1.    #1  
    Hey there,

I'm not sure whether I'm at the right place here, but I'll try my luck.

Yesterday I tried to install the AOKP ROM on my Touchpad. As I used the Goo Installer, I installed TWRP Touch Recovery first (2.2), then the AOKP ROM. I wiped the cache and did a reboot, everything seemed to work fine, I got into the bootloader. I was already a bit puzzled, as there was, next to the option to start AOKP, also still the option to start Cyanogenmod. Anyhow, I booted AOKP and - nothing happened. I saw the unicorn logo for an instant, then the Cyanogenmod logo, and that's it.

I restarted the touchpad and went into the TWRP recovery to restore the backup I did before starting to fumble around. And here's my big problem - TWRP can't mount nothing, no system partition, no data, no sdcard - thus I can't do nothing, not even reflashing CM9. I can't even start WebOS, a fine option to rescue the Touchpad so far.

The WebOS Doctor didn't work, either, it just stops reflashing WebOS after about 8%.

So, can anybody help me out with that? Is there a possibility to rebuild the Touchpad "from the scratch" with Odin?
    memboot time, if it won't pass 8%
    look up memboot in this wiki it will describe how to do it .

Main Page - WebOS Internals
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    something got messed up on the partition and it causes the TPad not to boot so booting from a kernal from your computer by passes the TPad letting you run the doctor and recover the device.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    something got messed up on the partition and it causes the TPad not to boot so booting from a kernal from your computer by passes the TPad letting you run the doctor and recover the device.
    I read about that and tried it yesterday with the uImage of a Doctor jar I downloaded at Webinternals. The Touchpad rebooted and got stuck at the HP logo screen. How do I use the doctor after the reboot? Maybe I try it with a Doctor jar I got from official sources?
    The TouchPad is supposed to stay at the HP logo screen. The ramdisk image inside of Doctor is an installer ramdisk, not a full image. It's designed for use with the Doctor. However, you can open a terminal session and do what you need to. Try rebuilding the internal flash via the commands on this page: How To Recover - WebOS Internals. Open a device shell using WOSQI is the easiest.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    The TouchPad is supposed to stay at the HP logo screen. The ramdisk image inside of Doctor is an installer ramdisk, not a full image. It's designed for use with the Doctor. However, you can open a terminal session and do what you need to. Try rebuilding the internal flash via the commands on this page: How To Recover - WebOS Internals. Open a device shell using WOSQI is the easiest.
    Ok, here's what I did. After the WebOS doctor stopped at 8% (actually the USB logo in the Touchpad's screen changed to the HP logo already at 4%), I startet WOSQI and opened the Linux command terminal. I got into the root@webos-device:/# prompt, and entered the first command: lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure

In a Youtube video I saw that the expected answer would be "Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...", which appeared in my case, too. But, afterwards one should expect to see "Found volume group "store" using metadata type lvm2" - this won't appear in my case. This makes all the rest of the filesystem creation redundant, and I'm as far as I've been before...
    You should try booting directly from the installer image. I believe there are instructions on the guide linked in my signature. Also, since you're recreating the internal memory, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $wouldn$'$t$ $really$ $matter$ $if$ &$quot$;$store$&$quot$; $was$ $found$. $You$'$d$ $probably$ $end$ $up$ $recreating$ $it$ $anyway$. ($Check$ $with$ $someone$ $else$ $for$ $verification$.)
    <thread moved>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You should try booting directly from the installer image. I believe there are instructions on the guide linked in my signature. Also, since you're recreating the internal memory, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $wouldn$'$t$ $really$ $matter$ $if$ &$quot$;$store$&$quot$; $was$ $found$. $You$'$d$ $probably$ $end$ $up$ $recreating$ $it$ $anyway$. ($Check$ $with$ $someone$ $else$ $for$ $verification$.)
    The problem is that when I continue, the prompt always tells me that it it actually can't create anything as it can't find any volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King.Toby View Post
    The problem is that when I continue, the prompt always tells me that it it actually can't create anything as it can't find any volumes.
    Same thing here, What I had to do was to create the physical volume on that path.

lvm.static pvcreate /dev/mmcblk14

after that I followed these steps

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgremove store
    lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p14
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 71 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 0 -n root store
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 8 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 1 -n var store
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 2 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 2 -n update store
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 3 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 3 -n log store
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 32 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 4 -n mojodb store
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 17 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 5 -n filecache store
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 3523 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 6 -n media store
    lvm.static lvcreate -l 64 -i 1 -M y --major 254 --minor 7 -n swap store
    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

Then I doctored it with 3.0.0
    voila reboot wait and it worked!