Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 504
Like Tree95Likes
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Hi John.
    From the time I was using CM9, I do not remember seeing Data Usage anywhere. Not that I paid that much attention then, but I do not recall seeing it where the article says it should be.

    JP
    Data usage shows up as the third item under 'Wireless & Networks' in Settings in the ICS (CM9) builds, but not in the Jellybean (CM10) builds. Chasing down changes now and hope to have added to tne upcomming CM10 build for the TP 4G.

    John
    sshaka and Mutoidi like this.
  2. #302  
    Hi all,

    Being very old school, I just put android on my 4g. It is really cool, thanks to all. One problem I'm having is the data from my att card is not working. As soon as I turn off WiFi, I get no internet connection. Bluetooth doesn't seem to like me either. Am I missing something, do I not have something turned on in android. Any help would be great.

    Thanks,

    Ross

    P.S. I don't use any droid or apple yet. I still use my palm pre- ....
  3. #303  
    waterski:

    Do you have your APN set up properly?

    Generally the system will find the proper APN for your 3G HSPA connection; however, you may need to set an APN. To do so:
    • Go to Settings/Wireless&Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names.
    • Select "..." at top right and choose New APN.
    • Enter APN information for your provider
    • Select "..." at top right, Save.
    • Select the newly created APN (circle to right).

    See the SIM Information page on this document for more info: CyanogenMod 9 and 10 - TouchPad 4G Releases
    John
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by waterski10716 View Post
    P.S. I don't use any droid or apple yet. I still use my palm pre- ....
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    waterski:

    Do you have your APN set up properly?

    Generally the system will find the proper APN for your 3G HSPA connection; however, you may need to set an APN. To do so:
    • Go to Settings/Wireless&Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names.
    • Select "..." at top right and choose New APN.
    • Enter APN information for your provider
    • Select "..." at top right, Save.
    • Select the newly created APN (circle to right).

    See the SIM Information page on this document for more info: CyanogenMod 9 and 10 - TouchPad 4G Releases
    John
    Set up apn and still no data. Any ideas?

    Ross
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by waterski10716 View Post
    Set up apn and still no data. Any ideas?

    Ross
    Check PMs for instructions on how to send debugging logs to me ...

    John
  7. jazzdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #307  
    I was unable to get my tablet to work with any sim card that wasn't a smartphone sim. Putting a tablet sim in failed. I'm stuck paying for a smartphone plan for now until I find someone who can get my IMEI to be seen as a tablet on the ATT network.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
  8. #308  
    Hi John,

    Any idea when we might get the next build for the 4G?

    Looks like the non-4G builds have been advancing pretty great, but the last 4G build was in Jan...?
  9. #309  
    Hi ilikecl:

    I have builds that have been undergoing some testing. Unfortunately, some features I have been working on and hoped to get in the next release are still not working. But you are right, it has been a while and there are several enhancements that are working.

    With the upcoming long weekend, I think I will have a chance to get documentation updated and new builds posted.

    John
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    Hi ilikecl:

    I have builds that have been undergoing some testing. Unfortunately, some features I have been working on and hoped to get in the next release are still not working. But you are right, it has been a while and there are several enhancements that are working.

    With the upcoming long weekend, I think I will have a chance to get documentation updated and new builds posted.

    John

    Yippeee!
    Have you had a look at the CM10.1 builds at all?


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    Hi ilikecl:

    I have builds that have been undergoing some testing. Unfortunately, some features I have been working on and hoped to get in the next release are still not working. But you are right, it has been a while and there are several enhancements that are working.

    With the upcoming long weekend, I think I will have a chance to get documentation updated and new builds posted.

    John
    Wonderful! Thank you much for the update, John.

    Your work is very much appreciated, and you've extended the lives of our 4G Touchpads beyond our wildest expectations.

    YOU'RE THE MAN!!
    Mutoidi and pepebuho like this.
  12. #312  
    Hi to all of you who have been patiently waiting:

    New builds of CM9 and CM10 for the HP TouchPad 4G are available here: Android on 4G TouchPad.

    John
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    Hi to all of you who have been patiently waiting:

    New builds of CM9 and CM10 for the HP TouchPad 4G are available here: Android on 4G TouchPad.

    John
    Hi John,

    Thanks for the new builds. I have some questions though,

    -why are there now native landscape and portrait builds?
    -do they still change orientation?
    -how do I turn on the setting to make the CM10 build charge?
    -can I move easily from CM9 to CM10 if I already have the bigger space needed?

    Thanks,

    John
    Handspring Visor -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Developer Day Pre 2
    32Gb Touchpad, 32Gb Touchpad 4G w/ CM10 onboard
    Pre 3 waiting in the wings for a good reason to switch
  14. #314  
    John:

    -why are there now native landscape and portrait builds?
    When working on the sensors, I created the portrait builds so I could start where HP designed the TP (portrait mode). Default kernel driver settings match the hardware. Combined with stock motion sensor device layer settings, the TP sensors work correctly in portrait mode. Then I made changes at the device layer to get the correct sensor response in landscape mode (x and y axis rotated 90 degrees).

    Most games and other motion sensing programs are designed for portrait mode (like a smart phone). Many of these recognize devices which are native landscape and adjust, but not all. So, I decided to release both in case folks want to experiment with games.


    -do they still change orientation?
    Yes, both do. However, there are differences in lock screen behaviour, and a few other things. I still find I primarily use the TP in the landscape orientation and prefer native landscape mode.

    -how do I turn on the setting to make the CM10 build charge?
    Make sure MTP is turned on. Not sure if this is still required, but do so to be safe. The setting is persistent in these builds.

    Settings -> Storage -> Right top bar settings button - > USB

    -can I move easily from CM9 to CM10 if I already have the bigger space needed?
    Yes, see issues on release topic. Generally you can install CM10 over CM9, but not the other way. Backup CM9 before you do anything, then you can always restore CM9 if something goes wrong. Also, make sure you load the proper GApps. When CM10 is working, make a backup of it as well. Then you can switch back and forth by restoring either CM9 or CM10.

    Note: you can load the landscape and portrait versions over each other without problems.

    John
  15. #315  
    If you are really interested in what I did for the sensor setup, my notes are in this document: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...or%20Setup.pdf
  16. #316  
    Hello John,

    Thanks for the new build and appreciate all your effort ; downloading..

    Thx
    Chandra
    Mutoidi likes this.
  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    If you are really interested in what I did for the sensor setup, my notes are in this document: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...or%20Setup.pdf
    Awesome work.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    deibski and jbates like this.
  18. #318  
    In case I missed someone in my email to the few I know who have replaced the Ericsson MBM with the Sierra MC7700/10 LTE MBM in their HP TouchPad 4G, I have new CM9 and CM10 builds available that support this hardware setup.

    PM me if you are interested in these builds and/or info on the Sierra MBM.

    John
    deibski, Mutoidi, Robi_ and 1 others like this.
  19. fej180's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #319  
    John,

    Thanks for the files. I just got my 4G touchpad about 2 weeks ago and decided to install CM10 on it using your new files. Everything is working well so far.

    I was watching a couple instruction videos and I came accross one guy who has a webOS app switching mod flashed onto his TP. I dont want to mess anything up on this so I am not installing it, but do you know if it is compatible with the new files you posted? Here is a link to the video.

  20. fej180's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by fej180 View Post
    John,

    Thanks for the files. I just got my 4G touchpad about 2 weeks ago and decided to install CM10 on it using your new files. Everything is working well so far.

    I was watching a couple instruction videos and I came accross one guy who has a webOS app switching mod flashed onto his TP. I dont want to mess anything up on this so I am not installing it, but do you know if it is compatible with the new files you posted? Here is a link to the video.

    Ok I went ahead and installed this mod and it works but it has some side affects. The first thing I noticed was it wouldn't let me past the lock screen. So if I moved the lock up it would go to google and then I could get into the home screen from there. Also it seems to have disabled the 4G sim card or something. It is not getting the 4G internet. I tried to uninstall the mod and it still didn't get the 4G back. I did create a backup in CWM so I am restored that and everything is back to normal.
    Last edited by fej180; 09/11/2013 at 06:45 PM.

Posting Permissions