1.    #1  
    I tried to install cm9 on my touchpad and I followed this tutorial: Search | webOS Nation

I have a problem, I followed each step and everything went great till the double penguins came up. The first time I tried this, the touchpad rebooted itself to WebOS, so I shut it down, hold the power button and volume up button, and I proceeded the whole "cmd" part for the second time. The double penguins appeared and I realised it stopped. I looked and it wrote that the cm9 filename was wrong...it had to begin with update-cm . So I waited for the device to reboot again so that I could change the name of the zip file, however the screen is stuck. There is a black screen and a lot of text. Everytime I push a button, there is a writing on it.

For example, when I push the volume up buttong this comes up:

^[[4~[ 2432.551116] gpio-keys: volume up button pressed
    [ 2432.701070] gpio-keys: volume up button released

I tried to reboot it but the device does not shut down. It is stuck, and everytime I push a button, it just writes that I pressed and released the button.

I tried to download WebOS Doctor, but I cannot find a valid download link, however I do not think this will help, because I cannot shut down the device!
    HELP!!
    Did u try the power button and home key pressed down for about 20 seconds to reset?
    You can also open novaterm and type "tellbootie recovery" to boot to USB Recovery mode, if you have Developer Mode enabled.
  4.    #4  
    Pressed the home button and power button and it eventually shut off. It all worked out! Yeah