webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
Like Tree34Likes

Old 11/21/2012, 12:02 AM   #81 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Updated.
Old 11/23/2012, 01:53 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartFah View Post
At first I didn't care about any Android ports to the TouchPad, but once I saw the video today of the Alpha release I became very interested in getting the dual boot on my TouchPad. Even though many people are saying the Alpha version is pretty solid, I will wait until it hits either Beta or a final build (I'd rather not deal with many bugs, or unexpected craziness).

At the very least, I say it's worth it just for the Netflix app. Seeing how well they progressed with Gingerbread, I'd say once Ice Cream Sandwich is released, things will be even better. I can't wait to try it out.

Click to view quoted video
Just installed Cyangenmod 10 (Android 4.1) last night on my TP. Everything went fine. Dual booting now with WebOS. It was so smooth that everything is working (apps, WiFi, charging with TS, etc.) One thing that didn't work was the separate app (gapps-jb-.........) in the CMINSTALL directory (for the proprietary Google Play Store) did not install. That ZIP file remained in the directory when all others are, as expected, now removed. Also, there is no app to access the Play Store.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom from the gurus.
I did access the Play Store through Android Central from the TP booted into Android. I was able to even install apps, but NOT to the TP .........they went automatically to my Droid phone (Razr Maxx HD).

Is this a TP issue with the gapps file not installing. Are there solutions or work-arounds?
DennisOS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 03:01 PM   #83 (permalink)

<post moved/merged>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 01:33 AM   #84 (permalink)

Ok, I installed CM10 on one touchpad that had never been dual booted before - it was flawless and is now humming along smoothly.

I got so excited that I wanted to put it on my touchpad that is running CM9. Not knowing exactly how to do a "fresh install", I decided to risk it, figuring that worst case scenario I would just somehow start over with a clean install if all hell broke loose. I used goomanager. I created a nandroid backup.

Everything seems fine and works pretty well except there doesn't appear to be a microphone anymore.

So, my question is:

Is there a way to bring the microphone back in this hacked up install?

If not, how do I clean out the android partition and start over without damaging my webOS install or my SD partition?

Thanks in advance!
intron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 01:35 AM   #85 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Was this threadmmoved?
Old 11/24/2012, 02:03 AM   #86 (permalink)

Nevermind...... I found the answer.

Just use the ACMEUninstaller as described here:
http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
Old 11/25/2012, 12:16 AM   #87 (permalink)

Ok, I started from a clean install but when I logged into my Gmail account, nothing dowloaded. I have tons of paid apps, but they didn't automatically download like they did in the past. Any thoughts?
Old 11/25/2012, 09:45 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intron View Post
Ok, I started from a clean install but when I logged into my Gmail account, nothing dowloaded. I have tons of paid apps, but they didn't automatically download like they did in the past. Any thoughts?
That happens. Open the Play Store, Open Settings Menu, Click on My Apps, Click on All Apps, Redownload your apps.
Old 11/25/2012, 08:05 PM   #89 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I hope everyone enjoys CM10.
Old 11/25/2012, 09:47 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
That happens. Open the Play Store, Open Settings Menu, Click on My Apps, Click on All Apps, Redownload your apps.
Ahhh... got it. Thanks. Haven't been using Android that much - been sticking with webOS, even though I set up dual boot forever ago. But CM10 is pretty spiffy. I am slowly feeling the pull of the dark side. On a side note, my mother bought a Galaxy Note 2 - that thing is amazing, even if it huge for a phone. I could use it as both phone and tablet and streamline my life. Its tempting but I don't really have pockets that big And I hate not having a physical keyboard.

Anyway, Thanks for the help and thanks to Ventus for the initial post and for the updates!
Old 11/27/2012, 09:16 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
I hope everyone enjoys CM10.
Yes.. thanks.. it's pretty damned nice..

.. but then so os our beloved webOS!
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 10:17 AM   #92 (permalink)

I just installed cm10 and don't seem to have play store... how can i install this?
destro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 02:06 PM   #93 (permalink)

Sorry I have seen this thread fora bit and have been waiting to see if anything was going to come out as an official alpha release like CM9 but havent seen it yet.

Can anyone enlighten me on the actual state of the CM10 release, and also if I currently have CM9 installed with everything working what is the simplest way to update to CM10 and have the Google Play Store?

Thanks for the update on CM10 btw.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
DJeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 07:16 PM   #94 (permalink)

I haven't really played with it alot but CM10 seemed to be working very nicely that last time I used it. I also haven't tried updating the CM9 install on the TP 4G but I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I still use webOS almost exclusively - just nice to have the options available!
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 05:44 AM   #95 (permalink)

An interesting read Android Jelly Bean resurrected my HP Touchpad

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
noseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 07:29 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
Sorry I have seen this thread fora bit and have been waiting to see if anything was going to come out as an official alpha release like CM9 but havent seen it yet.

Can anyone enlighten me on the actual state of the CM10 release, and also if I currently have CM9 installed with everything working what is the simplest way to update to CM10 and have the Google Play Store?

Thanks for the update on CM10 btw.
I backed up my CM9 then did Cache & Dalvic wipes, then 'updated' to CM10.. then backed that up also.. thus then having a CM9 or CM10 'option'.
Gapps 20121011 did the job with Play Store in CM10 OK for me.
Just download and install it via CWM.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/28/2012 at 07:37 AM.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DJeremyC
Old 11/29/2012, 08:16 AM   #97 (permalink)

quick question:
i've been holding off on installing CM10 because i wanted a super-stable "official" build. however, i'm starting to get anxious and want to install it sooner than planned. if a new, more stable build came along and i wanted to update/upgrade to it, would it be hard to do?
Spaceman Spliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2012, 08:17 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by destro23 View Post
I just installed cm10 and don't seem to have play store... how can i install this?
Download the GAPPS file, put on your TouchPad, reboot, start ClockWorkMod, Install zip from SD card, reboot.
Old 11/29/2012, 09:08 PM   #99 (permalink)

Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on here. I just noticed that a lot of people are having the same problem I had when I first flashed the Jelly Bean rom. My GAPPS broke and the 1011 package refused to install correctly; it would just crash on startup. I don't know if it's been said or not but the fix for this problem is the GAPPS fixer that you can download from Goo.im.

Gapps-fixer - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

Fixes just about every GAPPS related problem.
Old 12/03/2012, 12:51 AM   #100 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Updated with the CM10 camera preview.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0