Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #41  
    Haha wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    its kinda what i was hinting at, theres not enough difference to get excited over, most people still using android on their touchpads just want the wifi stable and voice input/camera working on their current ICS and they will be happy.

i mean, yeah great the "new" android may be faster but what currently do people run on their touchpad/ics that would make it perform abysmally slow?

before i got a 7" android tablet (just for netflix tbh and some random games) everything i ran was fine, i even have a far less powerful tablet for android now and that manages just as well, im going to guess the only thing that would slow down the touchpad would be hardcore 3d games.

Its still the last few niggling issues of hardware that most i suspect want fixed, if jellybean fixes them then awesome, every android/touchpad users cashes in bigtime and their all happy, otherwise id be asking, ok what can i do with jellybean that i couldnt already do on ICS.
    It's not really about speed, it's about smoothness. That slight delay that happens when you open recent apps is gone, all those little stutters or dropped frames? Gone. I don't know how much of that will translate to the Touchpad though.

Besides, since when do we settle for "it works fine" or "it manages just as well?" If that were the case, there'd be no home brew anything, Android, webOS, or otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    It's not really about speed, it's about smoothness. That slight delay that happens when you open recent apps is gone, all those little stutters or dropped frames? Gone. I don't know how much of that will translate to the Touchpad though.

Besides, since when do we settle for "it works fine" or "it manages just as well?" If that were the case, there'd be no home brew anything, Android, webOS, or otherwise.
    true but you could also say why don't we all use iphones and ipads, personally vs android or ios I can say my webOS devices and apps "work just as well".

I'm not going to judge an os just because there may be the occasional frameskip etc be it webos or android.

and as I said earlier I'm not sure about android patches but we get "smoothness" type patches q easily without needing a whole new build. True we have preware for that rather than hp/palm, but android equally has the cyanogen team.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Well android jelly bean 4.1 is the latest version of the android and is great in its performance. Android is a great platform which provides many applications which are user friendly. One can upgrade to the new version and it has the fastest performance.
    No nightlies of CM9 for a while now, looks like dev's must be working on CM10 Jellybean 4.1
    I like playing with android, but my default boot and use is webos, I do use android to fly my ARDrone.
    i for one am really looking forward to CM10 for 2 reasons:

1. Butter. Smoother interface and highly decreased latency for sounds. Some might say, well CM9 is smooth enough. No, you never want to see youself saying something is "good enough" when it comes to tech. Sure you don't want to give up stability, but if something can be better you should want it. It's kind of like the whole SD vs HD argument. For me butter is something that will enhance the overall experience, even though the functionality might not change much.

2. Google Now. Have you seen the videos? It's impressive. I started using voice search on the TP once it got the mic drivers, and I really enjoy it. It is incredibly accurate. Google now will be a very fun and useful tool for me and my wife on our Touchpads.

So yeah, I will be following CM10 touchpad development closely.
  7.    #47  
    Thank you for people who actually are excited for this :-). I'm impressed by the build so far.
  8.    #48  
    So does anyone have any CM10 news?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    BBQLog - CyanogenMod Changelog At least they're working on it. I'll wait a bit to let them work out any bugs.
    all the news you want will be on cyanogens forums/xda/android central, thats where the "proper" android ppl hang and post news, the forum subsections here for android were more for when it was all a new thing to get cm7/9 on the touchpad hardware.

keep checking those other forums for more rapid updates.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  11.    #51  
    Ok ill keep up on the site. Thanks for all of your input.
  12.    #52  
    Wooot
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    It's really not for me (I can't live w/o my sound+hardware accelerated graphics), but this thread hasn't been updated in a while and I figured I'd post the links here. jcsullins's experimental build was posted on goo.im recently.

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-10-20120801-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin-not_ready_yet.zip

NOTE: This build is extremely experimental. Tons of things not working.

"Hardware video and graphics acceleration arenít functional, and neither is audio. The front-facing camera doesnít work, and neither does the microphone. In short, if youíre hoping for some (silent) web browsing and email from your Jelly Bean slate, the TouchPad port should suit; everyone else might want to wait until that list gets pared back." - Slashgear

Gapps

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

XDA Forums official thread

[ROM] Unofficial CM10 Preview by Jcsullins - xda-developers
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  14.    #54  
    Thank you for your post. I updated my thread with an update and installation instructions. Actually can I rename my thread to Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad/ Installation Instructions?
    I'd highly recommend NOT installing any CM10 on the touchpad until they have a more stable release out there in the wild.

The current pre-alpha build floating around isn't just extremely buggy, it's flat-out dangerous . For example, it lacks critical code that allows proper charging - and that includes from a flat battery. A few "early testers" discovered this, much to their dismay, when their devices refused to power back on after a battery drain.

Seeing as the current pre-alphas don't have butter enabled and are massively broken compared to the current CM9, the only people that should be seriously installing it are devs. Feel free to do whatever you like, but if you end up with a table weight instead of a tablet don't say I didn't warn you .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  16.    #56  
    I installed it as an enthusiast lol it really isn't all that bad I like it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    I installed it as an enthusiast lol it really isn't all that bad I like it a lot.
    Yes.. it seems good.. an emcouraging indicator of where Android is going!
    I like it too.. and do Backups to avoid embarassment!

As a bit of an aside - I installed CM10 on my Evo 4g, and it's not particularly impressive. Hoping that the much better hardware in the TouchPad makes a difference, once it's more generally built up for the TP. Also hoping that hardware acceleration gets working on the Evo ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19.    #59  
    Wait, ICS isn't slow on the Touchpad at all :/. Haha
  20.    #60  
    bump
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast