webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
Like Tree34Likes

Old 12/05/2012, 03:45 AM   #101 (permalink)

These are being updated fast now so may be best to check out original forums for updates and change logs.

Dorregaray CM10 camera preview

[ROM] UNOFFICIAL CM10 with working camera - xda-developers

JCSULLINS CM10 camera preview

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing preview

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1811480

Last edited by Firepower; 12/05/2012 at 08:40 AM.
Firepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Mutoidi
Old 12/10/2012, 01:03 PM   #102 (permalink)

Installed CM10 on my Touchpad over the weekend. Overall, I REALLY like it. This is the first time I attempted to install Android, and I was waiting until CM10 looked OK. So far, not a single crash or freeze. The only problem is the standard one with web pages needing flash. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Overall, really great job on the CM10 build. I had to stick with the installation guide youtube video, and replay it several times to make sure I had the correct files downloaded, in the right cminstall folder and so on. It worked the first time, no hiccups, and the I now for the first time, I enjoy using Android. My smartphone is a LG Revolution, and I detest Android (not sure if the just the phone and/or android - but its slow, crashes, freezes, yech) on that phone. Jellybean is really nice.

I guess you can tell I'm saying "really nice" a lot . Good job!! I will be sending some Paypal $'s to the CM10 team once I get past Christmas.
ksadams_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 07:20 AM   #103 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Well im glad it helped and thats the Holiday Spirt im sure they will greatly appreciate it.
Old 12/11/2012, 03:52 PM   #104 (permalink)

Has anyone installed CM10 over CM9 using goo.im directly from CM9 using their TP?
aviatordoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 10:21 AM   #105 (permalink)

Don't do it. You need to uninstall CM9 first because partition sizes are different. Jellybean is bigger so the system partition size is larger.

Uninstalling CM9 is simple. Use the remove tool in preware then delete the android partitions using tailor. Last resize your remaining partion to use all of the space using tailor. Now you're readyt o install CM10.
peterlemonjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: TJude
Old 12/12/2012, 11:15 AM   #106 (permalink)

Last night I installed CM10 on my son's Touchpad, and this time it only took me a few minutes, since I now know what I'm doing (at least with an initial install). He's a happy guy this morning, he can now play Minecraft, and he likes the voice recognition in the browser.

One question, when a new build comes out, how do I install it? Will it wipe out the current version, and I'll have to reload all the android apps, or will this act as a patch?? I did make a nandroid backup. Also, I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there an android flash version that will work with Jellybean and the Touchpad?

Thanks for letting the newbie ask questions.
ksadams_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 10:19 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
One question, when a new build comes out, how do I install it? Will it wipe out the current version, and I'll have to reload all the android apps, or will this act as a patch??
If it is anything like CM9, it should act like a patch.

This is what I do when I update CM9:
1. download nightly and place it in root folder on Touchpad ( cm-9-20121202-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip )
2. Boot touchpad into clockwork mod
3. Wipe Cache Partition
4. Go to Advanced and Wipe Dalvic cache
5. Go back and install zip from SD card, pick the zip you just put there and select yes

After it is done, reboot and boot in to Cyanogen. When it starts android should have a thing where it updates all the apps. All your settings, browsing history, cookies, etc... should all still be there.

As far as Flash on Jellybean, I'm not too sure on that since I haven't jumped to CM10 yet. My guess is that it isn't ready yet, but eventually it will be.
mrjspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 03:10 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Don't do it. You need to uninstall CM9 first because partition sizes are different. Jellybean is bigger so the system partition size is larger.

Uninstalling CM9 is simple. Use the remove tool in preware then delete the android partitions using tailor. Last resize your remaining partion to use all of the space using tailor. Now you're readyt o install CM10.
Thanks for the guidance. If I want to go back to CM9, it will install in the larger partition without problems, right? Also, what steps after Tailor?

Last edited by TJude; 12/14/2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Fix
TJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 02:11 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post

Long time webOS user here.
So like many of us, I have Touchpad with CM9 / webOS dual partition.
What I'm reading is that CM9 will need to be uninstalled, then CM10 will need to be installed.

My main concern is what happens to the apps and data that we already under CM9? Is this essentially the same as wiping out the Android partition? Will we need to go through the download/install/setup all over again? Also when the partition for Android is increased, I'm guessing it'll just eat into the open space and leave the webOS partition alone (like it did when CM9 was installed).

Thanks in advance!
laoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 10:07 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJude View Post
Thanks for the guidance. If I want to go back to CM9, it will install in the larger partition without problems, right? Also, what steps after Tailor?
Not sure about the partition size if you want to reinstall CM9. After removing the android partitions and resizing the remaining partition in tailor, simply install CM10 per its install instructions.
Old 12/18/2012, 10:07 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoh View Post
What I'm reading is that CM9 will need to be uninstalled, then CM10 will need to be installed.

My main concern is what happens to the apps and data that we already under CM9? Is this essentially the same as wiping out the Android partition? Will we need to go through the download/install/setup all over again? Also when the partition for Android is increased, I'm guessing it'll just eat into the open space and leave the webOS partition alone (like it did when CM9 was installed).

Thanks in advance!
Yes, your apps should auto-restore from google backup if you have it enabled. And yes it will claim space from what's available in your webos partition.
Old 12/20/2012, 04:50 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoh View Post

Thanks in advance!
Read into Titanium Backup. You can backup your apps and/or data. Then, once you flash a new ROM, be it CM9 vs. CM10, all of your Angry Birds data will stay in place if you so choose. You store it locally, so no need to redownload everything from the Play store.

Android flashing is more intimidating than anything. As long as you read the beginners guides on AndroidCentral.com or xda-developers.com, you will be fine. Good luck!

Edit: Also (FYI) the free version works just fine.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 01:22 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksadams_1 View Post
Installed CM10 on my Touchpad over the weekend. Overall, I REALLY like it. This is the first time I attempted to install Android, and I was waiting until CM10 looked OK. So far, not a single crash or freeze. The only problem is the standard one with web pages needing flash. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Overall, really great job on the CM10 build. I had to stick with the installation guide youtube video, and replay it several times to make sure I had the correct files downloaded, in the right cminstall folder and so on. It worked the first time, no hiccups, and the I now for the first time, I enjoy using Android. My smartphone is a LG Revolution, and I detest Android (not sure if the just the phone and/or android - but its slow, crashes, freezes, yech) on that phone. Jellybean is really nice.

I guess you can tell I'm saying "really nice" a lot . Good job!! I will be sending some Paypal $'s to the CM10 team once I get past Christmas.
Hi, I just downloaded the:

cm-10-20121216-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM.zip
and
update-cm10-jcsullins-camera-preview5.zip

My Touchpad still with WebOS, connecting to Windows or Ubuntu via USB, no problem using Novaterm to access Touchpad.

Should I install the CM10 JB from Ubuntu or Windows?
Where can I find the step by step to install CM10 (and keep dual boot but Not a must)? Considering I am a newbie.
As well, Do I need to download some other files besides 2 files (top) that I just downloaded?
If I can get this work then Sure I will Paypal $ to CM team to express my appreciation and Thanks for their hard work. Thanks very much.
timothy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 02:23 AM   #114 (permalink)

It doesn't matter what operating you load the files with. This guide is for CM9, but it's worth a look. You may have to rename some of the files to match the same name as expected by the installer. http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html

While you're talking about donations, it's also a good idea to donate to WebOS Internals. After all, they pioneered homebrews on the webOS platform, and probably supplied a lot of the base information on how to get around on webOS (think Novacom information).
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: timothy_k
Old 12/22/2012, 01:29 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy_k View Post

and

My Touchpad still with WebOS, connecting to Windows or Ubuntu via USB, no problem using Novaterm to access Touchpad.

Where can I find the step by step to install CM10 (and keep dual boot but Not a must)? Considering I am a newbie.
As well, Do I need to download some other files besides 2 files (top) that I just downloaded?
If I can get this work then Sure I will Paypal $ to CM team to express my appreciation and Thanks for their hard work. Thanks very much.
CM10 is = JellyBean right?
What the PREVIEW means? update-cm10-jcsullins-camera-preview5.zip.
It's actual working and required to be installed - Preview? Or Preview is Alpha release?
I am VERY Newbie, so I would like to do it just one time, if needed to wait for Final and reliable / stable build then I better wait.

Thanks.
Old 12/22/2012, 03:52 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:

and

Quote:
It's actual working and required to be installed - Preview? Or Preview is Alpha release?
I am VERY Newbie, so I would like to do it just one time, if needed to wait for Final and reliable / stable build then I better wait.

Thanks.
Most instructions are for Windows machines, so I would go with a Windows install.

CM10 is JellyBean aka 4.1.2 and it's stable enough to use daily. Just look up the wiki for cyanogen mod:HP TouchPad Full Update Guide. It explains what you need to download, gives you the download links, and tells you how to do it.

The camera preview is from Jellybean 4.2 so it's giving you a preview of what's in store. You have to sideload the zip separately after you have installed CM10. I rarely use the camera anyway so it's up to you if you think you want it or not. It doesn't replace the 4.1.2 Camera app, it adds the 4.2 Camera, so you really don't have much to lose by installing it except for a few MB.

You have no choice but to dual boot, there is no option to wipe out webOS.
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 04:13 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks.
theres a few posts containing various files required, i gave 2 people a touchpad as a crimbo present, set it for webOS use and CM10 as their both android fanatics, the files i used for a nice stable and well working version was the usual files required.

make cminstall folder in /media/internal and copy the following files into there.

moboot_0.3.5.zip
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading moboot_0.3.5.zip

update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

update-Rolands-Lite-V3-JB-4.2-Gapps-Extras-signed
update-Rolands-Lite-V3-JB-4.2-Gapps-Extras-signed.zip

cm-10-20121211-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-10-20121211-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM.zip

you then need to read the MANY threads on how to use acmeinstaller3 which is downloaded from here....
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading ACMEInstaller3

THE main guide on how to use is here
HP Touchpad: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

basically that contains all you should need to know, combined with the gaaps/cm10 zips i linked above your all set, if you know all that and just dont know how to proceed with acmeinstaller.

Quote:

Turn the HP Touchpad off.

Hold down the "Power" and Volume Up button (closest to the power button) until an USB symbol appears on the screen.

Once the computer recognizes the HP Touchpad, open terminal and navigate to the directory Novacom is in.
In the terminal on the computer and run the following command:

novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3
the above novacom command works on both windows and ubuntu etc, with the 4 zips in place, and running the above command, thats all you do, leave it to do its thing and wait.

thats all there is, any issues and just re-read the above wiki which has ALL the info required, if no luck after that then just inquire on the various cm10/android forums or back here if your badly stuck.

EDIT: no idea if its needed or wanted, but i doubled the system and cache partitions acme created using Tailor, as weirdly i seemingly ran out of space on 1 of them in my 1st attempts using a different set of zips.

Last edited by geekpeter; 12/22/2012 at 06:12 PM.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 09:35 PM   #118 (permalink)

Is anybody else seeing flaky issues w/Chrome in CM10?
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 11:04 PM   #119 (permalink)

Yes it's a known bug. I just use the stock browser for the most part.
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 03:15 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
theres a few posts containing various files required, i gave 2 people a touchpad as a crimbo present, set it for webOS use and CM10 as their both android fanatics, the files i used for a nice stable and well working version was the usual files required.

make cminstall folder in /media/internal and copy the following files into there.

moboot_0.3.5.zip
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading moboot_0.3.5.zip

update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

update-Rolands-Lite-V3-JB-4.2-Gapps-Extras-signed
update-Rolands-Lite-V3-JB-4.2-Gapps-Extras-signed.zip

cm-10-20121211-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-10-20121211-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM.zip

you then need to read the MANY threads on how to use acmeinstaller3 which is downloaded from here....
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading ACMEInstaller3

THE main guide on how to use is here
HP Touchpad: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

basically that contains all you should need to know, combined with the gaaps/cm10 zips i linked above your all set, if you know all that and just dont know how to proceed with acmeinstaller.

the above novacom command works on both windows and ubuntu etc, with the 4 zips in place, and running the above command, thats all you do, leave it to do its thing and wait.

thats all there is, any issues and just re-read the above wiki which has ALL the info required, if no luck after that then just inquire on the various cm10/android forums or back here if your badly stuck.

EDIT: no idea if its needed or wanted, but i doubled the system and cache partitions acme created using Tailor, as weirdly i seemingly ran out of space on 1 of them in my 1st attempts using a different set of zips.
Hi,

I have downloaded and copied those 4 zip files into:

c:\program Files\HP webOS\SDK\Bin

Directory of C:\Program Files\HP webOS\SDK\bin

12/23/2012 11:24 PM <DIR> .
12/23/2012 11:24 PM <DIR> ..
12/23/2012 11:09 AM 9,091,431 ACMEInstaller3
12/23/2012 10:23 PM 152,205,568 cm-10-20121211-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FO
R_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM.zip
12/23/2012 11:11 AM 43,240 moboot_0.3.5.zip
09/19/2011 06:59 PM 36,864 novacom.exe
12/23/2012 01:32 PM <DIR> novacomd
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 1,215 palm-emulator.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 664 palm-generate.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 664 palm-help.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 664 palm-install.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 664 palm-launch.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 664 palm-log.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 664 palm-package.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 664 palm-run.bat
12/21/2011 05:58 PM 532 palm-worm.bat
12/23/2012 11:12 AM 7,378 update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

Turn on Touchpad with Volume Up, it shows USB sign.

C:\Program Files\HP webOS\SDK\bin>novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3

and wait.

On Touchpad the installation seems started, but it fails after 1-2 mins:
--------
The last line: "no cmInstall dir found, nothing to install.
Power of f when ready"
--------

Please see attached.

Have any ideas what was wrong?

Thanks.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0