For at least the past month or so, when I leave my dual-booted TouchPad on ICS, I've sometimes picked it up to surf or play a game and when I try to unlock the home screen it won't respond to my finger swipes. The screen is still active as the live wallpaper is moving nicely, as is the clock; I just can't unlock the screen. It's very unnerving to say the least because nothing seems to work. When I hold down the power button for a couple of seconds I get the boot menu but unlike the startup multi-boot menu, using the volume rocker does not do anything except adjust the volume and ultimately I must do a forced shutdown by pressing the power and home buttons for 10 seconds.

This locked (but not frozen) screen usually happens if I leave the TP lying around for an hour or more on standby. I might be in the middle of Real Racing 3 or some other game and I hate to have to power down and power up as it's a waste of time.

I usually just use the TP to play a few games or surf. I know JB is available but I'm not too keen on scrapping my ICS and all the installed apps to install the newer version. For me it's more hassle than it's worth.

Background:
I'm running Android 4.0.4, Kernel 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin from May 7, 2012.
CyanogenMod V-9.0.0-RC0 tenderloin unofficial

Anyone else experience this issue? Is there a known problem with this kernel version? If I'm not mistaken, this was the last nightly build release and the repository hasn't been updated since then.