Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    I'm having 2 problems. What is or were can I find the proper APN settings for ATT? The 2nd is my 4g is running cm-9-SNAPSHOT-20120904-4g_alpha3-tenderloin and is having spontaneous reboot issues.
    Any suggestions.
    I'll try to re-install alpha3.
    I'm having 2 problems. What is or where can I find the proper APN settings for ATT? The 2nd is my 4g is running cm-9-SNAPSHOT-20120904-4g_alpha3-tenderloin and is having spontaneous reboot issues.
    Any suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charley1g View Post
    I'm having 2 problems. What is or where can I find the proper APN settings for ATT? The 2nd is my 4g is running cm-9-SNAPSHOT-20120904-4g_alpha3-tenderloin and is having spontaneous reboot issues.
    Any suggestions.
    Hi Charley1g:

The full AT&T APN values are:
    • Name: ATT TouchPad
    • APN: broadband
    • Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    • Password: CINGULAR1
    • Server: wap.cingular
    • MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    • MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    • MMS Port: 80
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 410
    • APN Type: default,supl,mms
    • APN Protocol: IPv4

Note that: 1) you can use any Name you like and 2) the Username, Password, and Server are probably not necessary.

With regard to reboots, this is a hit and miss issue with CM9. Some people have more problems than others. Most folks running 4g_alpha3 report fewer reboots. If you have the current Gapps installed and can access PlayStore, it may settle down after a few reboots.

John
    which gapps file is compatible with the latest build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank496 View Post
    which gapps file is compatible with the latest build?
    The latest Gapps is always here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

For CM9 it is the one dated 20120429.

John
    oooh John, cant wait to see what you're brewing "XX October 2012 - CM9: 4g_beta0 & CM10: 4g_alpha0"
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    Hi Charley1g:

The full AT&T APN values are:
    • Name: ATT TouchPad
    • APN: broadband
    • Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    • Password: CINGULAR1
    • Server: wap.cingular
    • MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    • MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    • MMS Port: 80
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 410
    • APN Type: default,supl,mms
    • APN Protocol: IPv4

Note that: 1) you can use any Name you like and 2) the Username, Password, and Server are probably not necessary.

With regard to reboots, this is a hit and miss issue with CM9. Some people have more problems than others. Most folks running 4g_alpha3 report fewer reboots. If you have the current Gapps installed and can access PlayStore, it may settle down after a few reboots.

John
    Thanks! That worked like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charley1g View Post
    I'm having 2 problems. What is or were can I find the proper APN settings for ATT? The 2nd is my 4g is running cm-9-SNAPSHOT-20120904-4g_alpha3-tenderloin and is having spontaneous reboot issues.
    Any suggestions.
    My touchpad would reboot as soon as soon goes the screen turns off and goes to sleep. (20x within an hour) I found an app called "wake lock-powermanager" and it solves the reboot issues, I just can't find a way to run the app on boot.
    I have the same problem as brizmontay, above. When the TP in Android goes to sleep, turning it back on forces a reboot. Sometimes the tablet will reboot on its own (trying to wake up?), but if I turn it off at the power button or leave it alone for more than a few minutes, it will cycle.

This seems to happen more often when the battery is less than 50%, but it happens when the battery is well-charged, too.

I'll have to look for the program he mentions above. I reinstalled CM9_alpha3 from scratch to try and beat the reboot problem, but it's still there. If the program mentioned solves the problem, that'd be great. Everything else works well, and it's great to have some of the better science programs in Android for teaching.

I'm looking forward to the beta coming out. Thanks to everyone working on it for your efforts. I know this is a small group, but we all appreciate the work you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by brizmontay View Post
    My touchpad would reboot as soon as soon goes the screen turns off and goes to sleep. (20x within an hour) I found an app called "wake lock-powermanager" and it solves the reboot issues, I just can't find a way to run the app on boot.
    A common cause of reboots is related to the Q6 DSP (audio processor). The Q6 watchdog bite gets into an invalid state or hangs. When this happens it purposely causes the reboot. Q6 watchdog bite reboots mostly happen during sleep or on the Touchstone, or just comming out of sleep. It can happen rarely to anyone; however, some experience it more often or even frequently (like appears to be your situation). It is likely due to some sort of hardware or firmware differences.

To tell if this is your problem, you can look at your klog files (/proc/last_klog). If this is the cause you should see "Watchdog bite received from Q6! Rebooting."

One fix is to disable libaudio.so (in /system/lib); however, this will kill the audio. It is possible it will be fixed if CM for TouchPad eventually moves to a 3.0.X Linux kernel.

It is interesting that "wake lock-powermanager" seems to help. If you confirm that you have the Q6 watchdog bite reboot problem and this app corrects it, please report back the specific steps you took. This may help provide a clue as to the cause and a solution.

John
    Last edited by NewbyJE; 10/23/2012 at 08:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Well, reboots/lockups on sleep started to happen to me too. Started around last Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I'm guessing it's app-related and we've all received some app update around that time.

Is anyone else with the reboot problem using Nova Prime?

I wanted to remove all the apps and start restoring them one by one to see which one is giving me problems, but when I started the TiBackup it would only show me one single user app even tho there're quite a few of them in the /data/app on my device.

So let's try to narrow down the reason for reboots but it's safe to say it is caused by an app and not a ROM as it's been running flawlessly for a few months.
    I disabled wakelock then I let the touchpad reboot by itself. I then checked my klog files, I didn't see any problems related to the q6 watchdog. I also disabled the libaudio.so file and the reboot issues were still there.

I forgot to mention that my touchpad doesn't reboot if I'm playing music, browsing the web, or just keeping the screen awake. The reboot issues only happens when the device goes to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by brizmontay View Post
    I disabled wakelock then I let the touchpad reboot by itself. I then checked my klog files, I didn't see any problems related to the q6 watchdog. I also disabled the libaudio.so file and the reboot issues were still there.

I forgot to mention that my touchpad doesn't reboot if I'm playing music, browsing the web, or just keeping the screen awake. The reboot issues only happens when the device goes to sleep.
    It sounds like you have a different issue where the TP reboots whenever a wake occurs during deep sleep. What setting are you using in wake lock-powermanager?

Also, I see that the current version of wakelock-powermanager has an 'Autostart on boot' option setting.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    It sounds like you have a different issue where the TP reboots whenever a wake occurs during deep sleep. What setting are you using in wake lock-powermanager?

Also, I see that the current version of wakelock-powermanager has an 'Autostart on boot' option setting.

John
    I am using the level 4 setting " Partial Wake lock".
    I am confused as to if a build exists with 4G functionality as well as the new camera patch, or if I need to patch the latest nightly to make my own.
    if you want camera support as well as 4G functionality, you will need to compile CM9 yourself and cherrypick the camera enabling patches manually. Just a note, after NewbyJE updated his git repo recently, compiling CM9 fails. I have not taken the time to debug it, but just want to say that my build environment is clean and source is clean (all previous cherrypicks/patches removed prior to recompile)
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    brizmontay, krotech -- I'm sure our problems are third-party (or maybe google) app-related as my install has been working flawlessly for a few months.

I've removed most of the non-essential stuff -- I can't just remove all because Titanium Backup only reports one app installed so I can't back them up. Actually, given the problems with TiBackup I should probably try to remove it first.

What kind of apps do you have installed and are you experiencing any issues with them?
    Theyre probably still using the alphas which rebooted constantly. Everytime the screen turns off, the TouchPad would reboot. The beta is much more stable and I havent had a reboot in a long time. I feel confident to let my TouchPad sleep and know it wont spontaneously reboot.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Any idea when a alpha_4 may be out? or better yet a beta? with camera support?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Theyre probably still using the alphas which rebooted constantly. Everytime the screen turns off, the TouchPad would reboot. The beta is much more stable and I havent had a reboot in a long time. I feel confident to let my TouchPad sleep and know it wont spontaneously reboot.
    Of course they are, as the latest 4g-specific build is alpha 3.