webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
Like Tree34Likes

Old 07/21/2012, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I'm very excited for this.

Important notice; It's important to completely remove CM9 or an earlier CM10 build in order to properly install this new version of CM10 and USE!!!! Acmeinstaller3 which ill include in the links below.

CM10 file with camera and now additional patches including a fix to the Gyroscope, WiFi and Battery: http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...G_ONLY_CAM.zip

]This is for installing Flash on the Touch Pad: Works on both CM9 and CM7, I can assume the same on CM10, and CM10.1 but can not be verified yet. Here is the link on how to enable it.:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg0vOISEDzY [/B]

Older CM10 Gapps.

Gapps file: http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/gapps/gapps-jb-20120914.zip

Acmeinstaller3 file: http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...ACMEInstaller3

And should you be usimg a 4G Touchpad use these builds for use of the 4G radio.

CM10 file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98345983/CM9...tenderloin.zip

Gapps files: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Acmeinstaller 3 file: http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...ACMEInstaller3

Installation video; Here is a very good installation video I found for installing CM9. For CM10 simply replace gapps and the CM9 files with the ones above and enjoy also remember to replace the acme installer files with the new one; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HdvC...ure=plpp_video

Remember I'm not responsible for any problems that may occur with the installation yet if you follow the video instructions in the link above and replace the three files then all should go as plan. NEVER!!! Mix up the 4G and Wifi versions of CM10. This will make sure you get the optimal user experience.

This build of CM10 has fixed video playback, has sound, and limited microphone functionality, yet has not implemented the camera preview that has appeared on a separate CM9 build on the XDA site. Also remember, this build is still somewhat limited in what it can do it is still buggy in some areas and is not ready for prime time, yet as it is it is a huge milestone both in the development of CM10 for the TouchPad and for the longevity of the tablet, but as with all CM builds, tread with caution.

Here is the link for my CM 10.1 thread: ALPHA: Jellybean Android 4.2 for the HP TouchPad.

Last edited by Ventus221; 08/18/2013 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Updates/ refinements.
Ventus221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by intron, renater, Soruk and 3 others like this.
Old 07/21/2012, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

The rom is availible but the video is to show that it is very much in development. So be happy and spread the word with the link.

Last edited by Ventus221; 08/09/2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07/21/2012, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Fixed link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCZo*...qglT31hl6YjxLw
Old 07/22/2012, 01:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

nope still broke
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: achimi
Old 07/22/2012, 03:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCZo****c-k&sns=em

looks pretty advanced already.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2012, 04:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagster View Post
"An Error Occurred During Validation, Sorry"

So in the meantime, I searched "Jelly Bean TouchPad" and found a REVTV upload. I have seen a few of his videos and actually like what he has presented, but this one is subpar imo.. The only feature I saw that looked half interesting was the unlock to a specific app demo. The rest was rather mundane, I'm not sure what the "jelly bean flick off the screen",0:45 second mark, part was all about. The rest of the video flicked around empty launcher screens, or settings menus. Not a good demonstration, would have liked to see apps opening, switching, hitting up the market for a download, seemed no different than the latest CM9, aside from the unlock screen

Last edited by sledge007; 07/22/2012 at 04:56 AM.
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2012, 08:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Jelly Bean on the HP Touchpad - Teaser Video - xda-developers

^ i dont get the attraction tbh? whats actually different beyond some silly floating interactive jellybeans or showing off some animated wallpapers?

is it really that different to ICS? because not a hell of a lot looks different to me at first glance, is it just some minor facelift/update/bugfixes?
Old 07/22/2012, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
butter
Old 07/22/2012, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalx View Post
butter
why does a few minor modifications like we can get via patching require a whole new release name and some hype?

certainly doesnt look like enough to warrant a named split from regular ICS, its like adding the preware "buttah" or "responsiveness" patches from preware and deciding you now have webOS 3.1.0
Old 07/22/2012, 01:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Well it may not be much right now but I'm always glad for some sort of Touchpad love. And besides I'm glad that there is someone out there porting great things to the touchpad outside of Linux distros. So yeah it may not be much now but maybe in another years time it may be a complete and fantastic build, it might happen even sooner. I figure with this, WebOS C.E and Open WebOS that it's an exciting time to be both a Touchpad owner and a WebOS user.
Old 07/22/2012, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Our platform is still alive in one form or another.
Old 07/22/2012, 02:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
Our platform is still alive in one form or another.
even with open webOS, were still officially dead until its built and run on new hardware thats obtainable/still in production.

remember a ton of touchpads got bought by people only interested only in android, so if yours breaks or you need another for some reason, your knackered unless you gamble on ebay, as soon as open webOS is runnable on different hardware, then we can breathe easy.
Old 07/22/2012, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
why does a few minor modifications like we can get via patching require a whole new release name and some hype?

certainly doesnt look like enough to warrant a named split from regular ICS, its like adding the preware "buttah" or "responsiveness" patches from preware and deciding you now have webOS 3.1.0
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean review | The Verge

Every android release has had a new name

It's not a "major" release, a major release would be 2.0 to 3.0, 3.0 to 4.0 etc. It's a minor release, but still requires a new name similar from Eclair to Froyo, to Gingerbread, to Honeycomb etc.

It requires a "whole new update" just like webos requires a whole new update, the only reason we don't get it OTA is because it's an unsupported unofficial rom for a device that was never supposed to run it

If you don't get the big deal, don't use it

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by CGK, dignitary, vasekvi and 1 others like this.
Thanked by dignitary, idiomcritter
Old 07/22/2012, 09:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I think it would be a worthwile download even if it's a minor one.
Old 07/23/2012, 12:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Honestly, its gonna be great. I'm very open minded about anythjng that can be used on the Touchpad, Android or WebOS. What I'm just saying to everyone on the thread, Moderator or not, that when HP cut WebOS development and shifted it to an Open Source project, that we were not left with much of anything, so all I'm saying is that even if it isn't WebOs do you really think that it doesn't deserve your attention or open minded approach at all?
Old 07/23/2012, 12:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

At least until C.E or Open WebOs comes out
Old 07/23/2012, 03:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Well yeah It's in a Pre Alpha Stage from what I believe considering they don't have any Rom's availible, so I would put an Alpha even a Beta release depending on how far in development it actually is when the CM team decide to unveil it. Actually, I would put an actually release of a build within the next month, or even sooner maybe.
Old 07/23/2012, 03:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

But...do not quote me as that being a ceartinty, I am just taking an educated guess.
Old 07/23/2012, 08:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
Well yeah It's in a Pre Alpha Stage from what I believe considering they don't have any Rom's availible, so I would put an Alpha even a Beta release depending on how far in development it actually is when the CM team decide to unveil it. Actually, I would put an actually release of a build within the next month, or even sooner maybe.
think there's a reply in the xda forum that it would be sorted in 2 weeks'ish unless he meant that's when wifi/hardware gfx acceleration would get fixed.
Old 07/23/2012, 09:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
...2 weeks'ish...

That is the default reply for anyone asking for an ETA for anything to do with cyanogenmod. It doesn't actually mean that it will come it in two weeks, it might, but that is just the answer that is always given to any ETA question. (I think, it might be another time period, but I think that it is two weeks.)

edit: Sorry about that, I think I got it into my head that because someone was trolling on rootzwiki replying two weeks to most things it was a de facto response. It isn't.

edit 2: I just looked back, and I saw that it is a standard response to an ETA question.

Last edited by jm2011; 07/23/2012 at 09:51 AM.
jm2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: geekpeter

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0