Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FullReverse View Post
    I'm not necessarily looking to for our MBM HAL HW to be working in any of those ROMs, but am surprised that the rest of the experience isn't parity with normal WiFi-only TP models/users (isn't the HW practically the same save for the Ericsson cellular HW?).
    Hi FullReverse:

I have not tried any ROMs using 3.0+ kernels in a TP 4G device and had not thought about this possible issue. Maybe others have tried and can share their experience.

There could be hardware issues. The 2.6.35 kernel used in all the previous CM builds came from HP's prototype Linux kernel development for the TouchPad. Kernel drivers that support the unique hardware in the 4G model were modified and tested by HP to work on both WiFi and 4G models. So, it is possible that the standard, unmodified drivers in the newer kernel are trying to access USB host and MBM hardware unique to the 4G model and causing problems. These problems would not be evident to developers testing such kernels on WiFi models.

If I had to guess, the problems are likely related to the pehci driver which runs the ST-Ericsson ISP1763 USB 2.0 Hub which is only present in the 4G model. Interactions between the MBM driver and this driver are the source of some of the re-boot problems that crop up on my current CM builds for the 4G.

John
    I can attest that some TP 4G functionality differs than the regular WiFi TP since although the hardware is relatively identical, they are placed differently within the device itself which is why sensors such as the accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope require different axis mapping than their WiFi counterparts. Perhaps the 3.x kernel isn't taking the TP 4G model into consideration and only has mappings for the regular WiFi board. (I believe this is why you're having orientation reversals)
    Devices:
    • HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    • HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    • HTC One (T-Mobile)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    • Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    any new developments?
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    any new developments?
    Hi ceejayr:

I continue to work on chasing down the re-boot problems when the cellular modem is on. Getting closer to narrowing it down, but it is slow going for me. Also a little sidetracked (although related) in getting the latest MBM source package up on SourceForge and cleaning up a couple of issues in the WiFi driver. Hope to have some new builds before too much longer.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    I am still testing the trail build, but it seems to be working pretty well. There may be some hangups between Bluetooth Tethering and portable Wi-Fi hotspot that I am still debugging. However, I think it is ready to get out there for others to test before I add it to the 'released' builds at the beginning of the thread.

In addition to a functional 'portable WiFi hotspot' option under Settings -> Wireless & Networks->More…->Tethering and portable hotspot, this release includes a built-in version of the kernel WiFi driver back-ported from the Linux 3.10 kernel with much enhanced WiFi subsystem startup times. Also corrected is a potential multiple reboot problem introduced with the 23 November 2013 releases.

If you are willing to test, you can download the test build here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tenderloin.zip.

You should not have any problems flashing it over the previous CM10 build. I am not sure what may be in your /data/misc/wifi directory. If you have problems, you might try deleting this directory and rebooting to re-establish the file templates. Before you do so, you may want to backup 'wpa_supplicant.conf' so you do not loose your Wi-Fi connection password cache.

John
    Hi ceejayr:

I continue to work on chasing down the re-boot problems when the cellular modem is on. Getting closer to narrowing it down, but it is slow going for me. Also a little sidetracked (although related) in getting the latest MBM source package up on SourceForge and cleaning up a couple of issues in the WiFi driver. Hope to have some new builds before too much longer.

John
    John,

I just downloaded the Nov rom, and had problems with rebooting. I noticed the newer test version and flashed it over. I'll post over the next couple of days with an update on how it is working! Also, any update on any roms? I just bought the touchpad a month back and you're the reason I bought the 4g. I love the work!
    Notes on it so far-

The newer build is much more stable than the Nov 23rd build. It does not reboot as much. It only has once in 2 days of use compared to at least 10 reboots and a boot loop over 2 days with the Nov release.

The LED does not work. I had a Wifi only touchpad that I was sent on accident and it was running 4.2 that used the LED on notications. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also the Wifi only had much better battery life on 4.2. I'm not sure if that is a product of the 4g aspect or the fact it was running a new verison of Android.

Overall I have not experinced a lot of hippcups or problems with the newer test build you put out. It's very fast, actually smoother than the Cyangenmod 4.2. The 4g stays connected without a problem, same for wifi. It actually stays connected better than the Wifi only Touchpad I had to Wifi.

I'm excited to see future updates! You are doing great work.

edit- camera is funky as well
    Last edited by Kory Reid; 04/22/2014 at 07:22 PM.
    My wifi model was stolen and i purchased this model as a replacement ....not thinking of the potential problems id run into because of the 4g...lol im glad to see you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can someone tell me where i can find the 3.0.5 86 update? and web os doctor? thanks in advance just for being here...lol why are you guys not over at xda?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch baria View Post
    My wifi model was stolen and i purchased this model as a replacement ....not thinking of the potential problems id run into because of the 4g...lol im glad to see you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can someone tell me where i can find the 3.0.5 86 update? and web os doctor? thanks in advance just for being here...lol why are you guys not over at xda?
    A lot of us are at xda, but webosnation is the right place for your questions :-D
    Do you know the webos-internalz wiki? There can you find the links to the current doctor for your TouchPad 4G ;-)
    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true
    Thanks for the response..... no I wasn't aware...I'll follow the link:-) is there a developer working on future ROMs for the 4g currently? I will gladly contribute in donations and testing if it will help? I really didn't understand the ramifications of purchasing the 4g model when I did it,,,I have to admit aside from the lack of roms compared to the WiFi only models, its very nice to have a unlimited data sim in this puppy:-) this is probably a very novice question but why can't there just be a fix for the 4g users to add the data settings to the existing WiFi only ROMs? I know it can't be that simple! Lol
    Thanks for the response..... no I wasn't aware...I'll follow the link:-) is there a developer working on future ROMs for the 4g currently? I will gladly contribute in donations and testing if it will help? I really didn't understand the ramifications of purchasing the 4g model when I did it,,,I have to admit aside from the lack of roms compared to the WiFi only models, its very nice to have a unlimited data sim in this puppy:-) this is probably a very novice question but why can't there just be a fix for the 4g users to add the data settings to the existing WiFi only ROMs? I know it can't be that simple! Lol
    Update: the link is the same place of looked for the update prior to finding this forum....there seem to be updates for the WiFi only and 3g versions only....it's the AT&T 3g and my 4g model the same? I don't see the update package 3.0.1 86 anyplace.....anyways the android rom that I'm using now works fine other then I can't seem to get any version of Adobe Flash to work on any browser..I wish there was a cure for that minor bug....other then that I'm very happy with this rom...it's there no one currently working on future roms for this model?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Update: the link is the same place of looked for the update prior to finding this forum....there seem to be updates for the WiFi only and 3g versions only....it's the AT&T 3g and my 4g model the same? I don't see the update package 3.0.1 86 anyplace.....anyways the android rom that I'm using now works fine other then I can't seem to get any version of Adobe Flash to work on any browser..I wish there was a cure for that minor bug....other then that I'm very happy with this rom...it's there no one currently working on future roms for this model?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    There is much more information behind your question then you're thinking.
    I don't know, if the 3.0 webosdoctor is same then your version, but as far as I remember, it is the oldest ROM we have. After using it is possible that you're loosing data on media/internal partition and also after ever doctor procedure you loose the ability of boot android and access to the AppCat (cause of a problem with the root certificate)
    So my advice is:
    Read a little bit more about webOS, about root certificate and doctoring the device.
    My recommendation is: if you're doctoring, then use the newest.
    As far as I know, you can use the 3.0.5 doctor for 3G Version.

And for security: if you're want to use flash at any browser on Android: there is another solution out of here.
    The latest flash version of webOS is 10.x, for Android I'm not sure.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi, noobs here

i flash android my TP4G with CM10 from HP TouchPad 4G - Files
    unfortunately i flash testing version with CM10-Sierra, since the CM10-MBM link is broken
    as the result, i can not get modem works in 3G/4G

how can i change to the CM10-MBM release version?
    do i need to clean uninstall first or just flash from clockwork ?

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by nemogamo View Post
    Hi, noobs here

i flash android my TP4G with CM10 from HP TouchPad 4G - Files
    unfortunately i flash testing version with CM10-Sierra, since the CM10-MBM link is broken
    as the result, i can not get modem works in 3G/4G

how can i change to the CM10-MBM release version?
    do i need to clean uninstall first or just flash from clockwork ?

thx
    Hi Nemogamo:

Thanks for pointing out the broken link. It is now fixed.

You should be able to just flash the correct version (CM10 MBM) over the Sierra version (CM10 Sierra).

John
    Hi All:

News:

Sorry for not keeping up. I have been travelling a lot the last two months and have not had any time to work on builds. Getting back to it now

Dropbox was not very reliable, so I have migrated all the recent TP 4G builds, etc. to a new web site. I am working on populating this site with TouchPad 4G information. Currently there are links on the Home page to my One Note support documentation. Please use this web site going forward for downloads, etc. for Android on HP TouchPad 4G ---->

The second post in this thread is being updated to reflect the new web site. Please let me know if you have any problems with the new site or have content you would like to see put up there.

I am still working on getting the last bugs out of the CM10 builds (which are otherwise pretty complete.

I have also started work on an alpha version of CM11 for the TP 4G using the Linux 3.4 kernel. Needs a lot of work (WiFi does not work yet for the 4G platform with the current versions of the 3.4 kernel). However, flintman (TP developer, see his WiFi CM11 builds on xda) recently obtained a TP 4G and has started helping out. I really appreciate his help and hope that we can make good progress.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Kory Reid View Post
    The LED does not work. I had a Wifi only touchpad that I was sent on accident and it was running 4.2 that used the LED on notications. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also the Wifi only had much better battery life on 4.2. I'm not sure if that is a product of the 4g aspect or the fact it was running a new verison of Android.
    Hi Kory:

Glad you are enjoying your TP 4G.

I have not paid any attention to the LED - I will need to look into this issue when I get a chance.

The Ericsson MBM and associated USB chips do draw more power. (The Sierra MBM with LTE draws even more!).

John
    this is probably a very novice question but why can't there just be a fix for the 4g users to add the data settings to the existing WiFi only ROMs? I know it can't be that simple! Lol
    Mitch:

It is not that simple. There are changes required at the device layer in addition to adding the mobile radio drivers. While it is theoretically possible to patched these in, it would require a different set of patches specific to each WiFi ROM version. The Linux kernel is also different and it would need to be installed as well. Not enough time in this world ....

John
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi Nemogamo:

Thanks for pointing out the broken link. It is now fixed.

You should be able to just flash the correct version (CM10 MBM) over the Sierra version (CM10 Sierra).

John
    look forward for your CM11 -
    excellent work NewbyJE
    Hi All:

As mentioned previously, I have been working on a CM11 build for the HP TouchPad 4G using the 3.4 kernel with much assistance from flintman and jcsullins. We have reached the point where WiFi and the cellular radio is working! Not all features in my other builds are working yet. I plan to get a CyanogenMod 11 version posted next week after I have had a chance to do some more testing.

In the meantime, flintman has posted an initial Evervolve (ASOP 4.4.2) build for the 4G on xda-developers. If you wish to try it out, note that it is a datamedia build and you will need to adjust volume sizes (if you have not already done so) before attempting to install.

More to come ...

John
    pepebuho likes this.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Hi All:

As mentioned previously, I have been working on a CM11 build for the HP TouchPad 4G using the 3.4 kernel with much assistance from flintman and jcsullins. We have reached the point where WiFi and the cellular radio is working! Not all features in my other builds are working yet. I plan to get a CyanogenMod 11 version posted next week after I have had a chance to do some more testing.

In the meantime, flintman has posted an initial Evervolve (ASOP 4.4.2) build for the 4G on xda-developers. If you wish to try it out, note that it is a datamedia build and you will need to adjust volume sizes (if you have not already done so) before attempting to install.

More to come ...

John
    John, I am certain that I am not alone in appreciating all the effort and time you have put into making a lot of us happy. I do not wear a hat, but hats off to you. Thank you.
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    pepebuho and Mutoidi like this.