1.    #1  
    Touchpad locked up while running CM9. Performed reset and after the blue startup screen saw error message "Encryption Unsuccessful" . Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your tablet is no longer accessible. To resume using your tablet, you must perform a factory reset. .... and a button to reset the tablet. Well nothing works. I can still boot into WEBOS but no changes to hard drive are saved. I tried to boot into CWM to install latest nightly but if you can't write to the drive changes are not recognized. Tempted to un-install CM9 but don't want to screw anything else up. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    If you stay in WebOS, can you change things and they stay after a reboot? If not, you may have a hardware memory error - which needs an HP fix. So, try adding a new app, reboot and see if it's still there.
  3.    #3  
    I tried that and no changes in anything under Webos stay following a reboot.. It is strange that Android effectively locked out Webos from writing to memory.
    ~Michael Jordan

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I guess you tried to encrypt the TP from within CM9? Adding a Exchange account maybe? That seems too tricky to be successful in the first place IMO as both webOS and CM9 share part of the storage ("SD" in Android terms). If you have CM9 encrypt that, I can imagine you have a risk of screwing things up badly. I doubt however this will result in hardware damage. A visit to the doctor seems the best solution, no?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackisBack View Post
    I tried that and no changes in anything under Webos stay following a reboot.. It is strange that Android effectively locked out Webos from writing to memory.
    No, it's nothing to do with Android. There is a memory controller in the circuit which, if it starts to go wrong, puts the memory into read-only mode.

So, everything you have done up to then is OK - but anything new just doesn't "stick".

It needs to go back to HP for fixing. I had this with my wife's TP - which had never had Android near it.

Alan
  6.    #6  
    Thx for the info. So when you got it back from HP did you have all of your software and data or was it reset to factory settings?
    ~Michael Jordan

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I can't remember. I wiped it anyway because I put android on it.

sorry

alan