Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #181  
    Its in clock word mod
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Thanks got it.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Ok, I did the clearing of the cache and installing but it did not work. Next I uninstalled Android and then reinstalled it and still I can't see the Android Store app? Is there another way to get the app loaded on the touchpad?
  4.    #184  
    you reinstalled gapps? cleared the cache and it still didnt work?
    Quote Originally Posted by settelma View Post
    Ok, I did the clearing of the cache and installing but it did not work. Next I uninstalled Android and then reinstalled it and still I can't see the Android Store app? Is there another way to get the app loaded on the touchpad?
    you can install all you need using Google Play, or use your browser and browse to play.google.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    you can install all you need using Google Play, or use your browser and browse to play.google.com
    his problem by the looks of it is that he doesnt have the google play icon/app available, if hes installed gapps correctly and it doesnt show it may be a version that just doesnt work for whatever reason, sourcing another version or checking the original version isnt corrupted would be worth a check.

i think on 2 of my chineese allwinner tablets i tried around 3-4 different gapps files before 1 of them eventually worked.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  7.    #187  
    Is the GAPPS working on people who installed the new version of this build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Is the GAPPS working on people who installed the new version of this build?
    It does for me.
    (Clean Install)

Regards
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Ok I down loaded gapps 20121212, once the touchpad rebooted I went into clock mode and deleted the cache by selecting the cache with the Yes option next to it and then rebooted. Still no google play. I also tried this with the one on this post. Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    After a couple of attempts I figured it out. I did not know you had to extract the gaps file separately and assumed it self extracted as the other three files do. Works perfectly now. Thanks for your help!
    Hi all,

I've been monitoring the development of CM for the TP and I have nothing but props and kudos to jcsullins and anyone who has been helping in this effort. My gratitude to you all!!

I am now ready to try this out. I can't remember if I've read anything about backing the WebOS system before proceeding. Is this something that is recommended, needed or even possible? If so, what s/w should I use. Or, is CM10 designed to co-exist with WebOS and I shouldn't worry about completely bricking the TP by installing Android.

Thanks for the help and, again, my sincere appreciation to those involved in this project (Boo!!! HP)
    Okay, I just installed the latest update (my first install of Android) using the steps in the movie, etc and can't find the google apps store. How do I install it?

I keep hearing Clockworkmod, what is that and how does it work?
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Okay, I just installed the latest update (my first install of Android) using the steps in the movie, etc and can't find the google apps store. How do I install it?

I keep hearing Clockworkmod, what is that and how does it work?
    Flash this file using the CMD, then you should be able to access the Clockworkmod on every restart.

This will allow you to install the necessary gapps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Flash this file using the CMD, then you should be able to access the Clockworkmod on every restart.

This will allow you to install the necessary gapps.

That worked most excellently, I would suggest adding it to the first post.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    That worked most excellently, I would suggest adding it to the first post.
    It's actually available already in the other thread, only the link to the CWM need to be repaired.
  16.    #196  
    Ok, so whats missing and is there link problems ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Ok, so whats missing and is there link problems ?
    The only thing missed here is the mentioning of Clockworkmod in the tutorial of CM10, while in the tutorial of CM9, the link of CWM is pointing to no where.

The working one is the one I've posted above.
    Even though I had CM7 installed on my Touchpad for well over a year now, I never really used it. But since my Pre 3 may now be failing me, I thought I'd try out the latest Android on my Touchpad before making the leap to an ANdroid phone. Thus I installed CM10. I am shocked, that although there is some improvement in notifications since since CM7, the rest of the OS still seems as confused and in the dark ages as ever. Although the 'WebOS-like Card Switcher Mod' does make life a little easier. Anyhow, I suppose I will have to learn to live with Android so no point complaining. But I do have a few questions that I just don't understand.

1.What's with this crappy email client in Android? Also, why is there no push mail for gMail in this client? Strangely enough, there is 'push mail' for Hotmail, but not for gMail. Any clues as to why? Any way to get gMail and Yahoo also to push mail?
    2. Why does Google have a separate gMail app? Why can't they just fix the stupid stock app? Seems like they want to force you to use on gMail to get a decent email experience.
    2. Why does my profile now show two devices. A 'HP Touchpad' and a device called 'Unknown Cm_tenderloin'?
    3. Why were my apps and settings from my prior Android (CM7) install not restored in my CM 10 install?
    4. How do I get rid of the device (HP Touchpad) that actually does not exist, from my profile?
    5. How do I then rename 'Unknown Cm_tenderloin' to "HP Touchpad? That is if it is at all possible.
    6. Is there no concept of synergy in Android?
    7. Is there anything like 'TouchVol' in Android? Would like to be able to boost the low volume.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 05/19/2013 at 10:44 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    1, 2, 6, email app, synergy, reasons to stay on webos
    This is a very basic question, but I have a very old version of CM9 on my TouchPad from March 2012. I want to update to Jellybean and I know I need to uninstall the old version first. Will this erase anything on my touchpad on the webOS side? Also I know I have to download the acme unsintaller, is there instructions for the best way to uninstall? Nothing needs to be saved on the android side. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast