Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by guzilo View Post
    I have a touchpad go of 16G version ,please ask....you touchpadgo is double system.(android and webos)?
    No. It is only andriod version for this Go. Never heardn about double OS (Andriod +Webos) for touchpadgo.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    No. It is only andriod version for this Go. Never heardn about double OS (Andriod +Webos) for touchpadgo.
    I'll spill the beans here.

jcsullins started working on a dual boot install of CM9 for the TP GO earlier this year. Not enough users to bump up the priority as more important projects came along so this got shelved. He got as far as getting an Opal (shortloin) to boot into CM9, and the touchpanel grid functional, but stopped short of getting the front camera, audio and radios working.

I already donated the Opal and then some .... for this project ....
    Maybe additional donations made to jcsullins via paypal requesting this specific build (CM9 /10) for the Opal (Shortloin) might help?

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/11/2013 at 01:55 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post

jcsullins started working on a dual boot install of CM9 for the TP GO earlier this year. Not enough users to bump up the priority as more important projects came along so this got shelved. He got as far as getting an Opal (shortloin) to boot into CM9, and the touchpanel grid functional, but stopped short of getting the front camera, audio and radios working.

Maybe additional donations made to jcsullins via paypal requesting this specific build (CM9 /10) for the Opal (Shortloin) might help?

TTB
    Yes, you had already mentioned here that you were 'encouraging' jcsullins to work on an Android version for the Go and that you had (permanently?) donated the hardware to allow this, but not details of how far the project had actually progressed.

How likely is it that the 'ACL' project will also be suitable for use in the Go/Opal?

Personally, I am still awaiting a Go device that is fully-functional - and channelling any spare 'donations' directly into that, but I suppose others here may consider it a potentially worthwhile effort?

~~~

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post

TTB
    Touchpad go andriod 2.2.1 and 2.3.3 devices can use camera/can use 3G function. Also it can get SMS by itself (China Unicom 3G). But can not send SMS...
    There are some Go Andriod images: \\cdc-buildsrv8\WebOSImage\hp andriod
    a6 and a6_1 images: \\cdc-buildsrv8\a6 firmware
    But those pages are closed two years ago..
    I want to dump/copy Go andriod 2.2.1 or 2.3.3 images to JCSullins. But there are no recovery mode for andriod version and don't know how to do it...
    Touchpad go andriod 2.2.1 and 2.3.3 devices can use camera/can use 3G function. Also it can get SMS by itself (China Unicom 3G). But can not send SMS...
    There are some Go Andriod images: \\cdc-buildsrv8\WebOSImage\hp andriod
    a6 and a6_1 images: \\cdc-buildsrv8\a6 firmware
    But those pages are closed two years ago..
    I want to dump/copy Go andriod 2.2.1 or 2.3.3 images to JCSullins. But there are no recovery mode for andriod version and don't know how to do it...
    Thanks lemanho, both 2.2.1 and 2.3.3 images may be useful.

You can dump the android versions to file using dd if you have an Ubuntu box or a Ubuntu live cd.

It's pretty much a given that NewbyJE (John) could master the radio's he's become a RIL expert (my words, not his). Last time I chatted with jcs the front camera and audio were the remaining things needing to be fixed. I know not much if anything has been done recently. You can usually find him in freenode IRC chat in ##tpdebrick or any of the CM channels..

If you can make the dump files, I can get them to him. PM me if you want an ftp address to upload them

Barry

Thanks,
    Barry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Remy X likes this.
    Good friends
    I come from China, one in the hand the HP Touchpad go, system android 2.3.3 version, the original can connect 3 g network, can send and receive short message, and then I put the system - the app - phone. Apk replacement, the result can't connect the 3 g network, also won't be able to send a short message, the hope friends to help, help me to solve this problem, thank you!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/18/2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: email address not allowed to be posted
    i also have a touchpad go (4g) but still can not install android
    again...........
    pictures from touchpadgo 16G GPS+Wifi andriod 2.3.3
    could you tell me how to do this ,i also hava a touchpad go
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12