webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > How to transfer files from PC to tablet?
How to transfer files from PC to tablet?

Old 12/23/2012, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

When I connect my HP Touchpad to my computer with a USB cord it does not register on my computer in devices. I want to move some books, music and videos from my computer to the tablet. I do have cyanogenmod9 installed on the tablet, I also have webOS on there but don't know how to select it when it starts up (someone else did the dualboot for me). Thanks for any help.
PinkArmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...e-sharing.html
Old 12/23/2012, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

First, to select WebOS you have to use the Volume up button to move the selector to WebOS, then hit the home button. You only have four seconds to do this so you have to be watching when rebooting.

Seems to me from my memory from ages ago there was one particular setting that needed to be flipped somewhere in settings to enable file transfer. You might find the info on the Android on Touchpad board on this forum, or flip over to Android Central to the Touchpad forum there.

Another solution is to get one of the Wi-fi transfer apps where you can transfer files over wifi using your computer's web browser.

Last edited by starbuckk; 12/23/2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: error
starbuckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

As it turns out there are some issues with mounting USB storage using CM9 from the Touchpad. The Youtube video tells how to do set up for transfers of media files only using various media apps like Winamp with MTP but it has limitations.

Tutorial - Get USB Working on your Android Touchpad - YouTube

Other than that you'll have to boot Webos to do it through windows Explorer or use one of the Wi-Fi transfer apps.
starbuckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

<thread moved>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0