Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    This is a very basic question, but I have a very old version of CM9 on my TouchPad from March 2012. I want to update to Jellybean and I know I need to uninstall the old version first. Will this erase anything on my touchpad on the webOS side? Also I know I have to download the acme unsintaller, is there instructions for the best way to uninstall? Nothing needs to be saved on the android side. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    this is why android needs partitioning etc, so its system doesnt affect webOS, thats what the acmeinstaller etc sorts out, anything that android placed on the webOS /media/internal partition will remain, typically downloads, bits of apps etc but webOS wont be touched provided you follow and use the correct tools. (acme installer/uninstaller etc, or tailor if your doing it manually inside webOS)
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    im gonna install CM10 this weekend, but i have a mac laptop. the videos all show how to install using a windows laptop. do i need windows to do this?
  3.    #203  
    I'm not entirely sure if you do but, there should be mac set ups on youtube....personally im not sure how it works due to not owning a Macintosh computer. But keep vigilante
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
    im gonna install CM10 this weekend, but i have a mac laptop. the videos all show how to install using a windows laptop. do i need windows to do this?
    I've installed mine fully using Terminal in Mac Mini.

Just make sure you've following files in your opt\nova\bin folder (see attachment).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TUFF Stough; 07/12/2013 at 09:55 PM.
  5.    #205  
    There you go :3
    New experimental preview, Good to see JCSullins still working on android for TP
    use at your own risk!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1811480
    Last edited by Firepower; 08/11/2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    New experimental preview, Good to see JCSullins still working on android for TP
    use at your own risk!!!

[ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [BT+sound+camera] [08/08] - xda-developers
    does hint at not being for daily use, just incase newcomers were going to try this first, best use a different one and leave this one for testers.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    7. Is there anything like 'TouchVol' in Android? Would like to be able to boost the low volume.
    The TouchVol dev is working on an Android version.

Got a few questions concerning a potential install:

1. Will the magicJack app work (mic & OS version support) under CM9 or 10? Its the main reason for installing.
    2. If it works^ will CM9 (7-14 nightly) or CM10 (Schizoid AIO) be the better candidate? The app (v2.6.661.3) works w/ Android 2.3 +
    3. I wont update anything post install (the TP isnt mine). Any considerations re official/ unofficial builds?
    4. The usual route is simple enough but should I place it on its own partition? Or is it even necessary (the owner is an older lady).
    5. Im tempted to use Touchpad Tool-kit - Android automated installer. Anyone tried it?
    I've been using the Shizoid rom built from JC Sullins 10.1 rom. It's great. Has the best of ParanoidAndroid and AOKP in it. The 10.1 roms are pretty stable now and much better than 10.0 roms.
  10.    #210  
    To the people waiting im gonna do a refresh of the thread in a bit to see if anything has been updated
    geekpeter and renater like this.
  11.    #211  
    Sorry its taking a bit longer :/
  12.    #212  
    Updated with link to my CM10.1 link
    Last edited by Ventus221; 08/18/2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: updates
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Updated with link to my CM10.1 link
    There are many roms to choose from now.

TouchPad Development - xda-developers

I now using
    [ROM] [RC2] [4.2.2 CM10.1] <KANG>SCHIZOID 2.10 All-in-One [08AUG2013]
    with Paranoid , Pie, Halo and many custom rom settings. This would have to be one of the best roms for TP

[ROM] [RC2] [4.2.2 CM10.1] <KANG>SCHIZOID 2.10 All-in-One [08AUG2013] - xda-developers
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    There are many roms to choose from now.

TouchPad Development - xda-developers

I now using
    [ROM] [RC2] [4.2.2 CM10.1] <KANG>SCHIZOID 2.10 All-in-One [08AUG2013]
    with Paranoid , Pie, Halo and many custom rom settings. This would have to be one of the best roms for TP

[ROM] [RC2] [4.2.2 CM10.1] <KANG>SCHIZOID 2.10 All-in-One [08AUG2013] - xda-developers
    but not all are fully functional for daily use by joe average.
  15.    #215  
    Yeah I just linked to the Unofficial Nightlies as I chose for a Consisitent drop by devs who were actually deveopling on a given time frame. So the unofficial nightlies will be in place until the official ones come up. While on the subject the amont of roms that actually exist is staggering so I just linked to the nearest Nexus like Skinless version I did this even though intially for the Classicnerd Rom was that it was the first version but it has sense been discontinued but I keep it up there for memories.

So my posts are based on.

-Timing.

- Roms called just CM10/ 10.1 Nightlies so no actual named roms/ like Schitzoid etc..

- Being Actively Developed on.
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    but not all are fully functional for daily use by joe average.
    Or his friend Average Joe ;p
    Alright, need some help here.

I'm still on *gasp* CM9. This is subjective but what's the best JB rom to install?
    Also, am I able to back up CM9 apps on say Titanium backup, install JB and restore them?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Alright, need some help here.

I'm still on *gasp* CM9. This is subjective but what's the best JB rom to install?
    Also, am I able to back up CM9 apps on say Titanium backup, install JB and restore them?

Thanks!
    there isnt any "best" version as there is no final non alpha/beta builds of CM9 or 10, so you just have to try various ones and find one that functions as best as you want it too rather than aquiring "the latest" which dont always work well for daily use.

check other peoples posts that actually mention their installs actually working for daily use and try some of them. with regards to backing things up, do you really need too? cant you just goto the app store/my apps and your old apps are listed to re download accross any/all android devices you have.
    there isnt any "best" version as there is no final non alpha/beta builds of CM9 or 10, so you just have to try various ones and find one that functions as best as you want it too rather than aquiring "the latest" which dont always work well for daily use.

check other peoples posts that actually mention their installs actually working for daily use and try some of them. with regards to backing things up, do you really need too? cant you just goto the app store/my apps and your old apps are listed to re download accross any/all android devices you have.

I'm running CM10.1 (jcsullins 08/08) on my Touchpad. Before that I was running CM10. I have noticed that on slower wifi networks, apps that require network access on Android choke big time. However, webOS on the same network works just fine, with minimum choking (Communities might not load correctly on the first try). Case in point, Google Search is almost useless. It takes forever to connect to the server. It is quicker just to open up a browser and search directly from there. Just Type has no issues whatsoever. I have not gotten the Android YouTube app to play a video yet. It opens fine, even loads previews fine, but the videos just sit there "loading" for minutes. I can play the same YouTube videos in the browser on the webOS side and there is minimum to no lag. Zinio takes forever to download a magazine in Android yet Zinio in webOS doesn't have any issues.

I could go on and on, but my point is not to make Android look bad. I want to know if there is a way to make WiFi in CM10 and 10.1 better or at least on par with webOS on the Touchpad. I still have a few months left over here in the land of satellite Internet and Android is giving me too many issues (having apps are nice though).

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Jimbode likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I'm running CM10.1 (jcsullins 08/08) on my Touchpad. Before that I was running CM10. I have noticed that on slower wifi networks, apps that require network access on Android choke big time. However, webOS on the same network works just fine, with minimum choking (Communities might not load correctly on the first try). Case in point, Google Search is almost useless. It takes forever to connect to the server. It is quicker just to open up a browser and search directly from there. Just Type has no issues whatsoever. I have not gotten the Android YouTube app to play a video yet. It opens fine, even loads previews fine, but the videos just sit there "loading" for minutes. I can play the same YouTube videos in the browser on the webOS side and there is minimum to no lag. Zinio takes forever to download a magazine in Android yet Zinio in webOS doesn't have any issues.

I could go on and on, but my point is not to make Android look bad. I want to know if there is a way to make WiFi in CM10 and 10.1 better or at least on par with webOS on the Touchpad. I still have a few months left over here in the land of satellite Internet and Android is giving me too many issues (having apps are nice though).

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    a lot of "android builds" actually modify very little, think of the patches we have thanks to preware, we can do allsorts with a small patch (were pretty spoiled and lucky when compared to android tbh), the same things on android tend to require either (if lucky) a change to build.prop or need a whole new build to be flashed.

with regards to wifi, i think i'd read some issues were fixed by changing a simple build.prop value to a higher number which sucked more battery but had some useful benefit.

there are numerous sites that have supposed usedful changes to build.prop which may or may not be of use depending on the version of android and whos build it is, could be worth a try tho.

heres just a few.

build.prop tweaks for all !!!! - xda-developers
    How to Tweak Your Samsung Galaxy S3's Performance with These "Build.prop" Android Hacks Samsung GS3 softModder
    Build.prop Performance Tweaks - Updated 04.14.2012 - Android Forums

bound to be far better sites with better explanations but most have the same "tweaks" even if the explanations given are different/wrong/inaccurate.

there are other simple tweaks which supposedly "speed" things up such as the windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec setting (depending on what you read that ones not worth setting above 60-90).

http://www.jeffmixon.com/examining-b...-guide-part-1/
    part1 and 2 are/were worth a good read as well.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast