Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    John,

I have a Touchpad 4G and I've installed Alpha 2.

Last night, I replaced the Ericsson 5221 with a Sierra MC7700 LTE Module. Everything works great in webOS including 4G LTE/HSPA+ connectivity, however in CM9 there's no connectivity with mobile networks. I can manually search for them, but nothing is found. I don't think CM9 see's the Sierra data card. Wi-Fi still working great in CM9.

I haven't changed anything in either OS with one exception, and this part applies to webOS only, not CM9 - needed to use Impostah in webOS to set the device ID to the IMEI of the Ericsson 5221 which was in the device previously (to keep the existing HP/Palm webOS profile for this device happy). Other than that, the new Sierra LTE module came up and connected in webOS as I expected it would - webOS has the device drivers for both the Ericcson and the Sierra modules included in version 3.x.x.

I've previously located the Sierra Wireless support page with instructions on how to set up MBM device drivers for use in Linux,
    Sierra Wireless - Support Center
    Also found "How to install drivers on Android 4.0" on the Sierra Wireless Developer website:
    Sierra Wireless Developer Forum • View topic - how to install drivers on android 4.0

I'm downloading the MC7700 drivers for linux kernel 2.6.35 now. Still need to compile and install - yikes!

Thanks,
    TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 07/28/2012 at 03:43 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hi TTB:

Traveling this weekend and away from my development machine. The MBM HAL in the CM9 for 4G uses Ericsson specific commands, so I am not surprised it does not work. The hardware drivers you found for Sierra are already in the kernel and should be working. If not, it is pretty easy to get them turned on. The problem is the HAL needs to be specific for Sierra. I have not been able to get the right contact at Sierra and even then I have heard that you have to beg and sign a NDA to get the RIL and GPS HAL code.

You might be able to use the RIL HAL version available here: https://github.com/aferre/sierra-ril if you compile your own version of CM9. Let me know if you want to try and I will try to help.

John
    You guys are the best hackers. We in this community thrive because of you guys. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I'm downloading the MC7700 drivers for linux kernel 2.6.35 now. Still need to compile and install - yikes!)
    TTB: Please check your PMs.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    TTB: Please check your PMs.

John
    Sorry been tied up with work all week. Just checked and replied.

John, You're da man! Thank you

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've had alpha 3.5 of the regular CM9 on my 4G and then I wiped everything and installed James'es alpha 2 made for the 4G. I have a huge problem with the frequent reboots when TP is on the Touchstone dock and occasional lock-ups.

Anyone else is experiencing any issues? Any ideas how to resolve them (short of wiping everything with the ACMEUninstall and installing Android from scratch)?

Also, does anyone know if we should expect any more CM9 builds for 4G or has all the work been focused om CM10?

Thanks!
    I've had alpha 3.5 of the regular CM9 on my 4G and then I wiped everything and installed James'es alpha 2 made for the 4G. I have a huge problem with the frequent reboots when TP is on the Touchstone dock and occasional lock-ups.

Anyone else is experiencing any issues? Any ideas how to resolve them (short of wiping everything with the ACMEUninstall and installing Android from scratch)?

Also, does anyone know if we should expect any more CM9 builds for 4G or has all the work been focused om CM10?

Thanks!
    I have also noticed the last build to be unstable. Have had spontaneous resets.

-- Sent from my 4G Touchpad using Communities
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    James,

could you please-please-please make the CM9 Final build for our 4G Touchpads?

Thanks!
    Alpha 3 is available - download link on the first page in this thread. Thanks!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Alpha 3 is available - download link on the first page in this thread. Thanks!
    There is no new release.

Goo.im crashed during an update last night and developers had to re-upload their files. In the process James Sullins accidently uploaded a version that was actually a much older build. Some folks (including myself) downloaded it thinking it was a new release. The original 4g_alpha2 has been restored to his goo.im folder.

John
    Is a very good website, I would recommend to my friends.
    Find new Free Android game/APP Download. From Bestshareware Androids market Software
    I havent had spontaneous resets, but I'm still on alpha2. I have to say I find android on the TP 4G is much more useful now..using whatsapp messenger is freaking sweet and the fact that I can send text messages direct from the device is brilliant. I just wish the new version of flipboard would work!

As much as I love webos, sending texts and whatsapp messenger bring me to android more often than I would have thought.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    With development for CM10 starting, will the 4G code be included in CM10 builds? Or will there be a patch for future builds?
    With development for CM10 starting, will the 4G code be included in CM10 builds? Or will there be a patch for future builds?
    thats a good question... Will wait for an answer as well :-)

-- Sent from my 4G Touchpad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    thats a good question... Will wait for an answer as well :-)
    A CM10 4G release will be issued shortly after a stable CM10 alpha release is available for the standard HP TouchPad.

In the meantime, there will be additional CM9 4G releases as the MBM code is fine tuned. These releases will also include all current changes committed to the standard CM9 repository.

For the foseeable future, all 4G releases will be made available on jcsullins goo.im site.

John
    Thanks for the update.

So as of now, the CM9 alpha2 is the latest 4G build?
    Did the touchpad ship with both ? What's the diff ? Pros and cons for each ?
    First, i want to say a big thank you to the makers of this rom and to those involved in developing. Touchpad 4G is still my favorite tablet dispite all those competitors.

I found 2 small bugs with the Alpha 2 release,

1st, the carrier name is not correctly displayed, Although i am connected fine and the H icon shows traffice, it shows No Service instead of the Carrier Name besided the H icon.Picture attached. I am using China Unicom. In WebOS it is displayed fine. It is a small one so i can live with that perfectly fine.

2nd, the system may sometimes auto reboot. It is not happening very frequently and it appears to only reboot once from power cycle, so i can live with that too.

Again , kudo to all of us keeping our Touchpad stronger everyday!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by machbaba View Post
    1st, the carrier name is not correctly displayed, Although i am connected fine and the H icon shows traffice, it shows No Service instead of the Carrier Name besided the H icon.Picture attached. I am using China Unicom. In WebOS it is displayed fine. It is a small one so i can live with that perfectly fine.
    China Unicom is in the Android APN database. Not sure why your are seeing 'No Service" What shows up when you go to : Settings, Data usage, More..., Mobile Networks, Network Operators? (may take a while searching).

2nd, the system may sometimes auto reboot. It is not happening very frequently and it appears to only reboot once from power cycle, so i can live with that too.
    This can happen, may be better when 4g_alpha3 is released.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    China Unicom is in the Android APN database. Not sure why your are seeing 'No Service" What shows up when you go to : Settings, Data usage, More..., Mobile Networks, Network Operators? (may take a while searching).

It is strange that in the Settings - Network Operators, it does how carrier name China Unicom correctly.

But in notification area, just No Service, although connection is working fine.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast