01/06/2013, 04:08 PM
I can't believe this!
I went to my operator to change the SIM for one that might work and.
1. All the SIMS they have is the "new" SIM that ws shown here as a Legacy SIM
2. No, they cannot swap the content of the SIMs (so that I could use the one on the PRE3 with the Touchpad 4G and viceversa)
3. No. they cannot change the phone number assigned to a SIM, (So I could assign the phone number of the SIM on the tablet to the Pre3, use that SIM on the tablet and ask for a new SIM with the Pre3 phone number for the Pre3
Seems like all those operations somehow involve tearing down the phone line and as soon as they do that, the SIM is scratched from the system, they cannot reuse it.
Looks like my only hope is that
1. John can find out how to talk to a legacy SIM
2. Switch carriers. Could be but I have to test if their SIMs are compatible with CM9/CM10
3. Find a way to stop whomever is asking for data service until I can connect/register with the phone network. Somehow that works at the beginning after I reinit/reinstall the system, but not later. What is different then?