1.    #1  
    Hi All,

So I installed CM10 on my HP touchpad. Everything is working pretty good and I am very happy.
    What I am confused about and can't seem to find the answer, what are the steps in installing the
    latest build. They seem to come out about once a month, i'm guessing same steps as when I first installed it but
    wanted to confirm since cm 10 is already installed.

Thanks for your help in advance.....
    IIRC CyanogenMod has a built in updater in the settings. You have to change it to something other than stable for it to automatically update. You should be able to download .zip ROMs, then reboot to recovery through the bootloader (momentarily forgetting what it's called). Install the ZIP from recovery. Note Android recovery and webOS recovery are completely different. Android recovery is interactive, while the webOS recovery is not.
    If cm10 is already installed then you would only need flash any updates to the cm10 build. So basically download the latest cm update and boot into CWM or TWRP then perform a 'Cache wipe and Dalvik cache wipe' then flash the update.

To make things easier i use 'Goo Manager' (from play store) it just keeps everything organised by checking what rom you are currently running and will tell you when any updates to the rom is available and will ask if you want to download said update. You can flash the zip/update from within goo manager (it will boot to recovery) and it will even perform the Cache/Dalvic wipe for you if you select the option

Edit: just saw Gmman has posted basically much of the same idea which has the update feature built into cm10, that makes life easier
    Last edited by con500; 03/07/2013 at 12:54 PM.
    as far as I can tell, CM10 has not been made official yet. CyanogenMod is still in CM9 nightly. those are the only builds you can get from them (CyanogenMod Downloads) You'll have to go to the thread where you downloaded CM10, if that's what you have, and get the latest builds/updates from there.

The place where you got CM10 should have all the instructions needed to install the latest build/update.

There seem to be promising things happening over on XDA where I've been lately, lurking about. I am getting ready to uninstall android and use the new acmeinstaller3 because it seems that CM10 needs different partitioning space if I'm understanding correctly, I need to read a bit more. I've been brushing up on my install/uninstall process so it can be smooth and hiccup free hopefully.

so yeah, essentially what the others have stated also...

I hope that was at least a bit helpful.

kevin

(to proper forum)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    as far as I can tell, CM10 has not been made official yet. CyanogenMod is still in CM9 nightly. those are the only builds you can get from them (CyanogenMod Downloads) You'll have to go to the thread where you downloaded CM10, if that's what you have, and get the latest builds/updates from there.

The place where you got CM10 should have all the instructions needed to install the latest build/update.

There seem to be promising things happening over on XDA where I've been lately, lurking about. I am getting ready to uninstall android and use the new acmeinstaller3 because it seems that CM10 needs different partitioning space if I'm understanding correctly, I need to read a bit more. I've been brushing up on my install/uninstall process so it can be smooth and hiccup free hopefully.

so yeah, essentially what the others have stated also...

I hope that was at least a bit helpful.

kevin

i used tailor and just tripled the default partition sizes as they looked far too small.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<