Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree21Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Not aborted, per se. Think NIN is the only one with real experience here and he's still grinding away. Just checked in on the thread on the .ru forums last night. His focus is still on the carded version of Android.

As for me, that pesky job that pays my rent has been keeping me too busy elsewhere. The fellow who had pinged the Android for Pre thread never responded by thread or PM. Really would help if someone with solid Android ROM experience and knowledge of the webOS architecture were interested.
    I love the pre3 and would be happy with it completely were there to be a means of viewing my web enabled security cameras ...sadly, nobody has done that while I use cm9 on my touchpad which does that with aplomb ...why, oh why isn't perfection handed to me on a silver platter ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    As for me, that pesky job that pays my rent has been keeping me too busy elsewhere. The fellow who had pinged the Android for Pre thread never responded by thread or PM. Really would help if someone with solid Android ROM experience and knowledge of the webOS architecture were interested.
    I'm busy too now, even can't work on carded version. I found page on webos-internals which maybe have idea how to get touchscreen data without writing lowlevel driver.
    Hidd - WebOS Internals
    Hope someone with free time will look on it to start webos hidd from android and will write driver to pass its data to /dev/uinput.
    I realy would like to see android on my Pre 3 :-/
    bahram likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AshHaushaltswaren View Post
    I realy would like to see android on my Pre 3 :-/
    Me too, but tbh, I don't see it happening...
    ACK! or maybe Im using HP touchpad images that just wont boot here..usb0 isnt coming up for the usbnet stuff.

Will try this.
    Im damn good at hacking hardware, and this is based loosely on MAPLE from LEAFLABS, so if you understand ARM-EABI micro C/ASM or 'arduino language' coding for this should be a cakewalk. HP failed where open computing took off.

Yeah, we should be using bootie/moboot. Agreed. Lets merge sources where we can.That is the biggest hassle in open source is 50 different source trees. Lets fork off of cyanogens work and produce a loader that works(seems to be the issue). Cyanogen isnt the issue, nor is droid. Its a matter of drivers(as has been said) for the micro hardware and bootloaders. Then we can merge back with changes into cyanogen's tree and support MORE devices.

Moboot can be installed but for some reason on PRE2 using webOS 2.0.0 I cant seem to kickstart anything other than webOS. Should look into this. What I can do is mem:// boot images. So far none work and I get kicked out of novaterm when booting them, and from what Im reading that is not supposed to happen. Also the device loads the HP/PALM screen at that stage and hangs, locking me out of debugging ports. A battery-out is needed for reset.

For what its worth, I have unlocked(factory) PRE2. The one on the webOS list on the bottom.OS reports v2.0.0. USA model.
    Last edited by Richard Jasmin; 04/10/2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: more info
    ] device_command_rx:489: got request: verb 'boot', url 'mem://', argc 0
    parse_uimage:229: uimage 0x84000000
    section len 3524304
    section len 144108
    section len 0
    section_start 0x8400004c
    parse_uimage:229: uimage 0x8400004c
    section_start 0x8400004c
    section_start 0x8435c71c
    parse_uimage:229: uimage 0x8435c71c
    section_start 0x8435c71c
    section_start 0x8437fa08
    Board REV0
    HWoRev: A

Wed Apr 10 20:37:42 2013
    novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server

when running as directed in post #50 something.

I get PALM screen and get locked out. When I use usbnet, I get RED PALM screen. No code flys by. system hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jasmin View Post
    For what its worth, I have unlocked(factory) PRE2. The one on the webOS list on the bottom.OS reports v2.0.0. USA model.
    As far as I know, pre2 already has working android:Android on palm pre2, I success.
    To sum up, you should download files from androidonpalmpre2 and follow these instructions:TryAndroidNowForEnglish - android-on-pre - Android on Palm Pre - Google Project Hosting
    Here is cy8ctma395.fw from touchpadgo (Opal). It should use for Pre 3..............Cypress TP.rar_
    I wannit onmy pre3 !!
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I wannit onmy pre3 !!
    Yesterday from NIN via webos-forums.ru:

Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru (translated)
    I do not know how you feel, but I just like yesterday, finished with pre3. However, there are some issues with the touch screen touchpad - I think not for long. Next will only have to pack, write the instructions and put the source code. I ask a little patience.
    Looks like he was trying to recompile from scratch since it had been a long time since he'd started. Still some lag in last working condition, possibly from heavy swap usage? Anyway, seems like some progress. Poor Nikolay's been at it on his own mostly though. Maybe with his source and example others might have some insight if there's still enough interest!
    Update: NIN has just provided details and files from his big effort on this. Please follow at the fresh thread if interested:
    (Pre3) AndroidChroot - run android inside webOS
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345