Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 2 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1. kremmen's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
       #1  
    Well .

    This seems to be it finally. I am selling but want to clear the touchpad so that there is no personal information left.

    Can someone point me in the right direction?

    I have cm9 dual booted and would like to leave that on for the next lucky owner.

    Ta in advance.

    Paul
  2. #2  
    Follow the directions in the following article and then perform a 'secure erase'. I would run the Doctor after that just to make triple sure.

    How to uninstall Android from your TouchPad | webOS Nation
  3. #3  
    this would be so spooky if your one of the 3 ppl I ebay'd (and amazon'd) touchpads from last night

    doctoring / full erase to defaults is the easy method ofc.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 12/10/2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    kremmen likes this.
  4. #4  
    Do a secure erase from webOS, and then use whatever Android recovery you're using to delete user data and cache.
    geekpeter and kremmen like this.
  5. kremmen's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Do a secure erase from webOS, and then use whatever Android recovery you're using to delete user data and cache.
    Thanks to you and the other replies.

    To boil this down to a simple thing ( as I am ).

    I am assuming that if I do a secure erase from webOS this will not remove Android?

    Assuming that to be correct I then need to look to CM9 and find the option to delete user data and cache (in settings I hope )

    Paul
  6. #6  
    A secure erase for certain doesn't remove the Android partition, as not even Doctor removes it. And there isn't much chance for the bootloader to get overwritten since on-device wipes don't reinstall any part of the operating system. But... if you have patches and custom kernels, etc. on webOS, make sure to get rid of those first before erasing so the next owner don't get any troubles trying to use homebrews.
    kremmen likes this.
  7. #7  
    I believe you need to uninstall Android first to remove that partition (someone correct me if I'm wrong - it's been a while), then you would want to secure erase and Doctor as I mentioned.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I believe you need to uninstall Android first to remove that partition (someone correct me if I'm wrong - it's been a while), then you would want to secure erase and Doctor as I mentioned.
    Though the OP doesn't want to remove Android?
    Quote Originally Posted by kremmen View Post
    I have cm9 dual booted and would like to leave that on for the next lucky owner.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Though the OP doesn't want to remove Android?
    DOH... I read and reread the OP and that didn't sink in at all. LOL Thanks for pointing it out! duh.
  10. kremmen's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    A secure erase for certain doesn't remove the Android partition, as not even Doctor removes it. And there isn't much chance for the bootloader to get overwritten since on-device wipes don't reinstall any part of the operating system. But... if you have patches and custom kernels, etc. on webOS, make sure to get rid of those first before erasing so the next owner don't get any troubles trying to use homebrews.
    Ok.
    Looks like I am getting there. Umm how exactly should I remove custom kernals ?

    Paul
  11. #11  
    If you have installed an custom kernals (ie: warthog, uberkernal, etc...) you can uninstall them through Preware/installed apps
    kremmen likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Though the OP doesn't want to remove Android?
    for someone paranoid about leaving personal info somewhere tho its still viable perhaps to just have tailor destroy the partition then just recreate it and install a fresh android install.

    easier than remembering to delete a, b, c, x, y, z and at least you know its 100% sorted.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<

Posting Permissions