webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > HP Touchpad Drivers???
HP Touchpad Drivers???
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan

Old 02/15/2013, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi people! I've recently successfully installed CM9 into my Touchpad and it works like a charm, but when i try to plug it back into my computer, the computer and the tablet seem to not recognize eachother and i am wondering if i may need a new driver for it and/or my computer... Which do i need, where can i find it, and are there any other possible solution?
n00bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

It depends... USB Drive mode should work fine, if you activate it. If you want to use ADB, you'll have to install Android SDK drivers.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

check settings then developer options, then make sure "usb debugging" is enabled and "usb debugging notify", if it works, when you plug in your cable you will see a new icon appear on the notification bar, tap it and it will likely be told it requires you to tap the icon to popup a window which will allow you to turn ON/OFF usb mode, or it will just work the second you see the new icon appear.
Old 02/16/2013, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
check settings then developer options, then make sure "usb debugging" is enabled and "usb debugging notify", if it works, when you plug in your cable you will see a new icon appear on the notification bar, tap it and it will likely be told it requires you to tap the icon to popup a window which will allow you to turn ON/OFF usb mode, or it will just work the second you see the new icon appear.
I have it under a MTP connection and i plugged it into my computer, but thereis no reaction.
there is also something that may be the problem... i got rid of the software that i used to get the android os ion the tablet, should i get it back and if so, which software??
Old 02/16/2013, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Try switching to USB Drive mode. From my experience MTP is crap, even on official Android devices. The file listings don't refresh once you've loaded them, and you can't work directly off of MTP.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Old 02/17/2013, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Try switching to USB Drive mode. From my experience MTP is crap, even on official Android devices. The file listings don't refresh once you've loaded them, and you can't work directly off of MTP.
qft, never had any luck with that either.
Old 02/17/2013, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
How would i get it into USB drive mode? i tried switching over to the webos and plugged it into the computer, but there was no response on both the tablet and the computer. i also tried forcing it into usb mode with no luck.
Old 02/17/2013, 10:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well, if you can't connect when you're in webOS, you've got a problem.
Old 02/21/2013, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, if you can't connect when you're in webOS, you've got a problem.
yep.......In which case, does anyone know where i could get an HP Touchpad to Windows 7 driver??
Old 02/21/2013, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Getting to the media partition do not require additional drivers. Using Novacom does. Using Novacom is not the same thing as using the device for a USB storage device.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0