Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #161  
    Has anyone encountered Gapps problems?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Nope!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I don't recall any....works fine here.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    No problems here either.
    Make sure you have the correct Gapps for Jellybean.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm very pleased with CM10 - certainly given my Touchpad a new lease of life.

Two negatives:
    1) VPN doesn't work (For VNC and RDP, I can work around that with SSH tunnelling)
    2) VBoxManage can't see the network for some reason. Every other app I've tried that needs network access works fine. App works fine on my fiancee's Versus tablet (running Jelly Bean), and my Ascend G300 phone (running Gingerbread).
    If you appreciate my work please consider donating!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    If this has been mentioned already I am Sorry but I didn't see it...

does this work with GooManager and if so can I triple boot my touchpad or do I need to replace CM9 Nightly with this CM10?

Thanks so much for your awesome work!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  7.    #167  
    To everyone on this post, there has been an update to Cm10 on the touchpad in the form of 4.2.2 but im currently on a train so I wont be able to post anything about it until tonight
    Its ironic to say this, but this has been the most stable android device I've owned lol fewest force closes, fewest issues period....and its unofficial. If I had my choice of dual booting I would want win though, I still can't stand this clunk, but Netflix works...
    Palm prē-ist.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    Its ironic to say this, but this has been the most stable android device I've owned lol fewest force closes, fewest issues period....and its unofficial. If I had my choice of dual booting I would want win though, I still can't stand this clunk, but Netflix works...
    if you compare the touchpad even to todays devices its still a bargain, wifi/bluetooth/respectable 10" display/can native triple boot other OS/can have ubuntu in a card/has inductive charging/other stuff ive likely forgotten atm.

the above still makes it an attractive device and worth the risk of aquiring more second hand, the only thing it misses out on over a more modern device is resolution which isnt very important in the long run.

if your a webOS and/or android fan its still a better bet than "proper" android devices, you dont miss out on anything, you just gain features.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    scjjtt and Soruk like this.
  10.    #170  
    Honestly Ide that the HP Touchpad is really the best tablet for CM porting
    Honestly Ide that the HP Touchpad is really the best tablet for CM porting
    i have 4 "proper" android devices, 2 phones, 2 tablets, and when i factor in all 4, i still find the touchpad runs more "android" stuff than the proper android devices (tho a big factor there ofc is manufacturers limting the device, making them hard to root and using weird setups), altho to be fair the big difference tends to be obscure stuff like gamepad controller support, bluetooth keyboard/mice working properly etc.

its only a shame i cant bring myself to like android as a primary device, it just feels like a 1/2 finished kids toy, in fact asides from just watching netflix its typically just toy'alike stuff i use on android, think the only other thing i like on it, is the port of UAE4ALL2 Pandora Edition to get a mobile amiga on the go, altho mouse functionality on that is utterly garbage.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  12.    #173  
    Has been updated thanks for the help :-)
    Is uninstalling the previous one required?
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Is uninstalling the previous one required?
    you only need to unisnstall CM9, before installing CM10, once CM10 is on you just need to use clockwork mod to update by clear app cache and dalvik cache in advance options and installing latest zip.
    Last edited by Firepower; 04/19/2013 at 12:12 AM.
    I have CM10 installed already. Will it still require CMD on computer to update or can be done by CWM also?

Sorry for this newb question, indeed I'm total newb in Android.
  16.    #177  
    you can flash it through Cwm as long as you wipe the Dalvik and the filecache it should be ok.
    "Updated"
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    First of Thanks Ventus221, this install works great! One thing I a missing is the Android Market. How do I download this application?
  18.    #179  
    Umm just replace the gapps file put it in cwm reinstall the file and wipe the caches and your good
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Which Cache PC or Android?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast