webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Weak Wifi on New 32gb Touchpad
Weak Wifi on New 32gb Touchpad

Old 02/24/2013, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have owned a 16gb model since the fire sale and just picked up a 32gb (refurb) from w00t! recently. After installing a recent CM9 nightly on the new 32gb (same nightly as the 16gb is running) it seems the wifi connection is very weak compared to the 16gb. Have I forgotten a certain patch or upgrade or is the wifi antenna shot in my new tablet? Any input would be much appreciated!
hopper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

The only thing I can suggest is wipe all the CM stuff (including partitions) and doctor... maybe something got botched. I have an older CM nightly on two 16 gigs and a 32 gig, they all work fine for us as far as WiFi is concerned in both webOS and CM.

Is WiFi bad in only one OS or both? Before wiping anything have you tried power cycling router and modem?
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wifi reception seems stronger in OS but don't have an android app like wifi analyzer to get details. Did an acme uninstall tonight followed by a reinstall of the latest nightly with no improvement. Will try wipe and doctor within the next couple nights and post an update.
Old 02/26/2013, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

It seems less relevant in your case, but what channel does your router run on?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
It seems less relevant in your case, but what channel does your router run on?
I already tried switching channels, thanks for the suggestion though.

Tags
wifi touchpad 32gb

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0