webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > How can I change the User Agent from Acer A510?
How can I change the User Agent from Acer A510?

Old 12/09/2012, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey all WyreNut (Mark) here.

Since HP closed down their duplicate lithium forum (the former forums.palm.com, then forums.hpwebos.com), my new gig is at their Main support site: Other HP Products and Technologies - HP Support Forum

Each post I make with my HP "TouchDroid" ends up with a sig at the bottom stating "Posted from Acer A510".

I'd like to look like a Team Player and change the User Agent to something more HP-specific (like "HP TouchDroid!")

Tried to use the search function here for "user agent change", but the software doesn't seem to like CM9. :-( The search text entry box disappears.

Are there any kind souls here that can direct me to the proper file and a good Hex Editor? My profuse thanks will pour from my response... ;-)

WyreNut
Old 12/09/2012, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Are you using a forum browser program or posting via the browser?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Are you using a forum browser program or posting via the browser?
Web browsers - both the standard one and Boat browser...

Guess a Forum app would be a better option.

Any ideas on changing the device being reported to HP's lithium-based forum?

WyreNut
Old 12/11/2012, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Shouldn't there be a way to adjust that or turn it off through Lithium's control panel? (BTW, I don't go on HP's websites much because they use something that prevents links from working when using AdBlock Plus or Privoxy. It's odd.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 12/23/2012, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Shouldn't there be a way to adjust that or turn it off through Lithium's control panel? (BTW, I don't go on HP's websites much because they use something that prevents links from working when using AdBlock Plus or Privoxy. It's odd.)
My post title may be a bit misleading - I can change the User Agent, but when I use the Desktop or Android selection, ICS reports to the lithium forum software that I'm posting from an "Acer A510".

I want to edit this text string and change it to something like "HP TouchDroid"

WyreNut

Last edited by WyreNut; 12/23/2012 at 06:51 PM.
WyreNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

It might be dictated by some system property. Check the About section in the Settings app and see if Acer A510 pops up anywhere.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0