1. L.J
    ive just bought a touchpad 2nd hand
    i dont really know too much about them so ive been trying to read up about them more.
    it came with cyanogenmod 7 i then tried and i think succeeded to update to ics?

my problem now is,
    when plugged in via usb cable to my xp laptop it will not show up in my computer.
    up pops the logo where it says its installing new software but it always fails.
    ive checked the box in storage settings for usb device and its no different.

what do i have to do to get it working?
    <thread moved>

From: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html

if you want to transfer files back and forth from the CM9 touchpad you might have difficulty figuring out how exactly to do it. Here's how you pull it off:

First, tap on your app drawer in the top right of the screen (the little checkerboard). Now, select the "settings" icon.

Now tap on storage on the left-hand pane.

Finally, the tricky part - tap on the 3 squares at the VERY top right of your screen. It will bring down a little drop-down menu for USB computer connection. Tap it and put a checkmark in the "Media Device MTP" box.

Now you can plug your touchpad into the computer at will and transfer files back and forth from it. Easy as pie, I'm not sure why this isn't activated by default, but it's a simple fix if you know what to do.
    Check to see if that's checked off. Welcome to webOS Nation, by the way. There is also our sister site Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers which you can go to for more specific Android issues, but there's a pretty large group of people here that can help you with various other issues. As this is webOS Nation, we have set aside Android on TouchPad as a seperate forum, which I've moved this thread to.

Don't be scared to try out webOS......you might like it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. L.J
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    <thread moved>

From: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html

Check to see if that's checked off. Welcome to webOS Nation, by the way. There is also our sister site Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers which you can go to for more specific Android issues, but there's a pretty large group of people here that can help you with various other issues. As this is webOS Nation, we have set aside Android on TouchPad as a seperate forum, which I've moved this thread to.

Don't be scared to try out webOS......you might like it.
    thanks for the reply
    iv done all you mentioned there thats what i meant when i said ive checked the box in storage settings for usb device and its no different I just didnt know how to describe it better lol
    is there anything else im doing wrong?
  4. L.J
    ok still having problems with my touchpad.
    tonight ive been trying to get the novacom driver installed but it wont install just sits at the initializing stage
    i can go into my computer and explore my touchpad i can see all the folders etc

i was wonderingwould i just be best uninstalling the android system and reinstalling all over again.
    think some of my problems are because i bought the touchpad from someone who had already loaded the android system onto it but i have no idea what they have and have not already installed on it?

is it easy to uninstall?
    can anyone give me some advice on how i would do it?
    i don't think you can have MASS USB Storage on Android with CM9 on the Touchpad, you'd need to boot into webOS for that. The best thing is having it connect as a media device, but you don't seem to get a full view of all the folders.
    I've connected my CM9 TouchPad to my PC, with no issues. L.J it's pretty easy to uninstall, and reinstall Android. Just read that thread by ncinerate. He walks you right through it, with great detail. I'm not sure what your problem is coming from, but if you have an hour and a half to spare, it probably wouldn't hurt and you'll learn something too. Not sure what version you have, but the latest ones have microphone capability. If you don't have that version installed, then that's as good of a reason to uninstall/reinstall. I know there are ways to do it without completely uninstalling, I've never done it personally, but you probably don't have much to lose either.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel