webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Android on 4G TouchPad
Android on 4G TouchPad
  Reply
Like Tree81Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01/19/2013, 10:59 AM   #201 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 211
John,
If you want to pursue it, I still have a legacy SIM that "does not work" on my PRE3. I can always test against it.
Just send me the ROM and the tests that you want to run and I can help you out with it.

JP
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 08:27 PM   #202 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 168
News: 20 January 2013 A new release of CyanogenMod CM10 (jellybean) is available for the HP TouchPad 4G.

See the second post in this thread for all the links ...

Along with the 04 Dec 2012 CyanogenMod CM9 (ics) release, these builds incorporate a pre-release version of MBM HAL 4.0.0 BETA still under development. In addition, the kernel drivers to support the MBM have all been updated to the most current releases.

The 04 Dec 2012 CM9 release incorporates all CM9 merges as of 04 Dec 2012, Dorregaray's camera patches and some additional MBM HAL 4.0.0.0 Beta test patches.

The 20 Jan 2013 CM10 release incorporates all CM10 merges as of 20 Jan 2013. It also includes Dorregaray's camera and sensor (gyroscope) patches, James Sullins' sound, 3d video, and battery shutdown patches, and the same additional MBM HAL 4.0.0.0 Beta test patches.

CM10 Notes:
  • This build is experimental and the patches are still undergoing improvements and fixes.
  • There is a known bug where mtp must be turned on to allow proper charging.
  • The camera icon may be missing from the launcher drawer. You can access the camera with a 'left' swipe from the lock screen or installing the 'Camera Launcher for Nexus 7" app.

Acknowledgements: Special thanks to those that made this possible: James Sullins for all his work on CM10 audio and test builds (and supporting everone else), Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) for the camea and sensor (gyroscope) development, gamer765 for testing 4G builds, and the MBM HAL developers. This build would not be possible without their efforts.

Last edited by NewbyJE; 01/22/2013 at 10:24 PM.
NewbyJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by berdinkerdickle, yellowhammer, dinlaca and 4 others like this.
Old 01/21/2013, 08:31 PM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 90
it's here! what a beautiful day. props to you John!
ceejayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 09:25 AM   #204 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 90
I have just installed it. barely anything done to it yet. will report back soon
ceejayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 07:12 PM   #205 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 90
some of my apps aren't compatible with jelly bean. other than that... its working well so far.


and no... i'm not missing my camera icon
ceejayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 10:40 PM   #206 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
some of my apps aren't compatible with jelly bean. other than that... its working well so far.


and no... i'm not missing my camera icon
ceejayr:

Thanks for the feedback.
NewbyJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 01:33 AM   #207 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
For the life of me i cannot figure out what i have done wrong?? I have tried at least 3 diff times to put android on my touchpad. I have gone step by step from the getting started guide. Always when it comes to I think Novacom install, it just keeps trying to load FOREVER!!!! Not sure what's the problem! Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by mandibaker; 01/26/2013 at 01:42 AM.
mandibaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 02:08 AM   #208 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandibaker View Post
For the life of me i cannot figure out what i have done wrong?? I have tried at least 3 diff times to put android on my touchpad. I have gone step by step from the getting started guide. Always when it comes to I think Novacom install, it just keeps trying to load FOREVER!!!! Not sure what's the problem! Anyone else have this problem?
Could you state step by step how you have treid to install it?
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 12:01 PM   #209 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 25
I have a 16 gig tp, do this work on it. where do the 4g come from. mine?
Frank Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 12:16 PM   #210 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 121
Frank Ross: Please do not attempt to install any of the Android builds in this thread, they are not for you. I suggest you check RootzWiki for the proper CM build for your WiFi TP as well as instructions to installing it on your TP. The builds on this thread are specifically for the TP 4G.
__________________
Devices:
HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
HTC One (T-Mobile)
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
gamer765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 07:30 AM   #211 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
News: 20 January 2013 A new release of CyanogenMod CM10 (jellybean) is available for the HP TouchPad 4G.

See the second post in this thread for all the links ...

Along with the 04 Dec 2012 CyanogenMod CM9 (ics) release, these builds incorporate a pre-release version of MBM HAL 4.0.0 BETA still under development. In addition, the kernel drivers to support the MBM have all been updated to the most current releases.

The 04 Dec 2012 CM9 release incorporates all CM9 merges as of 04 Dec 2012, Dorregaray's camera patches and some additional MBM HAL 4.0.0.0 Beta test patches.

The 20 Jan 2013 CM10 release incorporates all CM10 merges as of 20 Jan 2013. It also includes Dorregaray's camera and sensor (gyroscope) patches, James Sullins' sound, 3d video, and battery shutdown patches, and the same additional MBM HAL 4.0.0.0 Beta test patches.

CM10 Notes:
  • This build is experimental and the patches are still undergoing improvements and fixes.
  • There is a known bug where mtp must be turned on to allow proper charging.
  • The camera icon may be missing from the launcher drawer. You can access the camera with a 'left' swipe from the lock screen or installing the 'Camera Launcher for Nexus 7" app.

Acknowledgements: Special thanks to those that made this possible: James Sullins for all his work on CM10 audio and test builds (and supporting everone else), Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) for the camea and sensor (gyroscope) development, gamer765 for testing 4G builds, and the MBM HAL developers. This build would not be possible without their efforts.
I went from CM9 4g beta 1 to the CM 10-MBM_Beta-20130120-4g_alpha1-tenderloin Jan. 20 release & it is working flawlessly. I'm using the ATT buy a secession & that is working. On the ATT be carefull to make sure it doesn't auto-renew . The first install was a problem because I used the wrong gapps. Had to do full wipe redo with gapps-20121011. It worked well.
charley1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 03:33 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 90
my battery drain on idle with these main settings:

governor: conservative
airplane mode: on (wifi off, data off, cellular off)
brightness: rockbottom

averages on the -80mAh using battery monitor widget to check

could someone check on your unit for comparison? thanks!
ceejayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 10:08 PM   #213 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 67
I followed the instruction and put on cminstall all said files

01/28/2013 10:05 AM 154,155,155 cm-10-MBM_Beta-20130120-4g_alpha1-tenderl
oin.zip
01/28/2013 10:04 AM 7,821 gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
01/28/2013 10:05 AM 7,340 moboot_038-tenderloin.zip
01/28/2013 10:05 AM 7,413 update-CWM6_tenderloin-20121215.zip

After it went through two penguins, at the end I have
Please release key(s) ...

I had done a AcmeUninstaller and then AcmeInstaller3

Please help! I have the TP connected in this state now. It was running perfectly for past 8 months on ICS beta1 and now it is dead! This was unlocked by code from ceejayr. (ATT version). I do a hard reset with POWER+HOME 5 sec, I see hp logo and then goes onto same Please release key(s) ...

I hate doing palm webos doctor etc, and I hope there is some way out.

Last edited by tabletrus; 01/28/2013 at 10:20 PM.
tabletrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 10:30 PM   #214 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 90
that's strange... i'm sure we did the same steps, let me outline what i did though...

1. acmeuninstall
2. copy the same 4 files into cminstall folder (i did this in webos)
3. acmeinstall3
= saw new CM10 animation afterwards.
ceejayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 11:02 PM   #215 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
that's strange... i'm sure we did the same steps, let me outline what i did though...

1. acmeuninstall
2. copy the same 4 files into cminstall folder (i did this in webos)
3. acmeinstall3
= saw new CM10 animation afterwards.
I did exact same step! I copied on webos as you said, I downloaded all the files from the links on this forum. I am searching in google, and not able to find a definite answer. people are suggesting moboot maybe wrong. strange.. will wait for more suggestions. I did NOT do any nandroid backups. Was that necessary?

UPDATE: Found the issue, my files were all truncated and half baked. If you see my directory listing many are corrupted. I wonder how firefox told download complete. Doing all ove again.

Last edited by tabletrus; 01/28/2013 at 11:17 PM.
tabletrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 11:06 PM   #216 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 90
i downloaded gapps and the rom here, moboot and cwm6 from goo.im <==which are goo.im links = ) so its pretty much the exact same thing.
ceejayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 11:10 PM   #217 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 168
tabletrus:

Sounds like something is corrupted in your /boot directory and moboot is not working right. First, be sure that your home or volume keys are not actaully sticking.

Another thing to try is to go into usb mode again and issue just 'novacom boot' instead of 'novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller' and see if it boots into recovery. They you can try just installing moboot again.

I will look for some other hints and get back to you ...

John
NewbyJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 11:13 PM   #218 (permalink)
Member
 
marknyack's Avatar
 
Posts: 23
hi - I am presently running CM9 on my ATT 4G without problems (actually don't use it much since WebOS does most of what I need). I appreciate all the hard work that's gone into developing both CM 9 and CM10. The question I have is - What benefit(s) does CM10 really bring over CM9 for an occasional user? I have read through this thread and I haven't seen a big reason other than it is getting more stable - camera works, etc. With each update.
marknyack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 11:21 PM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
tabletrus:

I will look for some other hints and get back to you ...

John
Beyond what I mentioned before ..

Unzip the CWM file and copy/extract the 'uImage.ClockworkMod' file to the Palm, Inc folder or wherever you put the ACMEInstaller3 file.

Then put TP in USB mode and use novacom to boot the CWM recovery:

novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod

This should get you back into recovery and you can try installing the files from your cminstall directory one at a time and see what happens.
NewbyJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 11:25 PM   #220 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 168
tabletrus:

Yep, corrupted files would do it. Should be able to start over if you can get the correct files into cminstall. Or, try my suggestion to boot into CWM and go from there.
NewbyJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0