CM9 as CM treats the webOS side as the sd-card.

If your android apps are on the android system partition then there will be no change, only android stuff you have "moved to sdcard" will use the webOS partition space, so if you have android stuff that will move to sdcard then yes deleting webOS apps will help, if they are apps that cant move to sdcard then freeing more space will be of no use.

Also some apps keep their main program/app on system and only move data to the sdcard, if system space if your limit, you could free some space on webOS and have the "Tailor" app resize the android system partition which can help considerably in some cases.

EDIT: heres a link to tailor if needed - Tailor (On-Device Live Partition and Filesystem Editor) Beta Testing

attached a quick snap of tailor running on 1 of my touchpads with android/Cm10 on it, i think its 1 of the ones i altered/increased the small partitions into slightly larger ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/01/2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm64 View Post
    Hi,
    I have CM9 installed on my touchpad and a ton of webos apps and android apps installed. My device is 95% full. If I delete apps on the webos side will this free up memory on the cm9 side? Or are they completely separate?
    Depends on the apps, if in CM9 you have moved apps to SDCARD then they share the partition with webOS...

But when you created CM9 the installer, created a partition this is where your apps are stored by default, you can move them to the SDCARD (another partition), So if you need more room in the default partition you can grow the partition (very techie), or you can delete apps on webOS moving apps from the default CM9 partition to the shared partition.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Reminder, that too many apps (I think 50+) on the SD Card on CM9 will cause it to release the SD Card upon boot.

I'm not sure if this was fixed on later CM9 releases, but one way to balance is to put your largest apps onto the SD Card first.