1.    #1  
    To be clear: Novacom is working on the PC. I can see the emulator in WQI, but I can't see the real TouchPad. HP's installer also does not see the TouchPad. The TouchPad is in developer mode.

This all happened because I followed the bad suggestion to do an "app reset". This wiped out nearly everything on the TouchPad. It now functions as a portable web browser, and not much else. I've restarted it several times, nothing helps. The TouchPad is now a closed box.

Will I be able to install Android ICS on this thing? Or is it pretty much dead for any advanced purposes?
    You can Doctor it and restore most of the stuff. I think the Android install is done by membooting, and the only way I know to do that is through Novacom. Put the TP in USB Recovery mode and you should be able to do whatever you need to do. (Sometimes it's useful to have the installer boot image around because you can partition the TP and modify files when your TP won't boot normally. It's like a Ubuntu boot disk for a PC, when you need to do some recovery work.)
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...