I use MuseScore often. Very often. It's an opensource, crossplatform program available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. I have installed Ubuntu under my CM9 install using the "Complete Linux Installer" app available in the marketplace. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and it runs great. I did this with the goal of installing MuseScore, which I successfully did. Problem is, I can't do very much without crashing it. Given that it does launch and can show me the main window and many others (just not preferences, which is what crashes), I assume that it can run okay on the Snapdragon in the TouchPad. I can confirm this belief based on the fact that I asked a question regarding MuseScore on the forums here a while back, and someone running the webOS/Ubuntu chroot said it runs there as well.

The bottom line is that I believe it would be possible to make a simple package into which the source code and binaries of any open source Linux program can be put, packaged, and used on CM9. With my limited knowledge of programming, however, I have no idea where I would start. In theory, I think it would be possible to create a runtime of sorts which can run any Linux program. Anyone else think this is possible? I've looked into it and I can't really find anything.

Download | MuseScore

Any help would be appreciated!