webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Help with Scrabble on CM9 - Resolution not supported
Help with Scrabble on CM9 - Resolution not supported

Old 08/21/2012, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am trying to run Electronic Arts Scrabble and I am receiving the above error. Has anyone been able to tun this app on the touch pad wth CM9? What settings did you use?

Thanks.
upsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2012, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've found the same thing. Tried changing to various different screen resolutions, no luck. Would love to see this resolved, too...
bleviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Being a scrabble addict, I've persisted and found two Android apps over the past month that allow me to play Scrabble within Facebook within a browser on my HP Touchpad running CM9 (Android 4 ICS):

1. "AlwaysOnPC" (HD/tablet version): This gives you a remote desktop on a Linux box, with mouse emulation. I can log into this, open Firefox, log in to FB, start Scrabble, and the game works thanks to the mouse emulation. It's a bit awkward, but workable if you are a fanatic like me. However it costs $20/year.

2. "Puffin" (Browser) (HD/tablet version): I've tried many Android browsers and this is the first one I've found under which the Scrabble game within FaceBook works. That is thanks again to mouse emulation, which facilitates drag & drop. This is also awkward and takes some getting used to, but is my preferred solution so far as it only costs $3, takes fewer steps to get to Scrabble, and generally less hassle. (However, AlwaysOnPC may be the better choice for someone who has other uses for the remote PC-like desktop).
bleviton is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0