webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Android on 4G TouchPad
Android on 4G TouchPad
Like Tree81Likes

Old 11/25/2012, 08:15 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post

New releases of CyanogenMod for the HP TouchPad 4G are available for testing.

See the second post in this thread or here: CyanogenMod 9 and 10 - TouchPad 4G Releases

John
Hey John

Works great on OPTUS in Australia without making any changes to the settings.

Thanks for the fantastic job.
whingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 04:18 PM   #142 (permalink)

Hi John,

Ran into a issue recently.

I had SIMs working for both AT&T and T-Mobile on Alpha3.

I went to another CM9/AOKP ROM for a couple of months.

I've now installed Beta0. However, the TP doesn't seem to recognize either of the SIMs, and I can't seem to save any APNs. When I go to add a new one and click to save, nothing gets saved to the APNs.

I've read through the OneNote doc in the 2nd post, but can't seem to find what I need to do/what I did wrong.

I've checked in WebOS, and both seem to work fine there.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your work!
ilikecl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 07:18 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikecl View Post
Hi John,

I've now installed Beta0. However, the TP doesn't seem to recognize either of the SIMs, and I can't seem to save any APNs. When I go to add a new one and click to save, nothing gets saved to the APNs.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your work!
That seems like pretty unusual behavoir. Did you try the 4G_alpha3 build and get the same behavoir?

Another thing to try. Be sure you have a good backup. Then do a complete data wipe using CMW or TWRP and then flash the 4G_beta0 build to see if that makes a difference. For AT&T you should only have to enter 'broadband' as the APN to get a data connection. You can always reinstall your backup if there are still problems.

Please dump a set of logs as soon as you can after booting the 4G_beta0 and PM them to me.
  • Start Terminal Emulator
  • Type 'su' to get superuser permission
  • Type 'aldtf.sh' to dump a set of logs to /sdcard/logs (compressed file)
John
NewbyJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 12:33 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
That seems like pretty unusual behavoir. Did you try the 4G_alpha3 build and get the same behavoir?

Another thing to try. Be sure you have a good backup. Then do a complete data wipe using CMW or TWRP and then flash the 4G_beta0 build to see if that makes a difference. For AT&T you should only have to enter 'broadband' as the APN to get a data connection. You can always reinstall your backup if there are still problems.

Please dump a set of logs as soon as you can after booting the 4G_beta0 and PM them to me.
  • Start Terminal Emulator
  • Type 'su' to get superuser permission
  • Type 'aldtf.sh' to dump a set of logs to /sdcard/logs (compressed file)
John
I did try with alpha3 again, and got the same behavior. Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup of the previously working alpha3 install. DOH.

I restored my previous non-4g capable backup for the moment, but will give beta0 a try again tomorrow and grab some logs.

As for doing a complete data wipe, I've been using CWM to do erase user data and restore factory default in addition to wiping cache and dalvik. Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!
Old 12/05/2012, 08:19 AM   #145 (permalink)

If some of you are willing to test, I have a CM9 TP 4G test build that includes the camera patches and some additional MBM HAL 4.0.0.0 Beta test patches. Works on my TP but could have problems on yours. As always - backup first. Let me know what happens if you give it a try.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98345983/CM9...tenderloin.zip

ilikecl: Looks like you are wiping all the data. Only other suggestion is to try this build which includes some SIM patches that could possibly help with your problem. Really have no idea until I see your logs.

John
Liked by yorxs likes this.
Old 12/05/2012, 10:49 AM   #146 (permalink)

Hi John,

I updated CWM, as I seemed to have been using a 5.x version, and I also installed the Beta linked above.

Seems I'm still having the same issue of the SIMs not being recognized and unable to save any APNs. Additionally, not sure if it makes a difference, I also tried Fix Permissions in CWM.

For reference, the non-4g capable ROM I've been using is the AOKP&CM9 Remix from XDA by SGA, and I've run SuperCharger as well.

I've dumped a set of logs and PM'ed them to you as well.

Many thanks again for looking into this!
Old 12/05/2012, 09:23 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikecl View Post
Hi John,

I updated CWM, as I seemed to have been using a 5.x version, and I also installed the Beta linked above.

Seems I'm still having the same issue of the SIMs not being recognized and unable to save any APNs. Additionally, not sure if it makes a difference, I also tried Fix Permissions in CWM.

For reference, the non-4g capable ROM I've been using is the AOKP&CM9 Remix from XDA by SGA, and I've run SuperCharger as well.

I've dumped a set of logs and PM'ed them to you as well.

Many thanks again for looking into this!
ilikecl:

Took a look at your logs and see that the problem is that the kernel included with the TP 4G builds is not getting loaded. The kernel running is the one from the non-4G capable ROM. It is not compatible with the rest of the build.

I am not sure why this is happening. Maybe someone else could explain what could prevent the new kernel from getting flashed with the rest of the build?

Anyway, one option that will probably work is to remove Android using ACMEUninstaller and reinstall a fresh instance of Android using ACMEInstaller3. After running ACMEUninstaller and before installing a new instance, you may also need to remove the remaining Android files in the /boot directory using the WebOS PreWare Android uninstall program. In this case, you will also need to reinstall moboot and CWM.

John

Last edited by NewbyJE; 12/05/2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Added option to remove additional Android files
Thanked By: ilikecl
Old 12/05/2012, 11:10 PM   #148 (permalink)

I think it might be happening if his /boot partition is running out of space.
• HTC One (T-Mobile)
• Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
• Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
gamer765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by ilikecl, NewbyJE
Old 12/06/2012, 01:34 AM   #149 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for helping to identify the problem and that it was the kernel. Turns out my boot partition WAS running out of space, causing the error. I had to manually go in and get things fixed up, and incidentally found a post from John from last year describing a similar problem.

Moboot ended up starting the old AOKP kernel, which is why I was seeing all the weird behavior.

I've now installed the Beta1 and all seems to be recognized fine. I'll report back any other major issues or bugs I find.

Thanks again!
Old 12/11/2012, 10:56 PM   #150 (permalink)

I just wanted to thank NewbyJE for all his efforts in making Android ROMs for the 4g, but I'm back to my WiFi-only Touchpad now, so I've switched to the CM nightlies.

Coincidentally, if anyone wants to pick up a Touchpad 4g, PM me thru the forum.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:48 PM   #151 (permalink)

Merry Christmas to you all. The only problem I'm having so far is when i switch to 120 or 132 dpi, chrome browser doesnt work. Thanks to John for all his effort in making this possible on the 4G.
ceejayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 05:38 PM   #152 (permalink)

Are these the latest CM9 and CM10 for the touchpad 4G?

cm-9-MBM_Beta-20121204-4g_beta1-tenderloin.zip
cm-10-MBM_Beta-20121027-4g_alpha0-tenderloin.zip

specially for the CM10 what is missing? I have been reading and I am not clear yet. Also, I have been reading about battery charging issues with CM10, does this version solve that problem? I worry because the touchpad may be bricked.
Will the cm10 have camera and mic? the cm9?
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 05:52 PM   #153 (permalink)

cm-9-MBM_Beta-20121204-4g_beta1-tenderloin is the latest that I know of for CM9. - mic and camera works, so does everything else... happy with this build.

I have not tried to install CM10 yet...
Old 12/28/2012, 09:43 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
Are these the latest CM9 and CM10 for the touchpad 4G?

cm-9-MBM_Beta-20121204-4g_beta1-tenderloin.zip
cm-10-MBM_Beta-20121027-4g_alpha0-tenderloin.zip
For anyone who's upgraded the MBM in their Touchpad 4G to the Sierra MC7700 / 7710 LTE module, there's also:

cm-9-Sierra-20121208-4g_alpha1-tenderloin.zip

PM NewbyJE for the download link.

TTB
Old 12/29/2012, 11:38 AM   #155 (permalink)

Any one found the "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." error?
I installed cm-9-MBM_Beta-20121204-4g_beta1-tenderloin.zip on a brand new 4G
I do not remember seeing that error at first, and it was not connecting to the data network.
I pulled out the sim and reinserted it. then started having this error.
Going back to WebOs, everything is fine.
I already wiped the cache and reisntalled the cm-9-MBM_Beta-20121204-4g_beta1-tenderloin.zip using cwm but the problem still is there.

How can I troubleshoot/recover from this?

Thanks
Old 12/29/2012, 02:04 PM   #156 (permalink)

Did you duel boot WebOS and Android and did you install a solid non buggy version of android? Won't be able to help you unless I know this.
Eantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2012, 02:19 PM   #157 (permalink)

@pepebuho: It's the same error I encountered a few months ago. My sim works fine in WebOS but it gives me that exact error when on Android. after i sent my logs and they reviewed it... my sim card is one of those old legacy sims that android hates... after replacing my sim card = no more error.

it is listed as an issue here
Old 12/29/2012, 02:38 PM   #158 (permalink)

ceejay, Is there any way to stop the message at least until I have time to have my SIM card changed? How do I tell appart SIMS vs USIM?
Old 12/29/2012, 03:08 PM   #159 (permalink)

if i remember it right, i had it go away by turning mobile data off + airplane mode or something like that then reboot, i cant remember exactly but it does go away. I have no clue as to how to tell from your network provider, from my experience, the old sim was one of those sims with low memory (16K), i couldnt physically tell each other apart, my new sim was marked with 64K memory...
Old 12/29/2012, 06:24 PM   #160 (permalink)

hmmm. Is there any WebOS program that might tell me how much memory there is on a SIM?
Don't t remember seeing any that does that.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0