webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Touchpad bricked?
Touchpad bricked?

Old 09/21/2012, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey there,

I'm not sure whether I'm at the right place here, but I'll try my luck.

Yesterday I tried to install the AOKP ROM on my Touchpad. As I used the Goo Installer, I installed TWRP Touch Recovery first (2.2), then the AOKP ROM. I wiped the cache and did a reboot, everything seemed to work fine, I got into the bootloader. I was already a bit puzzled, as there was, next to the option to start AOKP, also still the option to start Cyanogenmod. Anyhow, I booted AOKP and - nothing happened. I saw the unicorn logo for an instant, then the Cyanogenmod logo, and that's it.

I restarted the touchpad and went into the TWRP recovery to restore the backup I did before starting to fumble around. And here's my big problem - TWRP can't mount nothing, no system partition, no data, no sdcard - thus I can't do nothing, not even reflashing CM9. I can't even start WebOS, a fine option to rescue the Touchpad so far.

The WebOS Doctor didn't work, either, it just stops reflashing WebOS after about 8%.

So, can anybody help me out with that? Is there a possibility to rebuild the Touchpad "from the scratch" with Odin?
King.Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

memboot time, if it won't pass 8%
look up memboot in this wiki it will describe how to do it .

Main Page - WebOS Internals
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

something got messed up on the partition and it causes the TPad not to boot so booting from a kernal from your computer by passes the TPad letting you run the doctor and recover the device.
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
something got messed up on the partition and it causes the TPad not to boot so booting from a kernal from your computer by passes the TPad letting you run the doctor and recover the device.
I read about that and tried it yesterday with the uImage of a Doctor jar I downloaded at Webinternals. The Touchpad rebooted and got stuck at the HP logo screen. How do I use the doctor after the reboot? Maybe I try it with a Doctor jar I got from official sources?
Old 09/23/2012, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

The TouchPad is supposed to stay at the HP logo screen. The ramdisk image inside of Doctor is an installer ramdisk, not a full image. It's designed for use with the Doctor. However, you can open a terminal session and do what you need to. Try rebuilding the internal flash via the commands on this page: How To Recover - WebOS Internals. Open a device shell using WOSQI is the easiest.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2012, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
The TouchPad is supposed to stay at the HP logo screen. The ramdisk image inside of Doctor is an installer ramdisk, not a full image. It's designed for use with the Doctor. However, you can open a terminal session and do what you need to. Try rebuilding the internal flash via the commands on this page: How To Recover - WebOS Internals. Open a device shell using WOSQI is the easiest.
Ok, here's what I did. After the WebOS doctor stopped at 8% (actually the USB logo in the Touchpad's screen changed to the HP logo already at 4%), I startet WOSQI and opened the Linux command terminal. I got into the root@webos-device:/# prompt, and entered the first command: lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure

In a Youtube video I saw that the expected answer would be "Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...", which appeared in my case, too. But, afterwards one should expect to see "Found volume group "store" using metadata type lvm2" - this won't appear in my case. This makes all the rest of the filesystem creation redundant, and I'm as far as I've been before...
Old 09/27/2012, 08:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

You should try booting directly from the installer image. I believe there are instructions on the guide linked in my signature. Also, since you're recreating the internal memory, AFAIK it wouldn't really matter if "store" was found. You'd probably end up recreating it anyway. (Check with someone else for verification.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2012, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

<thread moved>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2012, 05:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You should try booting directly from the installer image. I believe there are instructions on the guide linked in my signature. Also, since you're recreating the internal memory, AFAIK it wouldn't really matter if "store" was found. You'd probably end up recreating it anyway. (Check with someone else for verification.)
The problem is that when I continue, the prompt always tells me that it it actually can't create anything as it can't find any volumes.
Old 11/22/2012, 12:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Toby View Post
The problem is that when I continue, the prompt always tells me that it it actually can't create anything as it can't find any volumes.
Same thing here, What I had to do was to create the physical volume on that path.

lvm.static pvcreate /dev/mmcblk14

after that I followed these steps

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
lvm.static vgremove store
lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p14
lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store
lvm.static lvcreate -l 8 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 1 -n var store