Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    The 4.4 build is definitely smoother on my TP4G during "normal" operations than my 4.1? i think build on my regular TouchPad. I'm hoping some stability gains can be made, I'm afraid I'm not much help now in describing the problems, because it just seems like it locks up on me at random. And rarely. But it happens. :-)

Sometimes when Flixi runs is a trigger .. but Daydream mode doesn't seem to trigger very frequently, no matter if I'm charging from a Touchstone or a regular USB cord.. (although I don't think the Android drivers are able to tell the difference... I could be wrong there) so I have Daydream mode set to come up regardless of the charger.. but it rarely comes up. Sometimes when it does, it triggers Flixi, and it locks. Other times it just locks at the lock screen. And it's hours or even days between locks sometimes.

The battery drain does seem to be a little excessive, but I'm not complaining about that.. it's quite fine for my purposes normally.. especially since I am usually around a touchstone or 5.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hi Peeps,

I'm new to the 4G scene but I must say it seems very mature.

# GPS
    I tested the latest build and all seems to be running smooth, apps, Google Now, CM11 themes, BT streaming. But only I can't seem to get a GPS lock in Goolge Maps or Nav. I couldn't find any related info in the read-me section except that it should also work with locked Ericcson cards. Is this a known issue, or what is your advice?

I have installed:
    - update-PhilZ_CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612
    - cm-11-MBM_L-20141102-4g_beta6_3.0-tenderloin
    - gapps-kk-20140606-signed

# Upgrading / Downgrading
    Furthurmore I would like to know what your advise is regarding reinstalling / upgrading / downgrading. I now used TPtoolbox and cleaned the whole device (LVM). But I guess this is bad for my NAND. Please let me know your advice on this matter.

Recently removed the dust from my wifi TP and found out that the stock HP case for it fits seamless with my car navi. . So I grabbed a TP 4G from ebay and now trying to work this out

Thanks for the help.
    eblade likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenist View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    Hi influenist:

GPS - Woops Was working in some earilier builds, but I must have busted it, not working now. Thanks for pointing this out. I will figure out what went wrong and fix in the next build.

Generally, when going from one version of CM to another (ex. CM10 to CM11) you should wipe system, data, and cache 'patitions". Do the same when moving from one platform to another (ex. Evervolve to CM). Also, you need to be careful going from a datamedia build to a non-datamedia build, you could wipe your SD Card. Otherwise, you can just install the ROM and wipe cache. Generally, you never need to completely wipe the device (ex. WebOS).
    Android for the HP TouchPad 4G

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM11
    TP 32Gb 4G (Sierra). 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb WiFi. 3.0.5 / CM10

Hey, I took the 4G out with me on my most recent business trip, and it seems to be working mostly alright. Some random reboots that aren't normal with my 4.1 build on my regular WiFi. It's certainly smoother than the 4.1 build. Still haven't actually tried data on it (left my sim card/activation package at home, oops) .. Have -not- installed the Google Now launcher, and it's been fine without it.

so.. 5.0? haha :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    hi,
    i found that the volume keys are reversed (didn't report it before), but in moboot they seem working fine.
    anyone else having that problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by omareljindi View Post
    hi,
    i found that the volume keys are reversed (didn't report it before), but in moboot they seem working fine.
    Yes, reversed volume keys are in the standard CM11 distribution. I will add jcsullin's option to switch volume keys in next build.

Got a deal for HP Touchpad 4G for $100 in near NEW condition, so grabbed one! I thought of getting one before the Jan 15 shutdown to get a piece of history for generations to tell. Wow, this is built like a tank!

Installed Android. I want to use as a GPS Navagation device, saw Kitkat has GPS broken, so installed latest JB version.

I had to struggle to get this installed, Used proven method of CLI ACMEInstaller3

Now everything is up used HP TouchPad 4G - Home
    CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean) cm-10-MBM_L-20140119-4g_beta5-tenderloin.zip
    gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    Recovery (non-datamedia)
    update-CWM-jcs-nodm-tenderloin-20140614.zip
    Install
    Install Package (ACMEInstaller3, ACMEUninstaller, moboot_0.3.8.zip)

I would like to keep webOS and see what happens, i had lot of veer in past, so has a nostalgia to webOS.

NewbyJE: Can you please look into the GPS issue? This is a big deal for me. Thanks! I am amazed at the geeky wok done by the volunteers. Awesome. I use Garmin Navigon (paid and not so good) and Nokia HERE for Android (awesome and free). Will switch to KK once we have GPS support.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Saw some reports in the Lollipop thread on XDA that it was most definitely Google Now Launcher that was blowing up KitKat builds.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Saw some reports in the Lollipop thread on XDA that it was most definitely Google Now Launcher that was blowing up KitKat builds.
    Can you guys please help me out, my touchpad 4g always ends up losing network after flashing the cm-10 sierra rom. How can I fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Romswiimii View Post
    Can you guys please help me out, my touchpad 4g always ends up losing network after flashing the cm-10 sierra rom. How can I fix this?
    If you have a normal touchpad 4g that you did not open to change the wireless card from erricson to sierra, then you have to run the standard erricson build not sierra.
    Quote Originally Posted by i280 View Post
    NewbyJE: Can you please look into the GPS issue?
    I have not had much time to work on it recently, but getting close to a fix. The reason I had thought it was working is that it is seeing the satellites, just not getting a proper fix (most of the time) because AGPS is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    I have not had much time to work on it recently, but getting close to a fix. The reason I had thought it was working is that it is seeing the satellites, just not getting a proper fix (most of the time) because AGPS is broken.
    Found I myself this was indeed the fact. I'm able to have connection with 8+ satellites, thought lock it happening from time to time just for a couple of seconds. Can't you use A-gps from other CM 11 builds? Which hardware device is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenist View Post
    Found I myself this was indeed the fact. I'm able to have connection with 8+ satellites, thought lock it happening from time to time just for a couple of seconds. Can't you use A-gps from other CM 11 builds? Which hardware device is it?
    Ok. The strange thing is that I moved back for cm10 for a evening to see how that looked like and to check the hotspot / tether function. As I totally do not like the previous Andriod UI I moved back to cm11. While I just opened the google maps app while driving is was surprised to have a sustainable lock and be able to use navigation all the way. I'll check tomorrow if this is still the fact, but this might be a result of the settings changes I made using SQLexplorer light.
    Influenist: Makes sense and seems to confirm problem. Once GPS gets good AGPS data, it should return good fixes for a period of time (several days to weeks). You may have obtained good AGPS data through CM10 and it remained after re-installing cm11. Have been away over the holidays and have not been able to chase down problem with mbm-service yet.

I've had the new SM11 build on my TP for over a week now. Very smooth, and no reboots, even after several days of uptime and use. No reboots coming off the TS charger, either, which I remember from earlier builds.

The extra customization - extended desktop and the Daydream screensaver function - are great additions.

The GPS works so far. No problems yet. This is on a new device with no previous Android installations.

Occasionally the device will hang for a couple/few seconds, usually in the browser or the Facebook app, but it has always resolved itself and kept running.

The only glitch I have run into is if I have not connected to the Internet through Wi-Fi for some time. The TP will lose its connection and I can't get the Wi-Fi to reconnect to any network. Turning Wi-Fi off and on in the menu doesn't seem to fix the problem. I have to reboot the device. This has happened twice since I've installed it.

This is a great build. Thanks as always for your fantastic work.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I've had the new SM11 build on my TP for over a week now. Very smooth, and no reboots, even after several days of uptime and use. No reboots coming off the TS charger, either, which I remember from earlier builds.

The extra customization - extended desktop and the Daydream screensaver function - are great additions.

The GPS works so far. No problems yet. This is on a new device with no previous Android installations.

Occasionally the device will hang for a couple/few seconds, usually in the browser or the Facebook app, but it has always resolved itself and kept running.

The only glitch I have run into is if I have not connected to the Internet through Wi-Fi for some time. The TP will lose its connection and I can't get the Wi-Fi to reconnect to any network. Turning Wi-Fi off and on in the menu doesn't seem to fix the problem. I have to reboot the device. This has happened twice since I've installed it.

This is a great build. Thanks as always for your fantastic work.
    Wi-Fi will turn off during screen off if you do not uncheck "Wi-Fi Optimisation" in advanced Wi-Fi settings.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Hi
    I still have a TP GO. Has anyone tried to install this 4G (or any other) to he GO? Does TPToolbox work? (you said in the beginning you would take GO questions....
    Tx for guidance
    Battery longevity.

I wonder, Is three hours too short to go from 100% to about 12% battery level?

I am using CM11-MBM-L-20141102-4g-beta6_3.0-tenderloin.

JP
    Hi
    Some funny happened to me a moment ago
    My tablet had just finished rebooting, and suddenly, it started to reboot again.
    While it was rebooting, a black screen appeared saying "Android is Upgrading"
    After it finished, everything looked normal, but now I am left wondering if anything at all changed. (or is it somebody injecting a malicious program on my tablet).

Have anything similar happened to anyone else?

Just curious

JP
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Hi
    Some funny happened to me a moment ago
    JP
    pepebuho:

I have seen this happen before when something happens to corrupt an installed app. Doubt it is anything malicious.

John

pepebuho likes this.