Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beatme101
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hello guys.

I just got a brand new TouchPad 32GB. WebOS is very nice, but there are not many applications, so I'm trying to intall CM9.

I have all the drivers installed correctly, I can put the touchpad in developer mode, and USB mode

Problem is, MOST of the links on the guides are outdated. I tried guides here, guides on rootwiz, guides on XDA.

So I started looking for the files myself, and now I have.

e0664157ed69f8999e1c3ee77cdc53ae ACMEInstaller2
    7b49b53a9d70315c40dccde9fc20e7a9 ACMEInstaller3
    7642f3f0a8090dc52445541a94ed8164 cm-9-20120816-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip
    980139d6b46b9cbba4db0e07ad17ba5d moboot_0.3.5.zip
    1308300f38685d44afde730efd9132cc update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

So I copied all the files from c:\downloads\touchpad to \cminstall on my touchad.

Rebooted into recovery, and did the:

C:\DOWNLOADS\TOUCHPAD>"C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe" boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2

The touchpad did some magic, including some linux thing/scorlling, rebooted, but now I'm back at webos.

So, did i forgot something? Should I use ACMEInstaller2 or ACMEInstaller3 (or even ACMEInstaller?).

Thanks.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Ok, so the problem was that cm-9-20120816-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip needed to be called update-cm-9-20120816-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanbis View Post
    Problem is, MOST of the links on the guides are outdated. I tried guides here, guides on rootwiz, guides on XDA.

So I started looking for the files myself, and now I have.

[FONT="Courier New"]e0664157ed69f8999e1c3ee77cdc53ae ACMEInstaller2
    Hi. I'm one of those people who come from Google to find forum threads where someone says "I have a problerm", and then they say they fixed it but don't say how. This is one of those situations.

You say you have obtained this file, even though all the guides have dead links (which they do, I've been through them all, they are all dead). Where did you get this file?
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    goo.im
    search 'acmeinstaller'
    you'll find it

HTH!
    Actually, you might want to play with CM10 (Jelly Bean) too - in an extremely 'not quite ready' but very useable state of development for the TP:

How to install jcsullins Jelly Bean 4.1.1 CM10 Preview on the HP TouchPad &#38; keep your CM9 Setup - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

It seems EXCELLENT and smooth too!

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm new also to TP and came across this guide to install droid .. http://liliputing.com/2012/01/how-to...d-9-alpha.html.... It seems the most straight forward from others I've read, but I'm kinda of a tech noob. Should I wait and install CM10 which is still in it's infancy or wait till it becomes more stable, or go with CM9 which has been around for a bit?

It's been quite of a bit of an information overload with so many different sources and input on what to download and install. I'm basically asking what's the best avenue to go. I would really appreciate any guidance.
    Last edited by RickFelt; 09/07/2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickFelt View Post
    I'm new also to TP and came across this guide to install droid .. How to install Android 4.0 or 4.1 on the HP TouchPad (CyanogenMod 9 Alpha) - Liliputing.... It seems the most straight forward from others I've read, but I'm kinda of a tech noob. Should I wait and install CM10 which is still in it's infancy or wait till it becomes more stable, or go with CM9 which has been around for a bit?

It's been quite of a bit of an information overload with so many different sources and input on what to download and install. I'm basically asking what's the best avenue to go. I would really appreciate any guidance.
    My understanding is that some features are not yet present in CM10 (namely, hardware acceleration) which would leave the end user experience feeling somewhat limited. From the last I read there are several other items that are still being worked on in order to create a better experience with CM10. On the flip side, it's developed well enough to install and run without much crashing, and you can see what the new Jellybean is all about.

Alternatively, CM9 is fairly well developed and stable. I have not had a single crash (knock on wood) since installing CM9 A2. Note that there is still no camera support in CM9. I've recently upgraded to the latest nightly 9/3/12 and it runs very smoothly. My recommendation would be to install CM9 9/3/12 nightly and wait for a more stable CM10 build in a few months. IMO
    Do CM9. CM10 is noticeably smoother, but there is enough broken that I don't think you'd be happy with it as a daily driver (no audio, some limits to hardware acceleration, and so on).
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions last night and installed CM9 on Daughter's TP perfectly. It then installed all the Android apps that were applicable to her TP and within her profile perfectly.

Good stuff!