1.    #1  
    I havent touched my TouchPad in a while so I want to install Android to try it out, hoping you guys can help me out with a few questions,

1. I would like to return my TouchPad to factory status and start all over, get rid of all my apps, internalz, etc.
    what is the proper way to do so?

2. Which Android port is preferred, CM9 or 10? I want something stable with good performance and battery life. Is the Play store available with both versions?

3. Do I need to back up my paid apps before I wipe everything?

Thanks guys! I know this has probably been asked before but I am out of practice and want to make sure I dont do anything to damage my TouchPad before I begin.
    Yes. It can flash hp touchpad webos version back to touchpad andriod version(Not a joke). Hp had developed running andriod 2.2.1/2.3.3/2.3.4(3G) on touchpad and 2.2.1/2.3.3 on touchpadgo in 2011..
    I got some documents from HP..."How to flash webos image with andriod on topaz" "Instructions for setting up your downloard environment" "Flash Andriod to webos"..
    Need to find some HP tools and Images from HP network (wiki palm.com or phoenix.com but are closed already). Need to look for:
    1. Novacominstaller x86 (easy).
    2. DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade).
    3. NDI (Nova Device Installer)
    4. Fastboot (Andriod ADB. Andriod image.A6 or A6_1 image. )
    5. Flash.bat (flash partition/userdata/system/aboot/rpm/sb11/sb12/sb13/tz/modem/boot/....etc)
    6. OPST 2.7.365 or latest version (Emergency use).

So must prepare all tools and file in the environment:
    DFU utility and bootie binary (boot.bin,boot-topaz.bin ot boot-opal.bin)
    Fastboot: ADB tool.Andriod images and a batch file for fastboot flash.
    Emergency Downloard:files for emergency downloard.
    Webos: Topaz and Opal webos images.

And can do
    1. From Andriod to Webos
    2. From Webos to Webos
    3. From Webos to Andriod
    4. From Andriod to Andriod

It just use for Andriod 2.2.X or 2.3.X. Not for CM9 or CM 10......
    If you end up putting CM9 on your device there is a front page article showing the steps.

How to install CyanogenMod 9 Android on your TouchPad | webOS Nation

For CM10, just search this forum for info
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you end up putting CM9 on your device there is a front page article showing the steps.

How to install CyanogenMod 9 Android on your TouchPad | webOS Nation

For CM10, just search this forum for info

Hi HelloNNNewman, thanks for the reply.

I searched on the forum but am unable to find a clear answer to how to reset my touchpad. If I want to wipe all my data, patches, preware, internalz, etc... what is the way to go about this?

I have never used webOS Doctor before and all the threads on it I see referring to removing Android or trying to recover the touchpad from a failed/frozen status. My touchpad works find, version 3.0.5, I just want to start fresh so I can relearn all the specifics before I get into Android.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Go to the Settings Page and launch the Device Info app. Then tap the big red button called Reset Options.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I too am looking to install Android dual boot to my Touchpad. There seems to be so many ROMs available. Can someone point me in the right direction as to the most up to date and stable Android build?

I see that some have Wifi, bluetooth, camera and sound problems. Bluetooth and the camera are not that big of a deal (but would be good if working), but WIFI and sound are important.

Also I have read issues where if the battery dies completely the Touchpad will not boot again. I have read that if you leave it plugged in for an hour or so it will boot again. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Evans1; 06/25/2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Evans1 View Post
    most up to date and stable
    Are you really think this attributes go hand in hand?

If you want stable roms get official cm9, if you want up-to-date get unofficial cm10 from jscullins!
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    I havent touched my TouchPad in a while so I want to install Android to try it out, hoping you guys can help me out with a few questions,

1. I would like to return my TouchPad to factory status and start all over, get rid of all my apps, internalz, etc.
    what is the proper way to do so?

2. Which Android port is preferred, CM9 or 10? I want something stable with good performance and battery life. Is the Play store available with both versions?

3. Do I need to back up my paid apps before I wipe everything?

Thanks guys! I know this has probably been asked before but I am out of practice and want to make sure I dont do anything to damage my TouchPad before I begin.

I started with rom CM9 alpha2 over a year ago and then switched to the "nightly" CM9 roms few months later. Presently they're about as stable as it's going to get since all the development is focused on CM10 now. This is the thread I follow from time to time for updates and flash updated nightlies when they seem worth upgrading to. Most of the bugs seem to be with individual units so you just need to try it out and hope you don't experience any problems.
    [ROM] Official CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Build Discussion - CyanogenMod [HP Touchpad] - RootzWiki

Unfortunatly the OP is out of date some of the links are dead, but most are still relevant. Reverend Kyle and RolandDeschain79 have pretty detailed how-to on youtube.
    :Edit:
    RolandDeschain79's CM10 install guide will work for CM9, you just need to differ which files you load in step 3.
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31548-rom...-edited-62113/

To answer your questions.
    1) I still have my original WebOS partition that I boot to from time to time. I haven't tried to restore to stock, but the WebOSDoctor is supposed to do a complete wipe of the tablet.
    2) I haven't tried CM10 out but I'm happy with CM9. Adobe Flash isn't not supported for CM10 so I'm somewhat leary upgrading to it. Stability has only been an issue with particular apps, not with the rom. Battery life is close to webos, but probably can be just as good if I disable all the background apps I use in android. The Play Store is part of the google apps package or "gapps" - just make sure you are using the right gapps version for your rom.
    3)Paid apps should be associated with your webos account so you should not need to worry about them. The data thats in them may need to be exported or backed up if you plan on doing a full wipe, but otherwise will remain accessable in android on the virtual "sdcard" directory.

Few cavets:
    Make sure to avoid ACMEInstaller2 and use ACMEInstaller3 in all cases. 3 makes larger partition sizes to fit CM10 but wasn't out when I installed CM9. Because of that I need to wipe CM9 so I can repartition sizes to fit CM10 instead of simple installing one over the other.
    Additionally there's a power bug fix involving reflashing the HP Touchpad A6 firmware.
    Last edited by tweak42; 06/29/2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Evans1 View Post
    I too am looking to install Android dual boot to my Touchpad. There seems to be so many ROMs available. Can someone point me in the right direction as to the most up to date and stable Android build?

I see that some have Wifi, bluetooth, camera and sound problems. Bluetooth and the camera are not that big of a deal (but would be good if working), but WIFI and sound are important.

Also I have read issues where if the battery dies completely the Touchpad will not boot again. I have read that if you leave it plugged in for an hour or so it will boot again. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.

^ links on 1 of my older posts on CM10 seemingly still work, its a version of Cm10 i loaded on my bro in law and sisters touchpads i got them last christmas, both still work, neither one has reported anything "bad" or weird happening so ive not updated them to a newer build, and likely wont until 1 says their having issues.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<