1.    #1  
    I followed the instructions to put Android on the TouchPad found here: HP Touchpad: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Everything went smoothly until it was time to boot cyanogenmod for the first time. First some Linux icons appeared followed by about 5 minutes of scrolling messages. Then a menu came up called "moboot 0.3.5." and it was on the second choice of booting cyanogenmod. No input is possible so it counts down and then I get a cyanogenmod icon and it says "loading..." After a bit the screen goes black and I briefly see the HP logo and then I am back to the moboot menu. This keeps repeating forever.

Something apparently went wrong with the install but now I seem stuck.

Any way forward or back from here?
    Use the volume buttons to move up and down, I would assume, and Power to select. That's what's usually the case with Android bootloaders.
    <thread moved>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Use the volume buttons to move up and down, I would assume, and Power to select. That's what's usually the case with Android bootloaders.
    Thanks for the tip on using the volume buttons to move up and down. Now the problem is once I move to say "reboot" the power button does not select it. I press it and nothing happens. No other button seems to work and it does not autoselect after any period of time.

I still have the issue of why CyanogenMod will not successfully load too...
    Center button? Holding other buttons? Tap on the screen?
    If your process went from the "linux penguins screen with scrolling text" to trying to boot Cyanogenmod then you're missing the equally important steps of installing CM9/Android and GAPPS.

After penguins with scrolling text you're supposed to boot into clockworkmod (from the moboot menu) and install CM9 and GAPPS. Check out ncinerate's tutorial on the process in this forum (CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!).

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html

HTH!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by plgnply View Post
    If your process went from the "linux penguins screen with scrolling text" to trying to boot Cyanogenmod then you're missing the equally important steps of installing CM9/Android and GAPPS.

After penguins with scrolling text you're supposed to boot into clockworkmod (from the moboot menu) and install CM9 and GAPPS. Check out ncinerate's tutorial on the process in this forum (CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!).

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html

HTH!
    That did it! Thank you. I don't see the Google Play app store. Is there a way to install Android apps now?
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Get GApps. goo.im/gapps/
    I tried installing GApps. It had me download a zip file for my build. I double tapped the zip file and it ran something then said I had to reboot in the clock.... So I did and it acted like it was going to install something but then I got a screen with a gray triangle with a yellow exclamation mark in it and a little green Android figure below. I cannot get it to reboot now. I've tried holding down the power button or holding it down in conjunction with the home button of volume button but nothing is causing it to reboot. Apparently the install went wrong and now I am stuck.

Any ideas how to reboot and what went wrong?
    Thanks for the tip on using the volume buttons to move up and down. Now the problem is once I move to say "reboot" the power button does not select it. I press it and nothing happens. No other button seems to work and it does not autoselect after any period of time.

I still have the issue of why CyanogenMod will not successfully load too...
    Tap the center button to select...

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    I tried installing GApps. It had me download a zip file for my build. I double tapped the zip file and it ran something then said I had to reboot in the clock.... So I did and it acted like it was going to install something but then I got a screen with a gray triangle with a yellow exclamation mark in it and a little green Android figure below. I cannot get it to reboot now. I've tried holding down the power button or holding it down in conjunction with the home button of volume button but nothing is causing it to reboot. Apparently the install went wrong and now I am stuck.

Any ideas how to reboot and what went wrong?
    Pressing and holding down the home button and the center button for about 10 seconds should reboot the machine. Also, you have to follow the instructions. I know the instructions say to download the gapps zip to your TouchPad, then reboot into clockwork to install the zip. After reading your comment it seems that you tried to open the zip in CM9. That's not what you are suppose to do. Not knocking you, we are here to help, but this could have been avoided if you followed the instructions.

11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Pressing and holding down the home button and the center button for about 10 seconds should reboot the machine. Also, you have to follow the instructions. I know the instructions say to download the gapps zip to your TouchPad, then reboot into clockwork to install the zip. After reading your comment it seems that you tried to open the zip in CM9. That's not what you are suppose to do. Not knocking you, we are here to help, but this could have been avoided if you followed the instructions.

I rushed and did not fully read the directions for which I apologize. I appreciate the help very much but don't want to waste your time.

Thankfully all is working now.
    I rushed and did not fully read the directions for which I apologize. I appreciate the help very much but don't want to waste your time.

Thankfully all is working now.
    Good to know that all is working for you. When you install something out of the ordinary on a device you need to slow down a little...