Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Nobody has any idea when they will release 10.. 9 isnt even fully working on the Touchpad yet...

People should be very happy with what they have got...

If you want the latest Android then Buy a Nexus Device they will ALWAYS be updated with the latest Android... even the Samsung Nexus S has the latest Android and thats 2 years old in December!
    The road to success is always under construction
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    why does a few minor modifications like we can get via patching require a whole new release name and some hype?

certainly doesnt look like enough to warrant a named split from regular ICS, its like adding the preware "buttah" or "responsiveness" patches from preware and deciding you now have webOS 3.1.0
    There seem to be more changes than going from webOS 2.1 to 2.2.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearda View Post
    There seem to be more changes than going from webOS 2.1 to 2.2.4.
    buts your point still enforces that it remained webOS, not NeoWebOS or UbérWebOS, still webOS with a version bump, seems a bit daft they didnt just call theirs ICS 4.2, because thats all it is really, just seems a tad overhyped calling it a new name, gives the impression its a whole new beast.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    also does anyone know if android can actually do over the air updates (ive only seen painful update programs on windows from LG which were a nightmare/roulette wheel of success and failure)?, it seemed confusing yet again to me that the likes of the cyanogen team who have the full code at their disposal and seem pretty damned clever didnt use an on-device/inside android mini update for patches, youd think it would cause them less headaches for future updates when dealing with supporting the userbase masses on their forums.
    There's an OTA update setting in CM7, and I think in CM9 (not entirely sure, i don't think i've flipped through all the settings options in CM9), but have no idea if its ever been used, or if it's for CM specifically or for Android in general, or what.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2011 View Post
    That is the default reply for anyone asking for an ETA for anything to do with cyanogenmod. It doesn't actually mean that it will come it in two weeks, it might, but that is just the answer that is always given to any ETA question. (I think, it might be another time period, but I think that it is two weeks.)

edit: Sorry about that, I think I got it into my head that because someone was trolling on rootzwiki replying two weeks to most things it was a de facto response. It isn't.

edit 2: I just looked back, and I saw that it is a standard response to an ETA question.
    i never ask myself so didnt know either, suppose it looks better than soon(tm).
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    also does anyone know if android can actually do over the air updates (ive only seen painful update programs on windows from LG which were a nightmare/roulette wheel of success and failure)?, it seemed confusing yet again to me that the likes of the cyanogen team who have the full code at their disposal and seem pretty damned clever didnt use an on-device/inside android mini update for patches, youd think it would cause them less headaches for future updates when dealing with supporting the userbase masses on their forums.
    If you use GooManager to download nightly builds, and if you have installed the right recovery software, then every reflashing/update is over the air.
  9.    #29  
    Why would the thread be moved? I mean is it not considered Hp Touchpad based?
  10.    #30  
    Ok I understand why, my bad.
    For those of you that haven't had an opportunity to try Jelly Bean, holy crap it's so much smoother than ICS. The difference on my Galaxy Nexus is pretty amazing. It's something to really look forward to.
  12.    #32  
    I will install this when a proper build is released as long as it has the Play Store and a stable Wifi driver.
    CM9 HP Touchpad was named Tenderloin.
    What is the name for HP Touchpad CM10?

update: its still called tenderloin. Later CM build just replace previous builds.
    So we have builds CM7, CM9 and CM10 for tenderloin = HP Touchpad.
    Last edited by Firepower; 11/12/2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Well, Tenderloin is the best cut of port - since JB's main "product" is Project Butter - butter comes from a cow, so how about CM10 is "Filletsteak".

Alan
    Veal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Castro...?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17.    #37  
    Umm...so are people excited about CM10...at all lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Umm...so are people excited about CM10...at all lol
    its kinda what i was hinting at, theres not enough difference to get excited over, most people still using android on their touchpads just want the wifi stable and voice input/camera working on their current ICS and they will be happy.

i mean, yeah great the "new" android may be faster but what currently do people run on their touchpad/ics that would make it perform abysmally slow?

before i got a 7" android tablet (just for netflix tbh and some random games) everything i ran was fine, i even have a far less powerful tablet for android now and that manages just as well, im going to guess the only thing that would slow down the touchpad would be hardcore 3d games.

Its still the last few niggling issues of hardware that most i suspect want fixed, if jellybean fixes them then awesome, every android/touchpad users cashes in bigtime and their all happy, otherwise id be asking, ok what can i do with jellybean that i couldnt already do on ICS.
  19.    #39  
    Well I understand that motion. It's just to me I'm just excited the Touchpad is getting any sort of attention outside of WebOS, but I haven't seen Jellybean in person outside Nexus 7 reviews, but it looks to be a eneough to warrent the update,
    i mean, yeah great the "new" android may be faster but what currently do people run on their touchpad/ics that would make it perform abysmally slow?
    Android.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast