Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    Hey, if anyone is interested check out flintman's latest 4g cm 11 build [ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.2] [3.4 k… | HP Touchpad | XDA Forum. Cellular is working much better now and everything is smooth.
    How do I take a Screenshot?
    Version 10-MBM_L_0140104-4g_beta4_tenderloin

I tried pressing power button and touching the button down in the middle of the reboot screen but nothing happens. Is that an Icon for screenshot or for vibrate mode? Now that I look at it it seems a vibrate mode icon, between mute and full sound.

How do I take a screenshot. Thanks!

JP
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Version 10-MBM_L_0140104-4g_beta4_tenderloin

I tried pressing power button and touching the button down in the middle of the reboot screen but nothing happens. Is that an Icon for screenshot or for vibrate mode? Now that I look at it it seems a vibrate mode icon, between mute and full sound.

How do I take a screenshot. Thanks!

JP
    can you pl try power button along with volume down simultaneously
    thx
    tptoolbox v41 now supports the touchpad 4g. Check it out. [TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox - Pg. 30 | HP Touchpad | XDA Forum
    well, that's pretty cool.. but.. what android images are compatible with both the tp4g and the touchpad toolbox? :-)

Definitely want to convert my 4G to an Android, and then nuke Android off my main device :-)

...unless the extra battery drain of having a mostly unused 4G sucks.
    Last edited by eblade; 08/23/2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    well, that's pretty cool.. but.. what android images are compatible with both the tp4g and the touchpad toolbox? :-)

Definitely want to convert my 4G to an Android, and then nuke Android off my main device :-)

...unless the extra battery drain of having a mostly unused 4G sucks.
    All the roms in this thread and flintman's roms are compatible. You just have to use the cwm or twrp that jcsullins listed on the tptoolbox thread.
    I picked up the nightly evervolv.. Completely broken. Will mess with it more soon.. But most apps just freeze on it and when the tablet goes to sleep nothing will wake it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

edit: ... and then this morning I notice that it's not the main build that supports the 4g, there's a special test build linked on his first post there which does .. so i'm finding out what happens if I try to reinstall over top of last night's nightly using that test build.. looks like it's working well so far.

This TPToolbox is nice. Would be fantastic if the JC and the Ports team got something together to connect Lune with it.
    Last edited by eblade; 08/24/2014 at 08:46 AM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    ... ok, looks like this one works.. power button only brings the display back on .. and touchstone charging doesn't work at all.... hmm.

I take that back. Looks like instead of going to sleep, it reboots when the display shuts off.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Hi pepebuho:

You can also hold the power button to get the pop up reboot menu and select Screenshot.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by xxshaun1xx View Post
    tptoolbox v41 now supports the touchpad 4g. Check it out. [TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox - Pg. 30 | HP Touchpad | XDA Forum
    Nice work from James (JC) Sullins. I created a link to the Touchpad Toolbox (jcsullins) xda forum thread on my "Info" page and links to TPToolbox and jcsullins custom recoveries on my "Support" page.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by xxshaun1xx View Post
    Hey, if anyone is interested check out flintman's latest 4g cm 11 build [ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.2] [3.4 k… | HP Touchpad | XDA Forum. Cellular is working much better now and everything is smooth.
    Hi xxshaun1xx:

Does flintman's Evervolv build work OK for you or do you have some of the problems reported by eblade? I have had similar problems in my CyanogenMod builds using the 3.4 kernel. If it works OK, I wonder if there are differences in the install process you used.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    Hi xxshaun1xx:

Does flintman's Evervolv build work OK for you or do you have some of the problems reported by eblade? I have had similar problems in my CyanogenMod builds using the 3.4 kernel. If it works OK, I wonder if there are differences in the install process you used.

John
    it seems like maybe after several reboots, it has possibly stabilized some.. doesn't seem to be rebooting constantly, the home button started working, looks like it recovers from sleep.. possibly .. although it seems to be significantly more jerky, frame rate wise in the apps that i usually use, at 1.5ghz than my regular touchpad at 1.2ghz .. although i usually use my regular touchpad at 1.7ghz.. and evervolv only offers speeds up to 1.5. oh well on that.

facebook is starting up finally, it wouldn't at all last night .. most of my other apps are working to some degree.. some just come up with ...

oh hell, as i'm editing this, it just rebooted again, for no reason.

Until someone actually recommends a build, I'm not going to mess with this too much. I don't have the time required to go searching through many different ones :-)

On the bright side, the TPToolbox seems to be working great on the 4g
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Hi All:

I have been having problems with my CM11 builds similar to those reported by eblade using flintman's Evervolv build. I have a new build that seems a little more stable, but still buggy. If you are interested in testing this CM11 build (Android 4,4,4, KitKat), you can download my current test build here: HP TouchPad 4G - Ericcson

Notes / Issues:

• This is not a complete list of install instructions. I presume you understand what is typically required to install CM11 on an HP TouchPad.
    • This is a datamedia build. You need to use TPToolbox or Tailor to re-size partitions if you have not already done so. (see: Android on 4G TouchPad)
    • You will need to use one of jcsullins custom DataMedia recoveries.
    • You should perform a clean install, do not install over a CM10 build.
    • It may take several re-boots and a little time for the cellular radio to recognize the SIM and start up the first time.
    • It is best to use the power button to turn the TP on and off. The home button works sometimes, particularly if held for a while, but not always.
    • Occasionally, my TP will hang and require a re-boot when unlocking from the lock screen.
    • WiFi Hotspot is not working in this build.

If you test this out, let me know here how it works for you....

John
    Is that the "cm-10-MBM_L-20140119-4g_beta5-tenderloin.zip" ? if so, it's under the wrong heading, it looks like :-)

**edit: nevermind, i just reloaded the page, and there it is

will give it a shot since i'm not doing anything right now
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    ok, grabbed that one, did a complete erase with TPToolbox, installed it, and when it reboots into it, i'm stuck at a spinning giant "cyanogenmod" screen. Been stuck at it for about 10 min now. . . . i'm just going to shut up and not say anything until after i've given it 30 minutes time to stop, because right after i posted this, it popped into the setup program... sheesh

This build is unusably slow on first boot. Seriously dozens of seconds inbetween animation frames. Nothing seems to work at all, after the initial setup, except for the power-button menu, which works perfectly.

On second boot, it was all going fine, until I tried to access the settings, and then it started getting super slow. Apps are slow as molasses still, if they ever start responding.
    Last edited by eblade; 08/24/2014 at 05:10 PM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    eblade:

Thanks for testing. It was a while ago when I first installed a CM11 build, I seem to remember that it took a while to boot the first time. It may get better with additional re-boots, but there are still several issues with the 3.4 kernel.

I will leave this build up for a little while in case anyone else wants to test.

I will probably create another set of builds based on the 3.0 kernel jcsullins is using for TPToolbox and see if they work better.

John
    The evervolv build I tested worked okay. It was slow at times and some apps would not load. As for cellular it was much better. Overall it is still somewhat buggy but I never had a reboot issue. The older build of evervolv worked much better but cellular speeds were way too slow. I will test your new cyanogenmod build when i get time and report back here.
    xxshaun1xx, can you point out which particular build worked reasonably?

NewbyJE, it looks like that build really falls apart whenever trying to access anything from the top bar -- notifications or settings menus, as soon as i touch the top bar, everything starts dragging .. like that triggers some process that starts hammering the cpu or thrashing memory or something.

can't get facebook logged in in any of the kitkat builds -- as soon as i try to bring up the keyboard in the facebook app, everything halts. was playing "Pixel Dungeon" for quite a while last night on it, and that worked pretty well, but the FPS was obviously not smooth. It was fast, but definitely not smooth, like my CM10 on my regular TP is quite smooth, although maybe a little slower overall. Tried another game similar to Pixel Dungeon, and it just brings up a loading circle and halts.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    It seemed like the first evervolv build worked the best. I tested your cm 11 build NewbyJE and it worked great at first until it kept freezing and I would have to reboot to unfreeze. When it was working the cell speed was great. Also for some reason trebuchet would stop working so I had to use the Google now launcher. If it didn't freeze it would be useable.
    im on evervolv most recent release "test build 8-10", no reboots for me. It appears to be working fine so far. data is better than the first release, I however do not get any data indicator E H H+ on mine. I do not have a lot of apps on it so I cannot confirm xxshaun1xx saying some apps wouldnt load, I do however always run memory cleaning apps as a personal habit.

I have not tried john's most recent build seeing that it keeps freezing based on xxshaun1xx and eblade's post
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb