Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    I have not tried john's most recent build seeing that it keeps freezing based on xxshaun1xx and eblade's post
    Hi ceejayr:

Interesting thing is that after lots of re-boots and running for a while, my build seems more stable. However, there are still issues: you have to use the power key to turn it on (not the home key); sometimes it hangs when swiping the lock screen; and sometimes the cellular hangs after a few days. When it is working, it seems pretty smooth and the cellular speeds are good.

I put up a slightly newer version (09/01). If you want to test it out, be sure to give it a while to settle down and see what happens.

I now have CM11 versions running for both the 3.0 and 3.4 kernel. Each still has its own issues. But I am learning things by switching back and forth. Hopefully I will be able to upload newer builds this weekend with fewer bugs.

John
    Last edited by NewbyJE; 09/15/2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Thanks John, I'm on it like bees on honey. Will report back later
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just a few notes on what might help.
    Set the screen lock to off.
    Turn off WiFi optimization.
    Never keep WiFi on during sleep.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    Quote Originally Posted by GiffordT View Post
    Just a few notes on what might help.
    Set the screen lock to off.
    Turn off WiFi optimization.
    Never keep WiFi on during sleep.
    Thanks GiffordT, this work around helps a lot. Do you have a TP 4G, or is this just something common to a lot of CM11 builds?

John
    Update:

There was a change in the CM11 DownloadProvider code on August 26th that affects all TP builds, including my CM11 4g 09/01 build. For example, you may have problems updating apps for PlayStore. James Sullins has posted a fix and i will include it in the next build.

John
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    It is common with all the TP ROMS I know of. I am running Sullins ROM on several touchpads and Shumash's Pac-man on another. Also, I think the issue with the PlayStore has been taken care of.
    As for a TP 4G, don't have one now but am thinking about getting one when everything is stable.
    I am just excited that our TP's are still relevant and some much is going on with the developers.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    John,

It'd be super helpful if you put a link to your stuff in your signature :-D

I just completely wiped and installed your latest test build (0901) on my 4g, and it's just sitting at the Cyanogenmod loading video. :-S Has been for several minutes now. I almost fully expect that a few seconds after I hit "Post" it will wake up.

* edit: took almost exactly 2 minutes from the time I hit Post. heh. OK, restoring backup from Google, I'll report back what I find.

* further edit: it booted up, i poked at the main screen a bit, it worked. I pulled the case off the unit to access the SIM slot, and the screen went black. I instincttively pressed Home. Nothing happened. I worked my SIM card out of my phone, the TouchPad started rebooting (this was maybe 30-40 seconds passed since I pressed Home, and didn't do anything else). I inserted the SIM into the TouchPad, while the Cyanogenmod logo was playing, and the whole thing froze.

Rebooted, cell signal looked strong, can't connect to anything. Noted that having WiFi on with a SIM card in still defaults to using SIM for data. Figuring I probably need to enter APN settings, go to Settings -> Mobile Networks, screen goes black. Wait a while, the title bar for Mobile Networks appears, wait a little longer, screen goes black again. Wait a little while longer, get "Settings is not responding". Continuing to wait. Cell signal has dropped to "No Service" sometime during this.

Mobile networks page never came up. Hit Home, home works. Am able to turn on WiFi and re-connect to it. It did not save the WiFi settings from my original setup, for some reason, had to re-enter the password to my router. Noticed that pressing "Bluetooth" in the quick settings does actually enable Bluetooth, but the icon doesn't change from "Bluetooth Off" to "Bluetooth" (shouldn't it also say "On"?) until closing and re-opening the menu.

While I was entering the last paragraph, the screen went black. I again hit Home. Nothing happened. I remembered to hit Power. Waited about 5 seconds, the screen came on at the launcher, then went to the lock screen. Lock screen was unresponsive. Screen went black again very quickly. Power does nothing. Wait several seconds, try Home. Device goes back to the Cyanogenmod boot screen (without showing the HP logo, so it looks like it's a crash not an actual reboot)

When it came back up again, Wi-Fi was back on by default, cell signal is strong, and now it's actually trying to restore my apps from Google (before it didn't actually restore anything).

Battery is down 8% since I completed the installation step and unplugged.

... after several minutes, the notifications that it was downloading apps went away, but none of the apps appeared.

Now going to try the suggestions earlier and see if they help.

* new edit: had to reboot twice while setting up GiffordT's suggestions because the device got so sluggish it was not responding to anything. Tapped the power button to see if the lock settings worked right, the display went off, and it did not wake until I tapped home twice, then power.

Tried to enter the cellular settings again, and signal went away. Display went off. Tried home-home-power again, no go. Tried it a few more times, eventually the screen came back on. Cell signal was back at full. Still not able to get to anything, "net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED". Can't get into Mobile Network settings without losing signal, and settings app going to sleep.

Tried to go to settings one more time, device slowed down to a crawl. Looks like I'm done with testing this one, sorry :-)

* Oh one last edit.. popped the SIM out while it was hanging.. the device almost instantly started responding again, although the status bar and navigation bar are completely gone now. After a few seconds, it started running very slowly again, then went to sleep and... then the Cyanogenmod boot spinner again.
    Last edited by eblade; 09/17/2014 at 07:32 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    ok, this is worthy of making a new post:

After I got my SIM out and it rebooted, I was able to access the settings menu and select my APN (Straight Talk att.mvno was already in the default list), and then I re-inserted my SIM, and after a few moments wait, the "No SIM" icon went away, a few more moments, the cell signal icon came up, and then after a few more moments, it flipped to "3G" then to "H", and now I'm online. Was able to access Google Now from the search bar. I popped open the browser, and again the status bar and nav bar disappeared. Although the "Home" key seems to work, double tapping or long-pressing it does nothing. Taps area happening in an area about as if the status bar were being accounted for, despite it not actually being there. So I have to tap slightly above anywhere I intend to trigger. What I'm not getting as far as I can tell anymore are the extreme slowdowns that I was getting before. Still a total freeze when the display shuts off, though, usually.

It looks like if you don't have an active and recognized SIM with a valid APN, going into Settings, and especially Mobile Networks, will pretty much clobber your session. ... rather, if you have a SIM in, but it's on an APN that isn't the default selection, the menu won't work. SO, have to start it -without any sim-, select/setup your APN, then insert the SIM.

Now that I have my SIM setup and APN recognized, I am able to enter the Mobile Networks settings.

Home button is waking the device now, after a reboot with the SIM installed, just on a quick test (tap power, wait a couple of seconds, tap Home)

Battery down 17% after 20 minutes. Store apps not downloading, entered Google Play, attempted to download, got an error 491. Hit Settings, device went out to lunch again. Reboot. Cell data only going to "3G" not "H". SEEMS to for now be working so long as I don't try to open Settings while an app is on screen.

Final report for this try: No sound. Touchstone charging works. Don't try entering Settings while an app is open, or while you have a SIM inserted that the device is not configured for. Sometimes the Power button wakes it up from sleep, other times the Home button does. Turning off lock screen seems to help. Battery drain appears to be immense, but this particular device has spent a lot of it's lifetime either drained or sitting on a touchstone, so it could be device specific.
    Last edited by eblade; 09/17/2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    eblade:

Thank you for your detailed notes and patience. Also, will take your advice and add links in my signature.

Reading your experience brought back memories of when I first installed a CM11 3.4 kernel build. I went through a lot of re-boots and waiting for the cellular network to connect and getting the right APN setup. It eventually settled down and I only occasionally have to re-boot now, maybe a little more so after installing a new build. It seems the problems are related to SIM recognition and APN initiation upon a clean install. Eventually, it gets the data right and the problems go away. When I install new builds to test, I have not been wiping the data partition and have not had to repeat that initial experience. I guess it has the right data and no longer struggles with initiation on boot.

Clearly I need to go back and test clean installs. Maybe comparing fresh data partitions with stabilized backups will help pinpoint what is not getting properly initialized after a clean install. Also, I suspect these problems may not be the case with the 3.0 kernel since it used a different hardware scheme for sensing the SIM. Again, I have only installed the 3.0 kernel builds over 3.4 kernel builds without wiping data and they start up right away. Will have to test 3.0 from a clean install as well.

I guess the good news is that I have been up and running running since implementing Gifford's work arounds and only had to re-boot once.

The 09/01 build has the DownloadProvider bug and will give you the 491 error in PlayStore. Will put up a new build soon with this fixed.

Sound seems OK for me, but will need to test more.

John
    It got quite more stable after fixing the APN without a SIM in, or just running without a SIM in at all. Running with the never activated SIM that came in my TP4G pretty much just ended up blowing up left and right all the time, even in airplane mode. It's still not exactly something I'd recommend to the average user, considering the difficulty with home/power and it sometimes waking up, sometimes going into "never coming back sleep" and sometimes rebooting.

Sound is not working at all. No beeps when I press buttons, and no sound coming from Google Play. The volume slider is working, though.

Is that fix that JC came up with able to be patched in, via command line or something, or is that something that is compiled before being put into the image? I can install the Android tools and mess around if it's something I can manipulate on device...
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    eblade:

Yep, I am not promoting this for general use, just testing. Download fix has to be compiled into the android framework. Building now and will test tomorrow before posting.
    Android for the HP TouchPad 4G

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM11
    TP 32Gb 4G (Sierra). 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb WiFi. 3.0.5 / CM10

Never said you were :-) Just stating that it's much more stable without SIM or with SIM setup to APN, but it's still far from being usable stable. I should probably get the Android tools reinstalled anyway, so I can start working with Lune and SynerGV on Android again and stuff like that, so I should be able to get hopefully some idea of what's going on on the device when it goes out to lunch maybe.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    When I tested the 9/1 build it worked great. Other than not being able to download anything. It seems that all these builds work better if you do a complete data wipe in tptoolbox, reinstall webos, then install android. Every time I do that I don't have any errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxshaun1xx View Post
    When I tested the 9/1 build it worked great. Other than not being able to download anything. It seems that all these builds work better if you do a complete data wipe in tptoolbox, reinstall webos, then install android. Every time I do that I don't have any errors.
    Thanks for the feedback. Nice to hear. See next post re 09/17 update and my experience with an install over the 09/01 build.

OK, posted a new build (09/17) with the DownloadProvider bug fixed.

Here is start up issues I encountered. Note that this was over an existing stable install. Also implemented the workarounds suggested by GiffordT.

• Boot: cellular starts, but system freeze in < 10 seconds.
    • Reboot: cellular starts, system freeze in ~ 10 seconds.
    • Reboot: cellular starts up, goes away in 20 seconds, returns, goes away. Start Wifi and connect with PlayStation. Upgrades start downloading, but hang after ~30%.
    • Reboot: similar to above. Go to settings, accounts and delete Google account. Turn off WiFi.
    • Reboot: cellular starts up fine, go to PlayStore and set up my existing Google account. All apps update fine.
    • Status: Everything still working fine (8 hours later), getting emails, web browsing, no reboots.
    • Status: Nine hours. Try playing voice mail (WavPlayer) - no sound. Start PowerAmp - plays fine. Return to WavPlayer - voice mail plays fine.

Note that the signal strength icons in the upper drop down are orange upon first connection, then turn white when fully validated Google connection is present. To get to the fully white stage required the deleting and re-set up of my Google account. Once this is done the first time, it connects fine after reboots.

I am more confident than ever that the major issue during clean installation and/or new build installation is related to SIM initiation. Will work on chasing this down next.

I'm glad I was useful for discovering something. :-)

Going to go and grab that image right now. I wonder if I should full erase? I think I will. And I'm going to try to start it without a SIM installed, since I don't really feel like digging my sim out of my phone right now, and I haven't bothered to activate a second sim since although I've got both a TP4G and a TpGo, neither are something that i've espeically wanted to spend extra money to have running
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    OK, on device install begining at 10:22 pm. The device clock shows 02:22 in the installer, so either my clock has gone significantly out of whack, or it's showing GMT/UTC.

The ASCII "PA GApps" symbol shown while installing had a bunch of blank lines in the middle, no big deal.

"Insufficient space was found to install the Chrome browser, install it from Play Store instead." ?

Booting device into new OS at 10:24pm. Cyanogenmod spinner begins as the clock ticks 10:25pm. woo. Too bad we can't install entire desktop OSs in 3 minutes. Someone needs to revolutionize that.

10:31pm: out of the spinner, and into "Welcome to CyanogenMod".
    10:32pm: Google account setup. "Restoring... this can take up to 5 minutes."
    10:32pm: didn't seem to restore much of anything. Onto entering the Cyanogen account.
    .... did someone replace the "?" with the "." and vice versa on the default keyboard?
    ... while I was typing that, the unit went to sleep. Power button woke it.
    10:35pm: Your tablet is ready to rumble.
    First thing I do is try to bring up the Settings. It lags for quite a while, then the status bar and navigation bar both disappeared. Taking many seconds to respond to taps. Eventually, "Google Search has closed.".
    10:37pm: When I tap "OK" it brings up the lock screen, then goes to sleep.
    10:39pm: No amount of tapping the Home or Power buttons seems to wake it. It doesn't seem to be rebooting. Power+Home time.
    10:40pm: boot logo, back to Cyanogenmod spinner.
    10:40pm: booted, less than 30 seconds. Immediately goes to sleep. Home button wakes, lock screen slider works.
    10:41pm: Successfully update "Google Camera", other updates seem to be coming up slowly.
    Google Now installed, preferences inherited from my phone's normal Google Now settings. yay.
    ... Tigers are beating the Royals 10-0 in the 7th. Nice.
    10:42: Turning on Location in Google Now, as "In a previous version of Android, you turned off hte ability for Google apps to access your location. Turn it back on for all Google apps?"
    Google Now successfully located the LG TV on my Wi-Fi Network. It can't possibly be successful at listening for a TV Show because we don't pick up anything useful besides HSN and QVC in the outskirts of Detroit.
    It does tell me that Highlander: The Raven is on TV. Thanks for letting me know that I should avoid watching TV, Google, lest I actually consider that there might have been such a thing as Highlander sequels.
    10:45pm- device goes to sleep, while updating apps still, while I'm off in Twitter on my computer, complaining about the existence of Highlander 2.
    10:46pm- Home button no go. Power button immediately wakes device to lock screen. Lock screen responds, but appears to freeze when the lock actually lights up. Double tapping Home results in the device going to sleep.
    ... and that appears to be it for this session.
    10:47pm- Have not actively rebooted. Cyanogenmod spinner spontaneously comes up. Boots into lock screen, with "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." on top.
    10:48: Clear lock screen. "The process com.android.systemui has stopped." Lock screen again appears. Clear lock screen again
    10:49: Back to main Android UI. Seems I'm missing an icon on the bottom row, there's only 3 on one side and two on the other. Not sure what is missing.
    Noticing that Wi-Fi stayed remembered this time after initial setup.
    Am able to get into settings, but APNs are not available. I select "Access Point Names", and it just drops me to the "Wi-Fi" menu. Perhaps it had determined the APNs available earlier by interaction with my SIM cards?
    10:51pm: enter Google Play store, force it to update Talkback and News/Weather. Seems to be going fairly smoothly. As soon as I try to pop open the Settings drawer over the Play app, it gets sluggish, then the status bar and nav bar disappear.
    10:53pm: lock screen comes up. Drag lock, lock lights up, device goes to sleep.
    10:54pm: still trying to train my brain/hands to hit the Power button not the Home button to wake it up, as it seems more likely to stick and reboot when using Home. Not entirely certain.
    10:55pm: Hey, there's the Cyanogenmod spinner again :-S A few seconds pass, it goes into the launcher, and immediately sleeps.
    10:56pm: It made some kind of a notification sound, I think, while it was asleep. It's not a noise I've ever heard from any other device I have.
    10:57pm: poking around the settings to find the lock screen shut off. It's got 92% battery.
    Turn off WiFi optimization (i don't want to turn off use wifi when asleep.. sorry), hey, there's no "Messaging" app for SMS only Hangouts.. wth. Turn Lock screen->Screen Security to None
    11:00pm: Battery at 90%. Notice that it does not complain "No SIM", rather "No Service". Weird. GPS claims to be on High Accuracy (does the GPS work?), Bluetooth Off, Wi-Fi on, Cell radio on, but no SIM inserted.
    11:01pm: This time the APN menu actually opens instead of going back to WiFi. It will let me enter an APN, but there are none pre-populated, as there were last time. I'll try it again after I insert a SIM. For now, I want to try to get my apps.
    11:03pm: my email is syncing. I didn't ask it to do that. Dammit. Why does Gmail allow you to swipe emails, but nothing happens when you do? I guess "Swipe to Archive" doesn't have any obvious visual effect? *shakes fist of rage in the air at Google doing things wrong* *turns off Auto-Sync*
    11:05pm: My Wi-Fi signal sucks. My Laptop that I'm typing on has full strength where I'm at, the tablet is showing 2 bars at best. Connection seems quite good despite it not thinking it is, though. ... Installing some of my apps now.

11:08pm: things seem to be going smoothly. Sound is working when I tap items in Play Store.
    11:12pm: WOW i've got a -lot- of apps in my "All" list, most of which are probably total garbage.
    11:14pm: Hey, Dungeon Defenders is still in the Play Store. I wrote part of that! Battery at 85%.
    11:15pm: Notice that the notification bar has the exact same bug as one that I caused in webOS LunaCE, where an empty space can exist in certain conditions. The conditions also happen to be almost identical.

... will update more after I'm done playing.
    .. 11:20pm: None of the newly installed apps work. Starting them is slow, and then it gets to a title bar with the app name, and nothing else inside it, and then it goes to the "(appid has stopped)" notification. After the 7th or 8th time, the screen went black, and ...
    11:21pm: Back to the cyanogenmod spinner. Back up a few seconds after. It's still downloading a file for Magic 2014, so although we went back to the spinner, it looks like services remained running.
    11:23pm: Apps seem to be working. Root checker says I'm good, Device ID works
    11:25pm: Went to check battery, but Tapping the status bar seems to have sent it out to lunch again.
    11:26pm: Launcher responsive again, status bar and nav bar missing.
    11:27pm: Background in launcher went to black, then came back. Looks like it was trying to reset status bar/nav bar, but no luck.
    Hey, Settings from the Launcher works. Must be tapping the status bar that blows it up, not running settings on it's own. That was probably obvious to someone who knows Android better than me, though.
    11:28pm: Notification Drawer settings don't change visibly at all.
    11:29pm: "Unfortunatly, Settings has stopped."
    11:31pm: Spontaneous combustion. No, not combustion, actually, just the "HP" logo. Which I guess for some people is just as bad as spontaneous combustion.
    11:32pm: Battery at 80%. Turned on battery number in status bar while i was in settings last, so I don't have to tap the status bar to try to find it. Noticing rear of TouchPad is rather warm to the touch. Not sure if this is normal, as the only ones I've ever used for anything other than developing SynerGV were always inside their original HP cases. Decide to mess with "SetCPU" since that's great for heating things up.
    11:33pm: Ack, there's no overclock?! 1.5ghz is max. boo. :-( Default min freq is 384mhz, I dropped it to 192mhz, as is the normal default. I expect bad things from this, just because.
    11:36pm: Let's try Ingress!!!
    Sound has stopped functioning. Device GPS appears to be functioning, could possibly be Google WiFi location pinpointing, though. The compass is spinning like mad. I tapped the volume Up button, the volume indicator came up. I tapped the Volume Down button, the volume went all the way to mute and stayed there, and the volume indicator stayed on screen for several seconds, regardless of what i did it stayed at the bottom, until eventually....
    11:39pm: Cyanogenmod spinner. Sound still dead, but now the volume control acts like it's working correctly. And it disappears a second or so after not touching the volume keys.
    ... Google Finance works.
    ...Battery Monitor Widget does not.
    ...HipChat worked until I tried to select a chat room, then a long timeout, and "HipChat has stopped."
    ...Shattered Pixel Dungeon just brings up a bunch of flashing blue lines, and puts the navigation bar on the wrong side of the screen. (worth noting: Pixel Dungeon worked fine in the 08/24 image you had)
    11:45pm: Trying Magic 2014. Initial load screen comes up, spinner moving at a glacial pace.
    11:46pm: Magic 2014 has stopped.
    ... Enyo Sampler does not work (WebView broken? non-existant?)
    ... Pinball Arcade rotates to wrong direction, then starts flashing blue lines
    11:47pm: Facebook setting up
    11:49pm: Facebook has stopped, while attempting to enter password.
    ... Opera just goes to an empty black screen, much like my ex's soul.
    11:52pm: All apps just opening to empty black screen now. I'm continuously reminded of my ex-.
    Rebooting, at 70% battery.
    Last edited by eblade; 09/19/2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    11:55: Launched Dungeon Defenders a little bit ago. It started with the blue-lines crap, then it popped up it's load screen, and prompted me to download the rest of the game. Sound worked when I told it to go ahead.
    This may be one of the largest games ever for a mobile platform, so i'm just going to keep tapping the screen every now and then until it is loaded.
    12:09am: Dungeon Defenders works freaking BEAUTIFULLY. Better than it did on the hardware that we built it on, for sure. When adjusting the "Graphics Quality" slider to max, each increment, the blue lines came up, but it returned to the correct display after a moment, and it looks phenomenal.
    12:11am: Works great, except it looks like it thinks there's a few extra pixels, like it's on a 1024x800 display or something.
    12:41am: Half an hour of blasting at Dungeon Defenders, and I'm down to 55% battery. Pretty heavy duty drain, but it's a pretty heavy duty game. I can only compare it to performance on an iPad 2, which when it was new would only drain it about 15% per hour of play.

...The YouTube app connected directly to my webOS TV and worked flawlessly. woo. Playing from the tablet itself was a non-starter.
    Google Voice goes straight to a black screen. ...and i'm out of apps to try.
    ... and 12:48am: i put it on the touchstone. The screen goes dark.
    ... on my way out of the room a few minutes later, it quickly splashed the cyanogenmod spinner, and then sat at the launcher, with the battery icon showing charging.
    Last edited by eblade; 09/19/2014 at 11:50 PM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    eblade:

Thanks for the detailed notes. Sounds like it was working for you, but 5 or 6 reboots in 2-1/2 hours is not good. You were stressing it with lots of apps. I am just not real happy with some of the 3.4 kernel issues. Also seems to work better for some, like xxshawn1xx, than others. Not sure if it settled down some for you with time or not, but lock screen hanging is a real problem (can be avoided by turning lock screen off).

Did spend time this weekend working on CM11 with jcsullins latest 3.0 kernel and it looks like I will be able to get a general release of CM11 for the TP 4G with this kernel out the door first. Seems much more stable than 3.4 kernel builds, but currently has a major bug (touch screen dies when WiFi is turned off). I know the exact problem and jcsullins is helping come up with a fix. Crossing my fingers that this will be resolved in a day or two.

made the mistake of installing the 0917 build with my sim inside... got clobbered so bad where it was unusable unfortunately phone stopped working error keeps popping up. 2nd install attempt with sim out, added APN settings and inserted sim. TP is up and running, Did GiffordT's tips... working a lot better now, I got mobile data working but no H indicator (probably coz i have to enable data roaming??) .. it only shows the small R for roaming but i am certain that mobile data is working as wifi is off. I have yet to install my apps, I was on the process when I fell asleep. Left TP at home, at work now. will try again later.

I would love to have the overclocking ability, i have sort of given up on battery drain issue anyway, since i use the tp on short stints, i would love for it to perform really well on those 2-3 hour periods before it goes back on the touchstone. I still really love my TP (on my 3rd TP 4G now,unsealed my newest one last sept 14th, gave 2nd one to wife, traded my first TP4G with crappy battery and faulty touchstone charging from 2 years ago)
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb