Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chandra2012
  1.    #1  
    Hi ya'll

I had my touchpad stolen so I bought a new one (it still is about the best one on the market under $125 IMHO

The prior user installed some form of android, then stripped out most everything to get rid of their info/data.

What I'd like to do is return to factory new state, remove android and if possible any/all of their partitions or other screw ups, then start anew.

I can easily take a wiped touchpad to where I want it to be but I'd like to know whats the best way to totally wipe whatever this previous owner did with android and partitions.

Edit- FYI Web-OS is cleaned up I think and preware is loaded w/ patches. So the only questions is how can I check/delete any old particions then which upgrade procedure should I do to go from unknown to the newest android

Thanks!!!!!!

Chris
    Last edited by chrishw; 05/03/2013 at 01:08 PM.
    I believe that if you run webOS 3.0.0 Doctor it would restore your partitions to "standard" and remove any customizations
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I believe that if you run webOS 3.0.0 Doctor it would restore your partitions to "standard" and remove any customizations
    humm... I ran the 3.0.5 and still have that boot menu and a old version of android.

I see that there is a preware program that removes android and partition but also the new version of the boot manager updates the partitions.

If I can safely just update the to CM10 following the instructions in "Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad" by updating the boot manager (which expands the partition I believe) then delete the current cm9 I probably will be in good shape?
  4.    #4  
    I guess this is exactly what I need to do-

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Don't do it. You need to uninstall CM9 first because partition sizes are different. Jellybean is bigger so the system partition size is larger.

Uninstalling CM9 is simple. Use the remove tool in preware then delete the android partitions using tailor. Last resize your remaining partion to use all of the space using tailor. Now you're readyt o install CM10.
    now I just need to find the remove tool and figure out what partition to delete using taylor!
    I think better to follow 'ACMEUninstaller' procedure which will completely wipe out the android install, format and clear out all addl partitions created to install android. The WebOS doctor may be then run to roll back to factory default or so .

Thx
    RumoredNow likes this.
    humm... I ran the 3.0.5 and still have that boot menu and a old version of android.

I see that there is a preware program that removes android and partition but also the new version of the boot manager updates the partitions.

If I can safely just update the to CM10 following the instructions in "Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad" by updating the boot manager (which expands the partition I believe) then delete the current cm9 I probably will be in good shape?
    I said 3.0.0, NOT 3.0.5! 3.0.0 should restore it from what I read around here and other places, afterwards you can upgrade to 3.0.5!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2