Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Battery longevity.

I wonder, Is three hours too short to go from 100% to about 12% battery level?

I am using CM11-MBM-L-20141102-4g-beta6_3.0-tenderloin.

JP
    It depends on what you've done, but in general I would think it is to short...
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    pepebuho:

I have seen this happen before when something happens to corrupt an installed app. Doubt it is anything malicious.

John
    Happend to me today, too. I think John is right with his suspicious
    Influenist: Makes sense and seems to confirm problem. Once GPS gets good AGPS data, it should return good fixes for a period of time (several days to weeks). You may have obtained good AGPS data through CM10 and it remained after re-installing cm11. Have been away over the holidays and have not been able to chase down problem with mbm-service yet.
    The GPS was only working on initial boot. Sadly after it haven't been running since. Any updates on this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenist View Post
    The GPS was only working on initial boot. Sadly after it haven't been running since. Any updates on this issue?
    Hi Influenist:

My development system was down for a while, but is now rebuilt (and much faster). I will get back to work on fixing GPS and WiFi HotSpot over the next couple of weeks.
    Android for the HP TouchPad 4G

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM11
    TP 32Gb 4G (Sierra). 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb WiFi. 3.0.5 / CM10

pepebuho likes this.
    Hi Influenist:

My development system was down for a while, but is now rebuilt (and much faster). I will get back to work on fixing GPS and WiFi HotSpot over the next couple of weeks.
    Hi NewbyJE,

Good to see you here and glad to see you've managed to keep the Android on 4G Touchpad effort afloat. I'd been away from WOSN for awhile, focusing my efforts on work and some xda projects for my SM-T235.

Now that I am back in webOSwonderland again, I see there's now multiple donors willing to provide you with your own touchpad GO if you would first use it to complete the ics build for shortloin JC sullins had begun putting together for the touchpad GO. As I recall, pretty much everything is done except working radio and working audio. The GO specs are quite similar to the 4g specs.

TP GO enthusiasts here would be completely happy to have an ICS build (not necessary or expected for you to maintain this ICS build or bump it up to JB,KK, or LP. Just get ICS working on the GO, and keep the GO. So far, the only thing resembling Android that runs on the device is a hacked Touchpad WiFI ACL version, we'd be just fine with ICS without any promise of build maintenance. I know that's a huge part of developing and we are not asking to put that burden on ya.

Send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the hardware, but I'd need you to contact JC sullins to get the image of his ICS build for shortloin.

Thanks in advance as I'm hoping you'll take this one on for us.

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/28/2015 at 01:08 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Oh man that would be awesome. I could rid my Go of ACL for webOS for good.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Oh man that would be awesome. I could rid my Go of ACL for webOS for good.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    TTB: Good to hear from you.

TTB, Alan, Mutoidl: Not sure I am up to it (time or skill). I know you guys have been waiting a long time. I will try getting in touch with James and see what is left to do (kernel, device drivers, etc.) and what issues he ran up against. Might be willing to give it a 'go' if it is close, but no promises. Will let you know if I think I can.

All three of my TP GOs thank you in advance for any efforts made!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    My Go's are happy too and waiting in anticipation! Let me know in case you need anything hardware wise or testing wise!

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Mutoidi and TopTongueBarry like this.
    The guy that does Evervolv for TouchPad (flintman) has put some effort into getting Lollipop up with 4G, but has been too busy keeping up with the Lollipop updates to make headway. It seems that it does recognize the modem and sim, but there's been some problems with getting the rest of the stack to work.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Has anyone been able to make web whatsapp work? The touchpad does not have a rear camera. How do I force whatsap to scan the code using the front camera?
    Hi NewbyJE:

How about a little update with this battery issue as you mention it in your "TP4G CM11 Kitkat Release Notes":

However, the MBM is waking more frequently than it should and is consuming power during sleep. This is still a work in process to be incorporated/fixed in future releases.
    God...my battery drains so faster even if I'm on airplane mode...

Please update this!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    My TP4G (2 of them) are still in use to this day, thanks to the efforts of our devs. Hello everyone!
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    John, have you done any work on this in the past year? I have your latest data media build and the battery drain on the Android side is quite extreme.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Handspring Visor -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Developer Day Pre 2
    32Gb Touchpad, 32Gb Touchpad 4G w/ CM10 onboard
    Pre 3 waiting in the wings for a good reason to switch
    Quote Originally Posted by jbates View Post
    John, have you done any work on this in the past year? I have your latest data media build and the battery drain on the Android side is quite extreme.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I took on a large project this year and have had no time for Android development. JCSullins recent releases (Nov 2015) started me looking at updating my build. Other updates I tried earlier this year, when I was able, did not seem as stable as the build from last November. I just did a test build with JCSullins updated kernel and it looks like the battery draw is better (<60 ma at times). I am testing and if it seems to be stable, I will post an updated build. I have a little time over the holidays so hopefully it will be soon -- if it is stable.

John

I took on a large project this year and have had no time for Android development. JCSullins recent releases (Nov 2015) started me looking at updating my build. Other updates I tried earlier this year, when I was able, did not seem as stable as the build from last November. I just did a test build with JCSullins updated kernel and it looks like the battery draw is better (<60 ma at times). I am testing and if it seems to be stable, I will post an updated build. I have a little time over the holidays so hopefully it will be soon -- if it is stable.

John
    Hey John! Welcome back :-) I never did get around to getting my 4G working, but now I have 3x 4Gs :-) I've been running 5.1.1 on the one I use. 4.4 all the way up to 5.1.1 all have that same issue that I ran into with your old ROM, having OK Google detection turned on at all causes the entire thing to blow up. Something to do with the audio, when something opens the microphone, everything goes all weird. Not sure if anyone's 6.x work has managed to fix that.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!

John
    I completely understand things getting in the way. I can go a month without touching the Touchpad at all, then I need it for a few weeks at work, then nothing. All I do with it at this point is annotate pdfs to keep track of things at work. If I don't have to make changes myself, I keep it in the WebOS side as the battery will last all day.

Not so much on the Android side, it sucks down power constantly. Since I don't spend much time with it I haven't even tried to see what is doing the most draw so I can't even help you troubleshoot the issue.

I can't believe you have time over the holidays to spend on this! My wife has me scheduled pretty heavily any day I get off, holidays included, so more power to you.

The current build seems very stable, though occasionally it will not come out of sleep and I need to do the 60 second button hold down thing to get it to kick over.

Thanks for even thinking about another update. You are keeping ancient (in tech lifetimes!!) hardware useful.
    Handspring Visor -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Developer Day Pre 2
    32Gb Touchpad, 32Gb Touchpad 4G w/ CM10 onboard
    Pre 3 waiting in the wings for a good reason to switch
    It doesn't seem like there's been anyone keeping up on 4G updates, so I've come back here. :-) I've been thinking about installing a TouchPad in my car ("ancient" tech for an "ancient" car.. right? 1998 :-) ) as an on-board computer, and it'd be really neat to have everything working, even if it's not a 6.x release.

also, have a/some 4Gs and Gos that could be contributed.
    Last edited by eblade; 03/18/2016 at 08:26 AM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I'm going to test my 4g tp GPS this weekend for you.

Sent from my Yotaphone 2 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE